Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS APRIL GAMES THREAD
The ghost of Joe whispering in Jose’s ear. “If you swing the bat, you’re dangerous.”
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A few things . . .

1) Larkin is much better today. I think that he watched the replay and took notes. He is speaking at a slower cadence instead of trying to cram as much information between pitches. Also didn't hear "Different game and different era". Good for him and great for us.

2) India should be batting either 6th ahead of Senzel or lead off.

3) They are hitting better and although we still have the 9th to go, the bull pen is killing it right now.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Naquin is a beast!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
His two home runs gives Cincinnati 5 games with 2 Home Runs to start the season. Modern game record is 6 games by the Brooklyn Dodgers, I believe in 1954. I saw that on the crawl earlier today on MLB network.

Watching the Reds man handle a teams #5 starter is proof this is a different team from last year. They made almost EVERY teams starters look good.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
India has set some record for most RBI's thru 5 games by rookie. And now Naquin has 7 RBI's in this game alone.
Reply/Quote
Love seeing Votto finally swinging the bat. If he could return to even 2/3's of what he was ? And Suarez comes around ? This team could be dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2021, 09:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: India has set some record for most RBI's thru 5 games by rookie. And now Naquin has 7 RBI's in this game alone.

India has 6 hits with runners in scoring position in his first 5 games. Naquin has 12 RBI on the season already.

The only two not hitting well are Votto and Suarez and you are right, it's nice seeing Votto be aggressive at the plate even with the low average.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
And let's give Miley credit for pitching a solid 6 shutout innings. Not many here expected that.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
As of now Reds are 2nd in team batting average, lead the league in rbi's, runs scored and slugging percentage. No stolen bases and none caught.
Kind of middle of the road in pitching.. I'm unsure if the pitching will hold up or the hitting, but if both do the offense can carry the pitching at this rate..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 12:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: As of now Reds are 2nd in team batting average, lead the league in rbi's,  runs scored and slugging percentage. No stolen bases and none caught.
Kind of middle of the road in pitching.. I'm unsure if the pitching will hold up or the hitting, but if both do the offense can carry the pitching at this rate..

Amazing.

This is the Cubs starting lineup tonight after they were shutout with only one hit and it looks like the Reds last season

.091 Happ
.071 Contreras
.125 Rizzo
.250 Bryant - had a 4th inning double
.000 Pederson
.167 Baez
.154 Heyward
.100 Bote
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
The Reds being fun to watch is nice. Hasn't happened in quite a while.
Reply/Quote
The first inning of the first game was bad. Since then it’s been lights out.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Hoping Castillo can rebound today and put a dent in that 21.6 ERA
Reply/Quote
It's amazing how "coming out swinging" has so much of a different effect than "coming out taking".

5 quick runs in the first and Naquin smashes another dinger.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
They're really ripping the band-aid off their past several seasons and letting it flow. i wish I could watch em on TV so I MIGHT invest in mlb.tv again if they don't decide to go dormant suddenly..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
SWEEP OF PIRATES, following Series Win over Cardinals. 5 GAME WINNING STREAK, Reds Hitting and Pitching has been Great. Yes a 5-1 start to season, but also beating Division Teams hanging losses on them. It seems like every Red is stepping up, so the bench depth hitting and pitching so far is strong. This also means Reds hitting coach and pitching coach are doing something right.

Reds do have West Coast Trips a lot in April, and those are always hard, but the 5-1 start and being RED HOT helps....GO REDS.

I hope I was wrong on Reds pitching. I thought a drop off with Bauer and Disco gone. So far, Reds Pitching has been great. India showing why Moose to 3rd and Suarez trying short. This Naquin has strong arms and has a good swing, he could be real. Aquino off bench is hitting Homers. Both catchers are hitting great. Great Depth so far.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don't even know where to begin. 57 runs ranked 6th in the history of baseball MLB in first 6 games. This team couldn't hit the freakin dirt of the stadium with their bat last year. wow. Clapping
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Sad 
Damn the Reds suck this year..Joe.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 04:44 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't even know where to begin.  57 runs ranked 6th in the history of baseball MLB in first 6 games.  This team couldn't hit the freakin dirt of the stadium with their bat last year.  wow.  Clapping

Maybe the NL Central sucks this year??‍
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2021, 05:50 PM)TheBengals Wrote: Maybe the NL Central sucks this year??‍

Let's hope so. The Reds have been atrocious in the division for the last 5 or 6 years.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote