Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WikiLeaks Troll Job
Couldn't figure out which candidate to put this under since it was potentially big news about Clinton and Trump supporters were the ones slobbering over it and got trolled.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/10/04/trump-backers-feel-played-as-wikileaks-fails-to-come-through-on-october-surprise/

Quote:LONDON — The expectations were breathless.

For weeks, backers of Republican nominee Donald Trump have hyped the tantalizing possibility that the anti-secrecy organization WikiLeaks was on the verge of publishing a set of documents that would doom Hillary Clinton’s chances in November.

“@HillaryClinton is done,” longtime Trump associate Roger Stone tweeted Saturday. “#Wikileaks.”

The group’s founder, Julian Assange, did nothing to dampen the enthusiasm, suggesting to Fox News hosts that his scoops could upend the race with documents “associated with the election campaign, some quite unexpected angles, some quite interesting.”

The announcement by WikiLeaks that it would host a major news conference Tuesday only seemed to confirm that the bombshell was ready to burst. The pro-Trump, anti-Clinton media world rippled with fevered speculation.

But if an October surprise about the Democratic nominee really is coming, it will have to wait a little longer.

Over the course of two hours Tuesday — with the world’s media and bleary-eyed Trump die-hards across the United States tuning in — Assange and other WikiLeaks officials railed against “neo-McCarthyist hysteria,” blasted the mainstream press, appealed for donations and plugged their books (“40 percent off!”).

But what they didn’t do was provide any new information about Clinton — or about anything else, really.

The much-vaunted news conference, as it turned out, was little more than an extended infomercial for WikiLeaks on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of its founding.

Assange, whose group released a trove of hacked Democratic National Committee documents on the eve of the party’s convention this summer, breezily dismissed the idea that anyone should have expected any news at his news conference.

“If we are going to make a major publication about the U.S., we wouldn't do it at 3 a.m.," Assange said at one point, referring to the Eastern daylight start time for the event.

That didn’t go over well with Trump backers who had stayed up through the night, thinking they’d be watching live the unveiling of the death blow to the Clinton campaign.

Assange, as it turns out, had taken a page from Trump’s own playbook by drawing an audience with a tease, only to leave those tuning in feeling that they’d been tricked.

Infowars, the pro-Trump and virulently anti-Clinton media vehicle launched by Texas radio host Alex Jones, had touted the WikiLeaks news conference as “historic” and promised that “the Clintons will be devastated.”

LMAO

I am looking forward to seeing if there will be more coming out in the future and was looking forward to seeing if there would be anything new today. But all of the hype leading up tot his and all of the sour grapes that it amounted to nothing was hilarious.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
The article in the OP seems to be attempting to paint Trump and his supporters in a poor light based on nothing more than assumption, but whatever sells.

Also, I guess this proves that I am not a Trump supporter; as I had never heard of any such release and damn sure didn't stay up all night looking for it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Hillary has been negotiating a price and Assange grand-standed with a release date, to get her to up the bid.

It was also a nice distraction, so Guccifer could finish preparing for the release of his Clinton Foundation hack.

There is still fun to be had.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Is that dude still hiding out in n embassy? He locked himself in jail to avoid jail.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-05-2016, 05:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is that dude still hiding out in n embassy?  He locked himself in jail to avoid jail.

Yes, and there was a break-in a while back. They suspect that someone was going for Assange.

I didn't stay up waiting for it. I figure it'll get released when he wants it to. Soros and Hillary are both involved financially in trying to buy what's left.