REALISTIC Zac Taylor Expectations
Ill give 5 of what I expect out of Zac Taylor

1 not bench your star receiver to feed your ego
2 not kick a meaningless fieldgoal late in the 4th down 27-0
3 call more QB sneaks on 3rd and 4th and short
4 run more slants with your WR's
5 dont hand to the runningback out of shotgun on 3rd or 4th and 1
Reply/Quote
A good minded coach would find ways to make something happen. What happened against the ravens was unreal. A real coach would have at least competed and figured SOMETHING out. He didnt have an answer at all. Zachary got absolutely bent over and spanked by the Ravens...oh except the very last drive of the game according to Zachary......where the Ravens played relaxed...Zachary has been struggling with gameplanning and getting something going all year last year and now it happening again this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 06:25 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ill give 5 of what I expect out of Zac Taylor

Yes. Benching Aj to feed his ego.. Zacharys got a little bit of little man syndrome...and if the Ravens are sending everyone and there brother on a blitz.. Use quick passes..slants. 
Reply/Quote
As others have pointed out, ZT being in his 2nd year and still lagging behind Dave Shula and the 90s Bengals in the wins column is dreadful no matter how many excuses you can make.

Hell, ZT is currently behind Hue Jackson in win percentage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 05:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: True.

It would be fun to get in the game day thread with all these people that know the play and listen to them call it out before it happens. 

They would not even know how to call the plays.  The bets they could do would be "Short pass" or "middle run" or stuff like that.

But criticizing play calling never ends.  If a coach does something different he is "crazy for not doing what everyone knows he should do in that situation" but if he does what everyone would do in that situation he is "too predictable".
Reply/Quote
I wanted him gone after last year. It was incredibly obvious whatever “it” is he didn’t have it. The guy has no clue what he’s doing and absolutely no one in the league respects him or wants to work for him. That was a massive red flag out the gate. The players regressed and if he’s only got one win at the bye I hope the brown family changes the locks to his office.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They would not even know how to call the plays.  The bets they could do would be "Short pass" or "middle run" or stuff like that.

But criticizing play calling never ends.  If a coach does something different he is "crazy for not doing what everyone knows he should do in that situation" but if he does what everyone would do in that situation he is "too predictable".

Zac is not a very good playcaller for the most part.
He's not even.good at Xs and Os. 
At best he should be coaching at Austin Peay St.

A good playcaller is always thinking 3 or 4 plays ahead.
He should be controlling tempo. Dictating.to the defense.
Then when.the defense adjusts, the OC adjusts.
Its a chess game. 
Zac has no.idea how to set up a defense.
I think.he's predictable. 
Occasionally.he will look.good vs a DC who isnt 
Qualified to.be a DC like.the Steve Wilks .
But for the most part he gets out schemed on.Sunday
Hes never out schemed a legit DC in his 21 games
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 06:25 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ill give 5 of what I expect out of Zac Taylor

Really?  The entire world saw AJ Green turn and run away from tackling an interceptor, when he had the angle on him.  Then later, while he's on the bench under the guise of "hamstring", the world saw him say "just trade me".  It seems pretty obvious that if the guy isn't going to at least give an effort for his $18M, then maybe Zac was right to bench him?

Honestly, until I saw the replay of AJ obviously pulling up and running away from that tackle, I would have never thought he had that sort of thing in him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What I noticed from our 1 win. The announcers was pointing out he brought the rams playbook with him of running the ball and setting up play action. That's what he brought and supposed to be a offensive mind? We got tricked. When we were able to get 150 yards from mixon we can win the game barely and play action works. But Taylor has no idea how to have a consistent running attack. We dont even have a fullback when our o line is crappy.
Reply/Quote
I think that it's realistic to expect Zac Taylor to be the least qualified, least accomplished NFL head coach out of 32 teams.  That's what he currently is and what he'll likely continue to be.  
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 03:21 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I think that it's realistic to expect Zac Taylor to be the least qualified, least accomplished NFL head coach out of 32 teams.  That's what he currently is and what he'll likely continue to be.  

He has competition from Adam Gase with Jets
Reply/Quote
Gruden stirred the pot for the Raiders and I'll have to admit, his plan is working.

2018 record: 4-12
2019 record: 7-9
2020 record 3-2

So far, steady improvement. Pretty good. Always thought he has Dungy's super bowl ring, overall I think he has the same win-loss % as Marvin. IF Marvin didn't dip the last 3 season with us, he would have ended with a more respectable record.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 10:15 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He has competition from Adam Gase with Jets

Sadly, it's not even close.  

Gase took the Miami Dolphins to the playoffs with a 10-6 record in his first year as a head coach.  As a head coach, he's 30-39 with a .435 regular season win rate and 0-1 in the playoffs.  Compare that to Zac Taylor's record of 3-17-1 with a win rate of .167.

When you compare prior success it's not really close either.  Gase was phenomenal as an OC on the Denver Broncos for a couple of years(he DID have P. Manning), and coordinated the 18th best offense on the Bears for one year.  ZT was a QB coach on a team that went to a Super Bowl by buying a defense in FA and running the ball more often than they passed it.  His record on the Bearcats was nothing to write home about.  He went 2-3 as OC of the Dolphins, averaging 17 points per game.  Gase is more qualified, experienced, and accomplished in the league.  ZT's current win rate is one of the worst ever.
Reply/Quote