Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS DAYTON DRAGONS ARE BACK !!!
Reds Minor League teams are back for first time since 2019, after no minor leagues in baseball in covid 2020 before vaccines.

Now, WHY is THIS important ?

Because Reds are NOT the New York Yankees and NEVER will have that kind of money. Smaller Cincinnati MUST have a minor league system to develop their own players starting off at a lower pay scale. It is the only way a city like Cincinnati can field a baseball team.

It is a good thing for all the minor league cities across the USA, for THIS is their baseball. States that have no majors team do have a minors team. In Ohio, Dayton has a great fan base and ball park for Reds single A DRAGONS. Columbus has minor league baseball as does Toledo. Their are fans of these teams who would rather watch them play than a major league team. I have been to Dragons games to watch a Reds Pitcher coming off injury pitch a minor league game before rejoining Reds. To my surprise the Dragons Fans do not want to see a Reds pitcher on the mound in Dayton, they prefer their Dragons players.

So Minor League Baseball is BACK. That is great news to teams like the Reds who depend on developing young talent. The Reds for example could use some good young bullpen arms in the future. I remember a young minor leaguer joining the Reds and his first trip to the mound. POP, POP, POP...his name was Rob Dibble, some kid from the minors. Same with some starter from minors who I saw his first game, POP, POP, Pop...his name was Tom Browning...Or a catcher I saw his first home run up from minors, some kid named Johnny Bench.

Cincinnati NEEDS the minors, can not survive without the minors, so it is great to see the minors and teams like The Dayton Dragons Back....I can add it is also great coaching experience. Many good managers got experience in the Minors. If the story is true that the Yankees did offer Babe Ruth a minor league team to manage and gain experience, then Ruth turned down a great opportunity to show teams he could manage and get a major league team. Sparky Anderson came from the minors. The next great Reds managers and coaches may well be from the minors. The ex Reds, ex Cubs David Ross managing The Cubs now, put in some minor league managing. Nobody should ever look down their nose at the minors. It is good baseball, and good experience for players and coaches.

WELCOME BACK MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL.....WE NEED YOU......Reds have some good young talent that lost a year and need to get back on the field.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote