Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS JULY GAMES THREAD
This bullpen is hot garbage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
What is it with these umpires in Reds games and the strike zone? All night long he's calling pitches a good 2 feet out of the zone strikes. Winker should have just gone nuts since the game was over. I mean who cares if you get ejected at that point. Hader doesn't need that much help.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Houser threw three pitches over the plate all game and the Reds looked at all of them. Typical Cincinnati professional sports performance when it's a big game . . . piss running down their legs during the National Anthem, everyone on the team has that waiting around in a dazed look of "When is somebody else going to step up and make a play" and they almost always look under prepared, out coached, out classed or all three.

Worst home plate umpire I've seen since Eric Gregg, whom MLB forced his retirement due to poor calls of balls and strikes. There is supposed to be a post game grading system for the umpires now. I'm curious if there were any MLB games this season where a plate umpire graded worse. That's shit that gets you sent to the minors.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Is the game not being televised for some reason? I can’t find it on directv anywhere.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is the game not being televised for some reason? I can’t find it on directv anywhere.

It was the youtube game of the week. 
Reply/Quote
Great win and an outstanding game from Miley! Reds caught the breaks tonight so it was nice to see things even out after the god awful strike zone they had to put up with last night.
Reply/Quote
Gotta get Suarez out of the lineup. Hitting .176/.256/.367 (60 OPS+), 5th in MLB in Ks, and far as I can tell he's tied for 2nd in MLB in Errors. That .176 BA is even worse than it looks, too, because he's hitting .192 with nobody on and .156 with a runner on base. So he somehow gets even worse when it matters.

Yet he keeps starting almost every day, batting 4th-6th, and is on pace for about -2.5 WAR this year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2021, 04:44 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote:  Typical Cincinnati professional sports performance when it's a big game . . . piss running down their legs during the National Anthem, everyone on the team has that waiting around in a dazed look of "When is somebody else going to step up and make a play" and they almost always look under prepared, out coached, out classed or all three.

Funny how the haters fall all over themselves to rip the Reds when they lose a big game but are silent when they win.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 04:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gotta get Suarez out of the lineup. Hitting .176/.256/.367 (60 OPS+), 5th in MLB in Ks, and far as I can tell he's tied for 2nd in MLB in Errors. That .176 BA is even worse than it looks, too, because he's hitting .192 with nobody on and .156 with a runner on base. So he somehow gets even worse when it matters.

Yet he keeps starting almost every day, batting 4th-6th, and is on pace for about -2.5 WAR this year.

Why did they bring Lopez up to ride the pine ? Put Farmer at 3rd, India at SS and Lopez at 2nd. Give Suarez some time off. I heard another stat yesterday. Suarez has made the 3rd most outs in MLB.
Reply/Quote
Wow this game got crazy in a hurry. Reds no hit through 5 but break through in the 6th with India HBP, Winker gets the first hit, and Castellanos hitting a 3 run homer after Peralta thought he had him struck out looking the pitch before. That forced a pitching change in which Counsell gets ejected on his way back to the dugout. Then bottom of 6 Yelich reaches on infield single after Gutierrez throws the ball by Votto but India backing up. Yelich runs through first but made a very slight move toward second but stopped when India got the ball quick. India tagged Yelich just in case and the ump called him out for that motion to second. Yelich gets ejected for arguing it.
Reply/Quote
Now Votto gets ejected in the 8th after a check swing appeal on a 3-2 count is called a swing and strike 3. Votto immediately went nuts and the replay showed he didn't come anywhere close to swinging. He had a big time gripe on this one.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how the haters fall all over themselves to rip the Reds when they lose a big game but are silent when they win.

***** bullpen.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 10:51 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Now Votto gets ejected in the 8th after a check swing appeal on a 3-2 count is called a swing and strike 3. Votto immediately went nuts and the replay showed he didn't come anywhere close to swinging. He had a big time gripe on this one.

Two innings in a row. Forget who the other was but it wasn't close either.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 11:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Two innings in a row. Forget who the other was but it wasn't close either.

It was Freeman. And in Brach's defense, there should have been no one on for Taylor's homer. He's getting screwed by the home plate ump on the bottom of the zone. 3 pitches to Urias hit the bottom of the zone and none called strikes. Total garbage.
Reply/Quote
Suarez hits a bomb off Hader in the 9th to get the lead back!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 11:07 PM)cinci4life Wrote: It was Freeman. And in Brach's defense, there should have been no one on for Taylor's homer. He's getting screwed by the home plate ump on the bottom of the zone. 3 pitches to Urias hit the bottom of the zone and none called strikes. Total garbage.

Yeah. I noticed several pitches on the line that were called balls the last couple innings. I didn't turn it on until the bottom of the 6th.

Reply/Quote
And while i was typing that, i missed Suarez' home run. lol

My argument against taking him out was just that. Power/rbi/walk-wise, he's right there with Cas and Winker. Hit's though...yeeesh.

Reply/Quote
Absolutely huge win tonight! They can do no worse than split the series and can still take the series with a win tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Big to not lose the series before the AS Break against the Brewers. 5 back, and 5 games in a row left against them. They could tie it up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 12:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Big to not lose the series before the AS Break against the Brewers. 5 back, and 5 games in a row left against them. They could tie it up.

4 in a row. It's only a 3 game series after the break.
Reply/Quote