Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS vs Braves Play-Off Games Thread
Apparently neither team wants to win this game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 05:34 PM)Earendil Wrote: Apparently neither team wants to win this game.

That reminds me of that time I had to break up that fight of two women fighting over me.

"You take him"
"No, YOU take him"
"You were here first"
"But you two are cute together"
"Low blow, *****! It's on!"

What's the over/under on the Reds scoring a run this series?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
No excuse to put a runner on 3rd with less than 2 outs several times and not score any runs. Heartbreaking loss.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
That was a very Cincinnati sports, post season performance if i ever saw one. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 05:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was a very Cincinnati sports, post season performance if i ever saw one. 

Yep...
Reply/Quote
Base open, runner already on 3rd. Why in the hell do you not walk the MVP and create a force out at home?

Probably the same reason you pinch hit Matt Davidson for your starting Catcher or take Jesse Winker out of the game for Travis Jankowski so that Jose Garcia will be forced into an important situation instead.

My god, is David Bell just the F'ing worst. The postseason started and he went RIGHT back to what he did in the beginning of the season that DIDN'T WORK. Davidson, Jankowski, using your entire bench, taking out your good hitters, and just generally over-managing the hell out of the game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I legit think I hate Bell more then Mike Brown...
How in the **** do you leave Kyle "no hit" Farmer in all game but burn through Senzel, Winker, Shogo and Galvis...
That is just clueless management.

Even Marvin Lewis could have managed that better.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bell is a stand-up guy but a terrible manager at the MLB level. Lack of small ball killing the Reds this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
How awful is it to pitch a 12 inning shutout while striking out over 20 batters against one of the best offenses in MLB and still lose?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Comedy of base running mistakes and hitting failures.
Reply/Quote
There is another game

Maybe greatest pitching game in Reds History wasted. Not just Bauer but everyone who took the mound.

I do question that Reds were Red Hot winning 5 series in a row to climb into play-offs. So I question Reds using a line-up they have not used all season. What was wrong with the most used line-up to win 5 series in a row to finish season. As it turned out many base running mistakes were made by players not use to being on base or in game lately. Some mistakes on defense by some players out of position, that Bauer and others pitched out of.

I've seen this before. Ohio State was ranked #1 in Nation, but at home, in last game against Michigan, with Ohio State 2 touchdown favorites, Coach Cooper for no reason benched his starting quarterback, and started the 2nd string QB who had never started. Ohio State lost to Michigan, lost National Championship of 1995. A very strange coaching move. So was Reds using a line-up to start play-offs they have never used before. That it produced no runs and many mistakes is very much like 1995 Ohio State strange move.

My life's work was as a store manager, and I discovered that when store employees and store running great, perfect audits, it is not the time to shake things up and over manage. When a team in sports or business is winning, the one sure way to screw it up is to over manage. Don't go on what computer charts may say. Don't mess with a winning streak.

So Reds used a line-up they have never put on the field, and they lost game one of play-offs. They messed with the winning streak and this more than anything caused the 13 innings of no runs and bonehead base running and THE LOSS. I do Question using a line-up you have never used to start play-offs, when your line-ups that won 5 straight series are healthy, I do Question that.

There is another game. Castillo could tie up series for Gray in last game. I suggest they return to line-up most used in winning 5 straight series to get here. This is not Spring Training.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I turned the game on in the 12th as Farmer struck out swinging at that forehead high pitch. Then watched Galvis never take the bat off his shoulder striking out looking on 4 pitches and turned it off.
Reply/Quote
The good news is that our pitching match up seems much more favorable for us today. They have a rookie on the mound making his 7th career start against Castillo.

Anderson has looked good in his 6 games, but a rook is a rook and Castillo should be able to outduel him.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 09:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I turned the game on in the 12th as Farmer struck out swinging at that forehead high pitch. Then watched Galvis never take the bat off his shoulder striking out looking on 4 pitches and turned it off.

Just be glad you didn't turn the game on in the 9th where Suarez swung at the exact same pitch in the exact same location 3 times in a row. Curveball way down in the bottom left corner (or low and away from his perspective). 3 straight pitches, gone.

[Image: kzm1Vl8.png]
Reply/Quote
You wanna get three straight Reds hitters out? Put a Red in scoring position. Works every time.

And we are stuck with these bums for two or three more years. Woo Hoo! There's not a real hitter on the whole damn team.

Trevor Bauer is never gonna come back to this.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 10:08 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Just be glad you didn't turn the game on in the 9th where Suarez swung at the exact same pitch in the exact same location 3 times in a row. Curveball way down in the bottom left corner (or low and away from his perspective). 3 straight pitches, gone.

[Image: kzm1Vl8.png]

Yeah, this is not a very bright team. It starts with the manager,  or in this case, the mis-manager. I've said before, I've never seen a team in my life that watches more fastballs right down the middle and swings at more sliders or curves in the dirt than these pathetic Reds players.

If they keep the DH next year and Tucker Barnhart is still on this team and still sucking ass at the plate, maybe we can let our pitchers hit when he catches and have the DH hit for Barnhart. 
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Whiff Castellanos and Choke Moustakas, our fantastic FA haul.

Reply/Quote
Well, post-season over.

Braves with an insurmountable 1-0 lead.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 02:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Well, post-season over.

Braves with an insurmountable 1-0 lead.

Took the words right outa my mouth.

Reply/Quote
I feel sorry for the Red's starters
Reply/Quote