Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS SEPTEMBER GAME THREAD
Welcome back, Brad Brach! The Reds gave up 2 hits over 9 innings but you managed to give up 2 in only 6 pitches. Memo to Dumb Bell. He has earned his 6.30 ERA.

The Reds are in a tailspin. Will they pull out of it or will they crash into the ground? Seriously missing Winker.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Playoff teams do not drop 5 series in a row. I’ve thought they’ll make it in for quite a while now, but I’m not so sure at this point.

Oh well. At least India and Votto have been fun to watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Reds have scored 24 runs in their last 12 losses. You don't hit, you don't win.
Reply/Quote
The Brad Brach experience should have ended long ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 12:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Playoff teams do not drop 5 series in a row. I’ve thought they’ll make it in for quite a while now, but I’m not so sure at this point.

Just wait. There has to be that lull before the big push. 

It's coming. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Huge weekend for the WC race. Start a 3 game series with the Cards while SD plays the Dodgers.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Huge win to start the series. Phillies lost and SD/LAD tied 0-0 in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 12:02 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Huge win to start the series. Phillies lost and SD/LAD tied 0-0 in the 3rd.

Dodgers up 3-0 in the 7th now.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Big W with big moments by Barrero. Future MIF looking good
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 01:32 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Big W with big moments by Barrero.  Future MIF looking good

Padres are playing Dodgers and then Giants, so if Reds can win, there is a good chance Padres will slip back.  Cardinals also in The Hunt, so Reds need to beat Cardinals. Reds announcers say Reds have already won Cardinals series this year, but Reds announcers should know that means nothing right now.  Reds need to win this Cardinals series and try to get back in last Wild Card spot.  Phillies are also in this thing, but Beat Cardinals and Pirates and hope Dodgers and Giants beat Padres should be Reds Focus. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Padres have a brutal schedule. And to make it worse, they only have 6 home games left. A large majority of their games left are road games.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 01:32 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Big W with big moments by Barrero.  Future MIF looking good

I'd start him at short and Farmer at 3rd when he returns.  Suarez and Moose are not helping the offense much at all.  It's time to get the best lineup out there.  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 12:57 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd start him at short and Farmer at 3rd when he returns.  Suarez and Moose are not helping the offense much at all.  It's time to get the best lineup out there.  

I see what you are saying but if they do make the playoffs, like it or not, you're going to need Moose and Suarez to be as sharp as possible.

Big hit by Barerro. It was a nice little tease to see him last year but he was massively overwhelmed by the big jump in pitching that he was facing. He looks so much more comfortable at the plate with a considerably improved knowledge of the strike zone. Much less chasing of pitches. And it's a good thing that he made an error that didn't contribute to a run or a loss. Instead of a tremendous weight on his shoulders, it gives him more of a wake up call that can be quickly forgotten when followed by a big hit that puts the team back into the lead.

Confidence is big at this level.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Well that was a disaster. Hope Naquin is ok.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 12:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Playoff teams do not drop 5 series in a row. I’ve thought they’ll make it in for quite a while now, but I’m not so sure at this point.

Make it 6

Stick a fork in em they're done.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Make it 6

Exact opposite of last year when they got hot at the end.

Reply/Quote
At least the Padres lost.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 09:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Make it 6

Right now we still have the last playoff spot and an easy schedule.

I agree we don't look like a playoff teams, but we are still better than the competition.  ESPN still has our odds of making the playoffs at 43%.  That is much better than the Padres (27%) or the Cards (19%).  We have gone 4-6 over our last 10 games while the Pads are 3-7 and the Cards 5-5.  So no other team is really hot either.
Reply/Quote
How the hell do you give up 3 runs in the first inning to the damn pirates???
Reply/Quote
Losing 6-0 to the lowly pirates. Pathetic.
Reply/Quote