Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RB trade
With Austin Eckler seeking a trade, NFL Total Access discussed his best landing spots and the Bengals were listed as a good fit.
What do you think it would take to pull this off? Obviously Mixon would probably be involved.
Although highly unlikely, would you even be interested in doing this deal?
Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:58 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: With Austin Eckler seeking a trade, NFL Total Access discussed his best landing spots and the Bengals were listed as a good fit.
What do you think it would take to pull this off? Obviously Mixon would probably be involved.
Although highly unlikely, would you even be interested in doing this deal?
Tiger

Not that I wouldn't love to see the dynamic athleticism that Austin Eckler brings on the Bengals offense, I am just highly skeptical that the Chargers would have any interest in taking Mixon with his current contract.  Weren't they just restructuring WR deals to create cap space?  Seems disingenuous that they would take on an overpriced and underproducing RB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don’t pay HB’s. Going from one high paid one to another that wants to be high paid is dumb.
Reply/Quote
I like Eckler and think he would be a good fit for the Bengals. He is a good receiver as well as a runner. Mixon is on the downside and hope he gets traded. Probably too high priced though.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 02:57 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I like Eckler and think he would be a good fit for the Bengals. He is a good receiver as well as a runner. Mixon is on the downside and hope he gets traded. Probably too high priced though.

Mixon is entering age 26 season. Ekeker age 28

For what it’s worth
Reply/Quote
What I worry about Eckler is how much
Does he really have left to play at a
High level? He is reaching that age where
RBs start to go south in production.
I rather draft a RB with the same skillets for
Fraction of the cost.i think Eckler was a late
RD draft pick or a undrafted FA so his
Skillet is out there to be found
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:22 AM)impactplaya Wrote: What I worry about Eckler is how much
High level? He is reaching that age where

Found one.
[Image: 24c123f25e5232764cc2cffde72a192b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Don’t pay HB’s. Going from one high paid one to another that wants to be high paid is dumb.

This, need to shed salary from our RB's right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:22 AM)impactplaya Wrote: What I worry about Eckler is how much
High level?
He is reaching that age where

Obviously the risk of injury is always a concern with players that touch the ball as often as he does.  However, he'll only be 28 this season, and he's scored 47 TDs in the past 2 years.  You don't think that sort of production is worth paying a bit of a premium for?  He's only played 6 seasons, plenty of tread left on the tires.  As dynamic of a player that Ekeler is, he would fit extremely well into the Bengal offense.  I think that he's worth every bit of say 3yrs/$25.5M with at least half guaranteed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote