Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS SEPTEMBER GAME THREAD
Nice of you to show up offense. 4 run 6th making it 6-4.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right now we still have the last playoff spot and an easy schedule.

I agree we don't look like a playoff teams, but we are still better than the competition.  ESPN still has our odds of making the playoffs at 43%.  That is much better than the Padres (27%) or the Cards (19%).  We have gone 4-6 over our last 10 games while the Pads are 3-7 and the Cards 5-5.  So no other team is really hot either.

Lets not sugar coat it Fred

Over their last 18 games they're 6-12 and have lost SIX series in a row including losing series to the Marlins, Cubs, and Tigers none of which are good ball clubs. They've scored 2 runs or less in 9 of those 18 games. Coming into tonight's game their team batting average is .200 over the last dozen games or so.

And they're in real danger of losing tonight vs friggin Pirates. 

Are they still in it ? sure Are they scaring any teams that will be in playoffs ?  Hilarious

6-13
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is getting truly pathetic now.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 10:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is getting truly pathetic now.

yep
Reply/Quote
Slowly, steadily playing themselves out of the picture.
Reply/Quote
Well its football season..... Which means reds season is over
Reply/Quote
I realize this is a frustrating stretch. But we are not losing due to injuries. This is the same team that was on fire a month ago. They could easily still make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
This team isn’t the same without Winker. So painfully obvious.
Reply/Quote
Lost series to one of the worst teams in baseball making it 7 lost series in a row.

///the end
Reply/Quote
Well some great news today. Jesse Winker is back and in the lineup tonight!!!
Reply/Quote
seems like a potential 4 way battle for that last spot... with the reds being in 3rd place at the moment by way of more losses but same # of wins

Cardinals
Padres
Reds
Philly

How many games left?
Reply/Quote
Big win tonight!!! Have to hope we didn't lose Winker again.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to get trashed for "accepting mediocrity" but I am very happy that the Reds are playing meaningful games this late in the season. This is what being a fan is supposed to be about. For too many years this late in the season all I looked at was the stats of our best players to see how they would finish.
Reply/Quote
And Winker back on the 10 day IL along with Shogo.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/09/reds-place-jesse-winker-shogo-akiyama-on-10-day-injured-list.html#comments
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 03:18 PM)cinci4life Wrote: And Winker back on the 10 day IL along with Shogo.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/09/reds-place-jesse-winker-shogo-akiyama-on-10-day-injured-list.html#comments

Well that sucks.
Reply/Quote
You just knew that long delay to start the bottom of the 4th was going to screw up Sonny Gray when he came back out for the 5th. Pitching a near flawless game to that point and then gives up 3 runs in the 5th. Don't see any way they comeback in this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 04:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: You just knew that long delay to start the bottom of the 4th was going to screw up Sonny Gray when he came back out for the 5th. Pitching a near flawless game to that point and then gives up 3 runs in the 5th. Don't see any way they comeback in this game.

What happened? I just got back from Oktoberfest, and only caught a bit on the radio. They were going on about wet socks or something…

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 05:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What happened? I just got back from Oktoberfest, and only caught a bit on the radio. They were going on about wet socks or something…

Well before the top of the 4th the home plate ump talked to the Reds trainer because he was feeling a little light headed but stayed in. He then left before the bottom of the 4th causing a good 10 minute delay because one of the other umps had to put the pads on. By the time the top of 5 came around Gray had been waiting for 25-30 minutes. 3 of the first 4 Dodgers get hits and all eventually scored. Defense didn't exactly help either but that delay clearly screwed up his momentum.
Reply/Quote
Probably safe to say this is what a one game playoff against LA would look like…

Reply/Quote
8 series lost in a row. About time to pack it up, folks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote