Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD
A 6-0 lead is a better time to bring Hembree in. Got more room to work with if he starts screwing up. He actually did a decent job tonight and got Harper to get himself ejected on top of it.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Greatest gif ever....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
DBacks just walked off on SD!!! Reds just 2.5 back now!
Reply/Quote
Why the hell would you ever bring in Doolittle in a close game? Why? i get there were some lefty hitters coming up but i'd rather AG come in. He's got a better chance to put a 0 up.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 07:31 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Why the hell would you ever bring in Doolittle in a close game? Why? i get there were some lefty hitters coming up but i'd rather AG come in. He's got a better chance to put a 0 up.

I was thinking Wilson.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Brewers split their DH putting us 8 back meanwhile SD losing 6-0 in the 6th.
Reply/Quote
Not only did SD lose 7-0, they were no hit in the process!
Reply/Quote
August 15th and I do not see Reds catching Brewers.

So Reds are at this time chasing The Padres for Wild Card spot. Others are in the mix including The Cardinals who have Flaherty back from injury with a solid win this week. Flaherty at 9-1 on season in spite of missing months due to injury makes Cardinals tougher.

Forget Pirates and Cubs except as Spoilers. The key games are going to be Reds vs Cardinals down he Stretch, and hope that Padres fall back. The Mets are also in the hunt. Also Giants, Dodgers, Phillies, Braves, Brewers, but some of these teams are out in front. The Reds are trying to catch Padres and the Cardinals are trying to catch the Reds, as of August 15th.

The great manager of Baltimore Orioles Earl Weaver use to say late August and September is when you need to get HOT if you are to win in October. His Red Hot Orioles clocked the struggling down the stretch Reds in 1970 to prove his point. Just as the Red Hot Mets clocked his Orioles in 1969. The play-off teams with the best records from August 15th to end of season are the teams that roll into October HOT and READY to win the World Series.

If Castillo and Gray could just get HOT and stay HOT down the stretch to go with Miley, Mahle and Gutierrez. If Castillano and Winker and Votto can lead the way and maybe Suarez or others get HOT like Bench did at end of 1976. NOW is the time TO GET HOT.

I also like Casey Stengel on winning 5 World Series in a row. Casey said you can win a game in the 3rd inning as much as in the 9th inning. I agree with that. Managers who wait for the 9th inning are fools. If you can lay it on a team early in the game, Get After Them. Bat Around. Knock their pitcher out early.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Castellanos and Bell both ejected in the top of the first after a strike 3 call that was outside. Castellanos questioned a couple strike calls yesterday so i'm not too surprised this happened.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:21 PM)kevin Wrote: August 15th and I do not see Reds catching Brewers.

So Reds are at this time chasing The Padres for Wild Card spot.  Others are in the mix including The Cardinals who have Flaherty back from injury with a solid win this week. Flaherty at 9-1 on season in spite of missing months due to injury makes Cardinals tougher.

Forget Pirates and Cubs except as Spoilers. The key games are going to be Reds vs Cardinals down he Stretch, and hope that Padres fall back.  The Mets are also in the hunt.  Also Giants, Dodgers, Phillies, Braves, Brewers, but some of these teams are out in front.  The Reds are trying to catch Padres and the Cardinals are trying to catch the Reds, as of August 15th.

The great manager of Baltimore Orioles Earl Weaver use to say late August and September is when you need to get HOT if you are to win in  October. His Red Hot Orioles clocked the struggling down the stretch Reds in 1970 to prove his point.  Just as the Red Hot Mets clocked his Orioles in 1969.  The play-off teams with the best records from August 15th to end of season are the teams that roll into October HOT and READY to win the World Series.

If Castillo and Gray could just get HOT and stay HOT down the stretch to go with Miley, Mahle and Gutierrez.  If Castillano and Winker and Votto can lead the way and maybe Suarez or others get HOT like Bench did at end of 1976.  NOW is the time TO GET HOT.

I also like Casey Stengel on winning 5 World Series in a row. Casey said you can win a game in the 3rd inning as much as in the 9th inning.  I agree with that. Managers who wait for the 9th inning are fools. If you can lay it on a team early in the game, Get After Them. Bat Around. Knock their pitcher out early.

Got the last 3 game series against the Brewers starting on the 24th. That will go a long way determining if we have a chance at the division.
Reply/Quote
With Castellanos ejected and Winker leaving the game (unknown reason) and Akiyama and Aquino used to replace them, i believe that leaves just Suarez and Stephenson on the bench neither of which are OF's. Lorenzen is the only real option for OF if the need arises so he might not be used out of the pen.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 02:21 PM)kevin Wrote: August 15th and I do not see Reds catching Brewers.

So Reds are at this time chasing The Padres for Wild Card spot.  Others are in the mix including The Cardinals who have Flaherty back from injury with a solid win this week. Flaherty at 9-1 on season in spite of missing months due to injury makes Cardinals tougher.

Forget Pirates and Cubs except as Spoilers. The key games are going to be Reds vs Cardinals down he Stretch, and hope that Padres fall back.  The Mets are also in the hunt.  Also Giants, Dodgers, Phillies, Braves, Brewers, but some of these teams are out in front.  The Reds are trying to catch Padres and the Cardinals are trying to catch the Reds, as of August 15th.

The great manager of Baltimore Orioles Earl Weaver use to say late August and September is when you need to get HOT if you are to win in  October. His Red Hot Orioles clocked the struggling down the stretch Reds in 1970 to prove his point.  Just as the Red Hot Mets clocked his Orioles in 1969.  The play-off teams with the best records from August 15th to end of season are the teams that roll into October HOT and READY to win the World Series.

If Castillo and Gray could just get HOT and stay HOT down the stretch to go with Miley, Mahle and Gutierrez.  If Castillano and Winker and Votto can lead the way and maybe Suarez or others get HOT like Bench did at end of 1976.  NOW is the time TO GET HOT.

I also like Casey Stengel on winning 5 World Series in a row. Casey said you can win a game in the 3rd inning as much as in the 9th inning.  I agree with that. Managers who wait for the 9th inning are fools. If you can lay it on a team early in the game, Get After Them. Bat Around. Knock their pitcher out early.

While the Reds certainly have their work cut out for them to catch the highly overachieving roster in Milwaukee, it's a little too soon to rule it out.

Keep in mind that Milw has the toughest schedule of all the playoff teams remaining. While they only have a single 3 game set with the Reds, they have to deal with 13 games with the Cards who are in 3rd and trying to make their own push. They have 4 games at SF, 3 at the Dodgers to end the season, they also have to travel to Cleveland, and play Philly and the Mets. They should come back to earth rather rapidly with their upcoming schedule which would place the Reds in a position to gain some ground. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 12:20 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While the Reds certainly have their work cut out for them to catch the highly overachieving roster in Milwaukee, it's a little too soon to rule it out.

Keep in mind that Milw has the toughest schedule of all the playoff teams remaining. While they only have a single 3 game set with the Reds, they have to deal with 13 games with the Cards who are in 3rd and trying to make their own push. They have 4 games at SF, 3 at the Dodgers to end the season, they also have to travel to Cleveland, and play Philly and the Mets. They should come back to earth rather rapidly with their upcoming schedule which would place the Reds in a position to gain some ground. 

From your lips (keyboard) to God's ears, as my wife would say. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Being a blowout, this was a good time to bring Hembree in but he continues to show how worthless he is. Said it before, when Antone comes back Hembree should be the one packing his bags.
Reply/Quote
Dam Rockies. Took a 5-2 lead on SD into the 9th. They somehow give up infield singles to the first 2 batters then 2 outs later a tying 3 run homer. Going to the bottom of 9 now tied at 5.
Reply/Quote
Thankfully Rockies just hit a walk off homer. Reds are just 1.5 back of SD.
Reply/Quote
Just pitiful losing to a team that lost 12 in a row.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2021, 11:00 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just pitiful losing to a team that lost 12 in a row.

Well, they weren't going to lose forever.
Reply/Quote
Can’t believe we dropped 2 out of 3 to the AAA Cubs. Terrible.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2021, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can’t believe we dropped 2 out of 3 to the AAA Cubs. Terrible.

They just don't have enough to put up a real challenge. 
Reply/Quote