Per Fans Speak Mock Simulator

Chase Young DE Ohio state
Austin Jackson OT USC
Solomon Kindley OG Georgia
Jacob Phillips LB LSU
jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech
Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska
Michael Pittman JR. WR USC

Roll with Dalton for one more year and see what the poor guy can do when protected. Jonah Williams, Billy Price, Trey Hopkins, Solomon Kindley, Austin Jackson means dalton will be protected. And the defense with this draft would be AWESOME!!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 12:22 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Per Fans Speak Mock Simulator

Austin Jackson OT USC  
Jacob Phillips LB LSU

Roll with Dalton for one more year and see what the poor guy can do when protected.  Jonah Williams, Billy Price, Trey Hopkins, Solomon Kindley, Austin Jackson means dalton will be protected.  And the defense with this draft would be AWESOME!!

Some won't like to hear this, but Billy Price is so bad that I'd much rather have Kindley at LG and keep John Miller at RG. Anything is better than starting Price.

Good mock though if not getting a QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope this mock comes to life. Mainly because of Chase, which I don't believe is realistic... A franchise QB is what MB will be looking for (Burrow). I wouldn't be surprised if the pick is already made up in his mind.

I'm not saying Burrow is a bad choice. I just prefer Young in general over any player.

With that being said, nice mock.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some won't like to hear this, but Billy Price is so bad that I'd much rather have Kindley at LG and keep John Miller at RG. Anything is better than starting Price.

Good mock though if not getting a QB.

Brooo I feel u and yea I don’t like t but it could be our reality with price. I’m just really hoping with him
A full off season at one position he will finally get it but honestly who knows.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 03:36 PM)Takedown Wrote: I hope this mock comes to life. Mainly because of Chase, which I don't believe is realistic... A franchise QB is what MB will be looking for (Burrow). I wouldn't be surprised if the pick is already made up in his mind.

I'm not saying Burrow is a bad choice. I just prefer Young in general over any player.

With that being said, nice mock.

I wouldn’t be mad at the Burrow pick but not happy either. I want chase young soo bad and I’m not tooo interested in a qb this year really. I’m not a huge bang the table advocate for dalton but I also think we can win a super bowl with him. The poor guys has had the worst offensive line by far in the nfl the last few years and we are supposed to judge the man behind that. Hate to play the “fair card” but that shit just ain’t fair. Let’s build our team in this draft with pieces needed and then if need be next year then go draft ur qb
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 03:43 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I wouldn’t be mad at the Burrow pick but not happy either.  I want chase young soo bad and I’m not tooo interested in a qb this year really.  I’m not a huge bang the table advocate for dalton but I also think we can win a super bowl with him.  The poor guys has had the worst offensive line by far in the nfl the last few years and we are supposed to judge the man behind that.  Hate to play the “fair card” but that shit just ain’t fair.  Let’s build our team in this draft with pieces needed and then if need be next year then go draft ur qb

Andy can be as great as his weapons. That includes the o-line. He's no Tom Brady making something out of nothing. HE NEEDS that supporting cast. A lot of people on this board want a new face at QB and that's it. I know everyone who sides with Andy points to 2015 as an example, but its the truth. We can be on that level again if we get the damn o-line fixed. BUT!!! Andy's rep in the playoffs is pure garbage and I'm not sure even in 2015 that we would've made it that far. We may have beat Pitt... MAYBE. When Andy is confident, he can be as good as any QB in the NFL.

I think Chase is a no brainer, which even though our front office seems to have no brains, they would still take the QB. I'm all in for Young then Lawrence next year if Andy has another down year. The Jets game was a "I got nothing to lose" moment for Andy. He may help us win out, and if he does, he's looking at an extension and we miss out on Young and Burrow.... Thomas would be my pick. Or maybe Jeudy… I'd tease that idea.

I'm not so sure we beat NE, but they really haven't been themselves this year.

Sorry for goin off topic. I love Chase as well. Like, man crush type stuff. I'd flip out if he were the pick (in a good way). I know there's a line in the sand on this board between Young and Burrow fans. So I expect some backlash.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 03:39 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Brooo I feel u and yea I don’t like t but it could be our reality with price.  I’m just really hoping with him
A full off season at one position he will finally get it but honestly who knows.

Price has been given two full seasons basically to show promise at a position.
I'm fine with grooming him toward a position but I think he'd be better at RG than LG. Let him compete with Miller for starting RG reps.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Price has been given two full seasons basically to show promise at a position.
I'm fine with grooming him toward a position but I think he'd be better at RG than LG. Let him compete with Miller for starting RG reps.

I agree and always have. Always wanted him at right guard. Wel once center tididnt work out.
Reply/Quote
By "realistic" mock, what exactly did you mean? Did you mean that this is exactly what you think the Bengals will do? Or, is this what you would do?

Either way, waiting until the 4th and 5th rounds to draft LBs just does not seem to pan out. The top LBs are typically found at the top of the draft. Don't believe me? Just look up the NFL All-Pro team, and look at the draft position of each one of them.

Furthermore, this defense already has good to very good DEs. Spending the top pick on Chase Young isn't going to magically fix anything. The defense needs a stud LB. A defense that can't stop the run consistently, will never force teams into "pass only" situations, in order for a pick like Chase Young to pay early and great dividends.

Sorry for coming off crass, but not sorry for telling the truth.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Austin Jackson OT USC  
Jacob Phillips LB LSU

Roll with Dalton for one more year and see what the poor guy can do when protected.  Jonah Williams, Billy Price, Trey Hopkins, Solomon Kindley, Austin Jackson means dalton will be protected.  And the defense with this draft would be AWESOME!!
Austin Jackson will be pro bowl RT.  He is really good and young.  Brooks is my favorite IBL.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By "realistic" mock, what exactly did you mean? Did you mean that this is exactly what you think the Bengals will do? Or, is this what you would do?

Either way, waiting until the 4th and 5th rounds to draft LBs just does not seem to pan out. The top LBs are typically found at the top of the draft. Don't believe me? Just look up the NFL All-Pro team, and look at the draft position of each one of them.

Furthermore, this defense already has good to very good DEs. Spending the top pick on Chase Young isn't going to magically fix anything. The defense needs a stud LB. A defense that can't stop the run consistently, will never force teams into "pass only" situations, in order for a pick like Chase Young to pay early and great dividends.

Bengals aren’t gonna go linebacker at 1. Chase young is the safest pick in the draft and u see what these unstoppable defensive ends are doing in the league. Also if u know how to evaluate talent ud know that both brooks and Phillips are steals at their positions and not scrubs like we’ve drafted in the past. The bengals also typically as of late target the position in the mid rounds hence “realistic”. Also as much as I have banged the table for linebackers on this team I still won’t put it ahead of offensive lineman. Also You say we have two really good defensive ends conveniently after Dunlap woke up and has his best game of the season. Prior to that he hadn’t done a damn thing and is on the wrong side of 30. We have one solid defensive end and another up and comer in Hubbard. Lawson hasn’t proven to stay healthy at all and is a rotational guy. To say we have two really good defensive ends is a fallacy to try and prove your point. Nice try. Also the likelyhood of swinging and missing on chase young as opposed to a qb in Burrow are much smaller. Chase young is about the closest thing u get to a sure thing and difference make at pick 1 which is what u need Picking that early u need a sure thing difference maker. Chase young is that and also he would change the culture of this team and defense which is almost most importantly what this team needs. I’m not against trading out but only if we’re not picking 1 overall.Also I’ll go back to it I think. Ur highly under estimating the talent level of both Phillips and brooks. Both are high level fly around physical active linebackers that can stop the run and cover and play with attitude. I think of the linebackers this team has drafted high and all I know is I don’t trust them taking a linebacker high. I like Simmons and Murray is ok but not more than chase young or Austin Jackson and it’s not even close
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By "realistic" mock, what exactly did you mean? Did you mean that this is exactly what you think the Bengals will do? Or, is this what you would do?

Bengals aren’t gonna go linebacker at 1. Chase young is the safest pick in the draft and u see what these unstoppable defensive ends are doing in the league. Also if u know how to evaluate talent ud know that both brooks and Phillips are steals at their positions and not scrubs like we’ve drafted in the past. The bengals also typically as of late target the position in the mid rounds hence “realistic”. Also as much as I have banged the table for linebackers on this team I still won’t put it ahead of offensive lineman. Also I say we have two really good defensive ends conveniently after Dunlap woke up and has his best game of the season. Prior to that he hadn’t done a damn thing and is on the wrong side of 30. We have one solid defensive end and another up and comer in Hubbard. Lawson hasn’t proven to stay healthy at all and is a rotational guy. To say we have two really good defensive ends is a fallacy to try and prove your point. Nice try. Also the likelyhood of swinging and missing on chase young as opposed to a qb in Burrow are much smaller. Chase young is about the closest thing u get to a sure thing and difference make at pick 1 which is what u need than anyone else. Also I’ll go back to it I think. Ur highly under estimating the talent level of both Phillips and brooks. Both are high level fly around physical active linebackers that can stop the run and cover and play with attitude. I think of the linebackers this team has drafted high and all I know is I don’t trust them taking a linebacker high. I like Simmons and Murray is ok but not more than chase young or Austin Jackson and it’s not even close
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:30 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bengals aren’t gonna go linebacker at 1.  Chase young is the safest pick in the draft and u see what these unstoppable defensive ends are doing in the league.  Also if u know how to evaluate talent ud know that both brooks and Phillips are steals at their positions and not scrubs like we’ve drafted in the past.  The bengals also typically as of late target the position in the mid rounds hence “realistic”.  Also as much as I have banged the table for linebackers on this team I still won’t put it ahead of offensive lineman.  Also You say we have two really good defensive ends conveniently after Dunlap woke up and has his best game of the season.  Prior to that he hadn’t done a damn thing and is on the wrong side of 30.  We have one solid defensive end and another up and comer in Hubbard.  Lawson hasn’t proven to stay healthy at all and is a rotational guy.  To say we have two really good defensive ends is a fallacy to try and prove your point.  Nice try.  Also the likelyhood of swinging and missing on chase young as opposed to a qb in Burrow are much smaller.  Chase young is about the closest thing u get to a sure thing and difference make at pick 1 which is what u need Picking that early u need a sure thing difference maker.  Chase young is that and also he would change the culture of this team and defense which is almost most importantly what this team needs.  I’m not against trading out but only if we’re not picking 1 overall.Also I’ll go back to it I think. Ur highly under estimating the talent level of both Phillips and brooks.  Both are high level fly around physical active linebackers that can stop the run and cover and play with attitude.  I think of the linebackers this team has drafted high and all I know is I don’t trust them taking a linebacker high.  I like Simmons and Murray is ok but not more than chase young or Austin Jackson and it’s not even close

I agree Chase Young is the safest pick in the draft.
However, it's unrealistic to think an elite edge rusher has more impact on a game than an elite QB.

If you look at the top 10 leaders in sacks, 3 of them (including the leader) are on teams with losing records.
If you look at the top 10 leaders in passer rating, only 1 of them has a losing record. That one person is Matt Stafford, who is 3-4-1.

QB makes a bigger difference on record than a pass rusher.

What this really should come down to is whether people think this QB class has any elite QBs. If not, don't go QB in Rd 1. But if so and your team doesn't have an elite QB, get him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree Chase Young is the safest pick in the draft.
However, it's unrealistic to think an elite edge rusher has more impact on a game than an elite QB.

If you look at the top 10 leaders in sacks, 3 of them (including the leader) are on teams with losing records.
If you look at the top 10 leaders in passer rating, only 1 of them has a losing record. That one person is Matt Stafford, who is 3-4-1.

What this really should come down to is whether people think this QB class has any elite QBs. If not, don't go QB in Rd 1. But if so and your team doesn't have an elite QB, get him.

Have to bet big to win big.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree Chase Young is the safest pick in the draft.

I agree of course if ur telling me to chose between a pro bowl qb or pro bowl defensive end I’m taking the qb everytime but I’m not making that arguement I’m simply saying the safest pick to hit on is a defensive end like chase young than risking boom or bust with a qb especially with the offensive line this team currently has. This roster needs to be built up before we bring in a franchise qb. To me the safest pick is chase young by far annnd he is the best college player in ncaa this year and it’s not even close
Reply/Quote

Khalil Mack posted one winning season out of four with the Oakland Raiders.  Mack and the Raiders achieved the following records during his career there:

3-13
7-9
12-4
6-10

There's no guarantee that Chase Young will ever be as good of a pro as Khalil Mack.  There's no guarantee that an elite pass rusher can fix a defense or carry a team.  Young is indeed a safe prospect because he will very likely make a lot of offensive tackles look silly at the next level, however there's no guarantee that his talents will translate into wins for the team that drafts him.  If given the choice between Peyton Manning or Khalil Mack in their primes, who do you pick?  Would you take a rookie Tom Brady or a rookie Lawrence Taylor?  The choice is pretty obvious in 20/20 hindsight, though you would obviously take a Carlos Dunlap over a Johnny Manziel if you know beforehand who is going carry themselves like a proper pro and who isn't.
Reply/Quote

Austin Jackson OT USC  
Jacob Phillips LB LSU

Although I like the players, you called this draft "realistic" and it is far from that.

Guys like Jackson (if he runs well at combine) and Pittman are not Day 3 picks.  You will never get them there.  And as far as the defense being "awesome", there are still huge weaknesses at safety and it is doubtful that a couple day 3 LBs (who also have a good chance of not being there, especially Phillips) make an immediate impact.  

Hard pass.
Reply/Quote

Austin Jackson OT USC  
Jacob Phillips LB LSU

Dude they are probably going to move Price sometime before the draft. He's had his chance and hasnt lived up to the hype, maybe a fresh start somewhere else might do him some good. Kindley wont be there in the 3rd also.

Not too realistic considering Joe Burrow isnt their first pick. You guys keep denying the inevitable.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 09:36 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Dude they are probably going to move Price sometime before the draft. He's had his chance and hasnt lived up to the hype, maybe a fresh start somewhere else might do him some good. Kindley wont be there in the 3rd also.

Not too realistic considering Joe Burrow isnt their first pick. You guys keep denying the inevitable.

I only called it realistic based on the draft projections for each player. I’m pretty convinced they are gonna take Burrow as well. Just wish it was young that’s all. Kindley has a chance to make it to us at at third round as ee pick at the very top of it but I agree most likely he will be home by then.
Reply/Quote