Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS APRIL GAMES THREAD
(04-25-2021, 05:17 AM)kevin Wrote: Save your money, but ice cream.  That is what old timers I worked with in 1970's use to say.  Plus, I get plenty of baseball with a MLB channel on cable package and games on other channels.  I get the Reds on Fox Ohio, but I watched Seattle at Boston as game MLB gave me.  I'm in Fantasy Leagues and I had Flexen pitching up points for Seattle.  Ty France hit for points also.  Then I went and bought chicken wings.   I see Reds lost and are facing another SWEEP with Flaherty on the mound. Reds could get hit with the broom in the rear end twice in one week. 

My biggest gripe with Bell is that if a player has a big game, he benches them.  Hot streaks come and go.  As Jerry Reed sang, When you're hot, you're hot. When you're not, you're not.  I would have never benched Naquin on his hot streak, but Bell did.  They are so into computer charts these days, they don't see playing the guys on a Hot Streak.  They cool off on the bench.  Bell thinks he has to play everybody on the team, even if it means benching Hot Players. 

Don't the Reds have a trip to Dodgers after St Louis.  Look for Dodgers to destroy the Reds.

To me, these charts are like reading a horse racing form.  Just because a horse or player did well in a situation a year or two ago, doesn't mean that horse or player is HOT this year.  Sometimes you need to throw out the racing form before you go cross eyed over so many stats that you are missing the obvious of whos HOT and whos NOT.  I think benching Naquin when Bell did was a horrible move, and Reds have lost ever since. Now Naquin not as HOT.  Can a computer tell you why players get HOT ?   NO, they can't.  

Anyway, you saved money not buying Reds TV.   They are cold as ice now.  April is going to be an awful month.  

YES

The Reds need a win bad today ! The Dodgers are on fire sweeping the Reds in LA would be no big surprise. They could be 6 games below .500 in a jiffy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds get the Broom all week. Swept by Arizona and St Louis.

Castillo struggled in 2020 and is awful so far in 2021. Announcers say it, he does NOT challenge hitters. Bob Gibson is best example of nasty attitude, this is my mound and my game, and going after hitters. Castillo is all Mister Happy on mound nibbling at the plate and falling behind in the count. He does not attack with his talent. The better pitchers have an attitude, Castillo is smiling and Mellow as he gets beat. Announcers are seeing it. He does NOT challenge and attack the hitters and get ahead on the count.

On India hit in head again, let us not forget Molina the catcher who ordered up the pitch. Would Molina want a Red hit in the head ? You better believe it. Bell thrown out of game over it, and a good throw out rhubarb. Maybe Bell needs to go Lou Piniella and throw a base into outfield or yell at ump over India hit to wake Reds up.

I have dumped Garrett from all Fantasy Teams. One Team I had Castillo, no longer, I just dumped him. There are too many pitchers doing better than Castillo in free agency in that League, so Adios. Gray I have on many teams, and I give him extra time due to injury, but May 15th he better be going or I drop him. I have no problem dumping Reds not producing every year. There are 29 other teams of players.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 05:28 PM)kevin Wrote: Reds get the Broom all week. Swept by Arizona and St Louis.  

Castillo struggled in 2020 and is awful so far in 2021.  Announcers say it, he does NOT challenge hitters.  Bob Gibson is best example of nasty attitude, this is my mound and my game, and going after hitters.  Castillo is all Mister Happy on mound nibbling at the plate and falling behind in the count. He does not attack with his talent.  The better pitchers have an attitude, Castillo is smiling and Mellow as he gets beat.   Announcers are seeing it.  He does NOT challenge and attack the hitters and get ahead on the count.

On India hit in head again, let us not forget Molina the catcher who ordered up the pitch.  Would Molina want a Red hit in the head ? You better believe it.  Bell thrown out of game over it, and a good throw out rhubarb.  Maybe Bell needs to go Lou Piniella and throw a base into outfield or yell at ump over India hit to wake Reds up.

I have dumped Garrett from all Fantasy Teams.  One Team I had Castillo, no longer, I just dumped him. There are too many pitchers doing better than Castillo in free agency in that League, so Adios.  Gray I have on many teams, and I give him extra time due to injury, but May 15th he better be going or I drop him. I have no problem dumping Reds not producing every year. There are 29 other teams of players.

Exactly

He's trying way to hard to be cute with his pitches on the edge of the zone and it gets him in trouble. We need Castillo to figure it out in a hurry !
Reply/Quote
From first, ripping up the league to dead last in the division.. Nice job there Bell..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This team sucked my soul out of my body. Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Well that didn't take long for Garrett to blow another lead.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 01:51 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Well that didn't take long for Garrett to blow another lead.

Reds were ahead 3 to 1.  Sims was doing great.  Bell comes out of dugout.  Announcers say they would leave Sims in.  Bell calls for the Lefty AG.  In seconds it became a tie ball game.  BELL STINKS. 

I am so glad I dropped AG from all my Fantasy Teams. Relievers don't give you many points, but AG is negative points and worse after tonight, which is awful for a reliever.

I was not watching the game. I saw it was 3 to 1 in 6th. I thought, " OK, here come the bullpen to blow it ". Ask not for whom The Bell tolls, or the Bullpen tolls. I would have bet money at 3-1 that Bell would find a way to blow the lead. I was switching channels when I saw Bell go to mound to take out Sims and go to AG and in seconds blew the lead.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Winker just put Reds ahead top of 10th inning. So the question is, can Bell blow the lead twice ???
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bell shouldn't have put Garrett in with a close lead. His constant mis-handling of the bullpen is irritating. I honestly feel that their ERA would be lower if he had not put pitchers in as frequently as he does and often bringing in the wrong guy for the wrong situation. It is painfully obvious that Garrett is struggling, he should strictly be in mop up mode until he can get out of whatever funk he is in.

Winker! What a shot in the 10th! Smart move by Bell to stick with Antone. Let's hope it works out. Onto the bottom of the 10th!
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Reds win!!!!! It's a miracle!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 02:48 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Bell shouldn't have put Garrett in with a close lead. His constant mis-handling of the bullpen is irritating. I honestly feel that their ERA would be lower if he had not put pitchers in as frequently as he does and often bringing in the wrong guy for the wrong situation. It is painfully obvious that Garrett is struggling, he should strictly be in mop up mode until he can get out of whatever funk he is in.

Winker! What a shot in the 10th! Smart move by Bell to stick with Antone. Let's hope it works out. Onto the bottom of the 10th!

I get why he brought Garrett in but i'm more surprised the ball Seager hit went out with how the ball was dying on the warning track all game long and considering he golfed it.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 03:01 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds win!!!!! It's a miracle!

I was shocked when I saw it. And they needed it bad, already.
Reply/Quote
Jekyll and Hyde team like no other. Plays a bad Arizona team twice and gets beat up then beat a good Dodgers team. Go figure.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Winning a series from Dodgers who look to be best team in MLB is impressive. Reds had lost 4 of last 5 series, so this was surprising. Reds have made a few changes against Dodgers. One is Doolittle is Closing Games, not AG. Well, Doolittle was the Closer for 2019 World Series Champ Washington Nationals, the last 6 month season before covid....also Winker is on fire. One of MLB best hitters in April. Farmer is MLB SUPER SUB on hitting and playing all positions including SS and Catcher.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Who saw this coming ? Lets hope this spring boards them back to being a competitive team.
Reply/Quote
Happy to see them doing well, really hope Suarez gets out of his funk soon.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Glad the Reds held on cause Sims got screwed by the home plate ump twice on strike 3 looking which should have ended the game sooner.
Reply/Quote