Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RC's First & Only 2016 Mock Draft
1. Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech. Massive long frame. Has all the physical tools needed to play the game. Still raw and developing his game though. Efficient run stopper, eats double teams which would allow our linebackers to run free. Pass rush not too bad either as he shows some ability to be a disrupter there. Has a good motor, puts in great effort. Would thrive in our rotation before eventually replacing Peko down the road.

2. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma. Great speed, has the quickness and ability to get vertical and stretch the field. Quick in and out of his routes. Just overall an electric athlete with high character and a great work ethic.

3. Leonte Carroo WR Rutgers. Back to back WR’s. Carroo has great hands and solid body control. Not the fastest, but a solid route runner that can find ways to get open. Consistent production at Rutgers. Has some character issues that may drop him a little to the mid rounds. I think we get a steal here with him.

4. Matt Judon DE Grand Valley St. Very disruptive pass rusher. Absolutely destroyed the level of competition he played. Hopefully the NFL competition will be no different. Has long arms and is able to generate power through them. Had 20 sacks last year. Put this guy in the rotation and see what he is capable of.

5. Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame. Without a doubt one of the best linebackers in the nation last season. Unfortunate injury and concerns if he’ll ever be the player he once was drop him far down draft boards. I think that we take a gamble on him here this late. We redshirt him this year and see what happens next year. Best case scenario he returns to form, and our linebacker core just got a whole lot better. Worst case scenario he isn’t who he once was and we waste a pick. These late round picks have a hard time making the roster anyways, so I think that Smith is more than worth the gamble here.

6. Justin Simmons S Boston College. Diverse can play corner or safety. Excellent tacker and great effort player. Has excellent ball skills as well. Worth a look here in the 6th

7. Joe Thuney G N.C. State. Gets the job done. Doesn’t have the overall length preferred at the position, but makes up for it with hard play. Stash this guy on the practice squad and see if you can develop him.
Reply/Quote
No thoughts?
Reply/Quote
I like the first 3,but I'm positive they will draft a safety,it's a deep class
Reply/Quote
I don't see the Bengals using a first round selection on a DT. There is a TON of DT talent in this draft. A more realistic first rounder would be a CB. If the entire top tier of CBs are gone at 24, I could see them taking a trade back and taking the WR in Round 1, but most likely, the Bengals will be making sure they have some insurance for Dre Kirk if he is lost to FA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it.  I'd like it better with a center prospect instead of one of the 2 WRs.   But I'd be very happy with it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:18 PM)3wt Wrote: I like it.  I'd like it better with a center prospect instead of one of the 2 WRs.   But I'd be very happy with it.

This is my only prob, need a Center.

But overall a very nice mock and love all the players. I actually see Shepard going early to mid 2nd and Butler going
right around our pick in the 2nd. If we traded back and grabbed Sterling and got Butler in the 2nd me be happy.

But need a Center.
Reply/Quote