Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS JULY GAMES THREAD
(07-10-2021, 11:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: ***** bullpen.

Slammed the door in the 9th inning, and.  .  .  

Crickets.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 11:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Absolutely huge win tonight! They can do no worse than split the series and can still take the series with a win tomorrow.

Even more amazing that they could do this while pissing down their legs, being under prepared, out coached, and out classed.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 10:51 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Now Votto gets ejected in the 8th after a check swing appeal on a 3-2 count is called a swing and strike 3. Votto immediately went nuts and the replay showed he didn't come anywhere close to swinging. He had a big time gripe on this one.

Watching Votto tell the ump to use his eyes, followed by the dismissing him with a hand, then coming back out of the dugout to say "They come to see me play not you" is just amazing.

That was just a glorious interaction during an ejection.

Of course, it never should have happened as others have said, the umpires in this series are just garbage.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2021, 09:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how the haters fall all over themselves to rip the Reds when they lose a big game but are silent when they win.

My sincere apologies. Just an FYI about my spare time
1) I take care of an ailing Mother(lung cancer, brain cancer, water on her heart and going blind)
2) I work two jobs(that post was when I finished the game almost around midnight and only decided to post due to "hating" the shittiest umpire performance that I've seen in decades)
3) I run a non-profit radio station I just watched the last two games on MLB.TV at my office in the radio station because it's my only "day off". I just finished today's game at 11:00 pm while programming the rotation for the next two weeks.

I have been recently relegated to watching the games when I can and, most of the replays lately, I just skip ahead to watch the Reds hit each inning because I'm depressed enough. I don't need to see poor pitching to make me more miserable. Plus, most of the time, what I came to post in these threads was already posted 5 hours before.

At the end of my post about division games on 4th of July(translation: rare day off), my only "hate" was for Aquino after struggling in center, at the plate and on the base paths.

Quote:Starting staff falling into place
Bullpen having a good run with help coming down the road(Lorenzen, Santillan, Greene?)
Rookies playing well(India, Stephenson, Lopez, Gutierrez, Santillan, Osich, Hendrix)
Larkin mentioned that the front office looks to be active soon . . . expect Naquin, Aquino(I am tired of watching this man attempt to play baseball), Akiyama and some minor leaguers to be discussed in trades for bullpen help.
My previous posts were June 29th so I don't know where you think I was falling all over myself to rip the Reds. In fact here's the only post that I made in June after a game.
Quote:Castillo with an outstanding game and his ERA drops below 6. Baby steps. Big win with Garrett getting the save. Hopefully that's the spark to straighten out his stupid ass. It's big to get wins when the team doesn't hit. That's Championship type of play.
Without digging through May, I've posted once after a loss in a month and a half and that's apparently too much for you. Sorry, man.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
It's tough being a caregiver..I took care of 3 different old folks who all passed away in the last ten years..my turn is next..
Anyways..
That call on Yellich was a bit ticky tacky, but I'll take it 100 out of 100 times and I don't blame umps for being quick to toss players for arguing.. Players are constantly trying to undermine their authority right or wrong. If I were an ump just dirty looks would be enough..lol If they let everyone argue every play, every ball or strike the game would never end. Every game would take weeks to play..lol
Good for Geno.. He's hung in there through thick and thin. I don't always agree with keeping him in there, but it's tough to argue with the game winning home run.. Especially against the best reliever in the league..

And folks, they ain't the BRM's They ain't gonna win every game and play lights out every day..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Big Game Today for Reds. Castillo on the mound who pitched great this week, but bullpen blew a big lead. A Reds loss lets Brewers win this series 3 to 1. Not good for Reds in 2nd place trying to move up on Brewers. However a WIN today makes this series a 2 to 2 split, with Brewers playing 3 games in Cincinnati next weekend after All-Star Break. So the goal is : Win Today and Win series next weekend.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 10:29 AM)kevin Wrote: Big Game Today for Reds.  Castillo on the mound who pitched great this week, but bullpen blew a big lead. A Reds loss lets Brewers win this series 3  to 1.  Not good for Reds in 2nd place trying to move up on Brewers.  However a WIN today makes this series a 2 to 2 split, with Brewers playing 3 games in Cincinnati next weekend after All-Star Break.  So the goal is : Win Today and Win series next weekend.

Double check your math Kevin.  Reds are already up 2-1 in this series.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 09:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: And folks, they ain't the BRM's They ain't gonna win every game and play lights out every day..

This is why the really need to win with Castillo on the mound today.  He has been pitching as good as almost anyone over the last month, but this game today is huge (for this early in the season) and if you want to be a legit #1 for a playoff team you have to come up big in these situations.

With a 4 day break for the All-Star game Castillo will go again in the 3 game series after the break.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 11:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is why the really need to win with Castillo on the mound today.  He has been pitching as good as almost anyone over the last month, but this game today is huge (for this early in the season) and if you want to be a legit #1 for a playoff team you have to come up big in these situations.

With a 4 day break for the All-Star game Castillo will go again in the 3 game series after the break.

And hopefully Sonny Gray can come off the IL to pitch the last game of that series. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Need a win today.
Reply/Quote
MVP

Reply/Quote
Reds get to Hader again!!! Up 3-1 and still batting in the 9th. Honestly thought Hader hit Suarez on purpose. First pitch fastball is just too obvious for me. Surprised Bell didn't come out and question it.
Reply/Quote
Reds win and take the series and are only 4 games back at the all star break!!!
Reply/Quote
Awesome moment for Castellanos in front of his son. The kid’s reaction was great.

Reply/Quote
Great game
Reply/Quote
Great win!
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 06:49 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds get to Hader again!!! Up 3-1 and still batting in the 9th. Honestly thought Hader hit Suarez on purpose. First pitch fastball is just too obvious for me. Surprised Bell didn't come out and question it.

I thought the same thing. 1st pitch fastball comes in high and tight and hits him. Announcers talking about how long it had been since he hit someone. Just a scumbag move by Hader, thinking he'd be able to hit Suarez for pay-back and then get out of it. Glad to see the team make him pay.

Really hope they are active as we near the trade deadline and add an arm or two for the pen to really get it solidified out there.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Padres lose meaning the Reds are just 3.5 back of the second wildcard spot.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 12:16 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And hopefully Sonny Gray can come off the IL to pitch the last game of that series. 

I really thought Gray only went on the IL to make a spot for Santillian.  Gray wasn't going to start before the break anyway, and it doesn't hurt to have an extra arm with the team.  I'd bet Gray will be back after the ASG.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2021, 10:28 PM)samhain Wrote: I really thought Gray only went on the IL to make a spot for Santillian.  Gray wasn't going to start before the break anyway, and it doesn't hurt to have an extra arm with the team.  I'd bet Gray will be back after the ASG.

Yep. Gray is fine. This is just IL for the convenience of bringing up an extra arm during Gray's downtime since his last start and his next start will be over a week apart even if he didn't go on the IL.

This is the order I would have for the rotation coming out of the break.

Castillo - normal 4 days rest
Mahle - coming off of 8 days rest
Gray - coming off of 10 days rest
Miley - coming off of 9 days rest
Gutierrez - coming off of 9 days rest

Josh Hader has two losses on the year . . . yesterday and today. I'm not too pissed at Hader for hitting Suarez. I was expecting something after Suarez just stood there and watched the HR yesterday and the chest thumping after hitting home plate. He didn't drill him, I think he just went high and tight to send a message and Suarez moved into the pitch as he was prepping to swing. If he was really trying to hit him, he would have gone for the body. No harm, no foul. He wound up scoring the winning run, anyway.

I hate these 4 days every year. Great for the two All-Stars but boring for 4 days of no Reds baseball.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote