Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RELAX
We had brutal start to the season. we played the Jets on the 15th anniversary of Sept 11th in their building. Steelers in ther building. and the world champs at home who currently still playing like it. We get our QB play making LB on defense. A nearly healthy Pro bowl TE on offense. Broncos D is legit. we have Pats in Foxborough every other game on the schedule is winnable besides that one. This team may not be as good as last year but if we make playoffs again its all about matchups.
Reply/Quote
The Super Bowl champions who had a quarterback making his first ever road start. A seventh rounder who took all of one snap last year. Somehow the Bengals let him throw for over 300 yards and four touchdowns.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:26 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The Super Bowl champions who had a quarterback making his first ever road start.  A seventh rounder who took all of one snap last year.  Somehow the Bengals let him throw for over 300 yards and four touchdowns.

All of that after not completing a single pass over 20 yards coming into this game.  Sometimes I just scratch my head at the schemes they run.  Like playing a soft zone in the 4th quarter with a one point lead.  Or not shading a safety to help CLH on the blitz when everyone and their brother knew they were going to try to exploit that matchup.  
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:26 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The Super Bowl champions who had a quarterback making his first ever road start.  A seventh rounder who took all of one snap last year.  Somehow the Bengals let him throw for over 300 yards and four touchdowns.

Who still hasn't lost Manning was worse than this last year and they won the superbowl. That was perfect throw to Denarrius that sealed it.
Reply/Quote
or not taking the two 5 yard penalties in the 4th quarter........or not running the ball to get the 5 yards to get into FG range after the D Thomas fumble.........the list goes on and on.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:30 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Who still hasn't lost Manning was worse than this last year and they won the superbowl. That was perfect throw to Deamarrius that sealed it.

He had one touchdown pass and three interceptions coming into the game yesterday.  He was not the reason they were 2-0 coming into the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:28 AM)NKYRob Wrote: All of that after not completing a single pass over 20 yards coming into this game.  Sometimes I just scratch my head at the schemes they run.  Like playing a soft zone in the 4th quarter with a one point lead.  Or not shading a safety to help CLH on the blitz when everyone and their brother knew they were going to try to exploit that matchup.  

It was awful. Id lay the blame on Guenther but we have always loved to sit on a one score lead (in this case a f******g one point lead) since Marvin arrived. Yesterday was a nauseating flashback to the DC Chuck Bresnahan era. Not hard to figure out where the blame lies.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:31 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: He had one touchdown pass and three interceptions coming into the game yesterday.  He was not the reason they were 2-0 coming into the game.

We made it easy on him yesterday. Granted the kid made a few great throws but our defense dropped two or three easy picks and the overall defensive game plan was utter horse s***
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 12:31 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: We made it easy on him yesterday. Granted the kid made a few great throws but our defense dropped two or three easy picks and the overall defensive game plan was utter horse s***

I agree.  My point is that he looked way better than he actually is.
Reply/Quote
I haven't hit the panic button yet and deemed the season a loss, but to say that I'm not concerned would be lying. Dalton is getting hurried and hit too much so far, and the defense looks average at best. Dunlap want's to set the single season sack record and just got his first sack yesterday?!! Ninja Their success over the last few seasons has been predicated on them starting fast and this year they have looked average. I'm hoping to see a change this week with Burfict and possibly Eifert returning, but I'd be shocked if those two players are the reason we have a shot at the Super Bowl this year. Their impact can be huge, but I think there are areas of concern that need to be addressed pronto if we want to contend this year.

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
I hate make excuses when the team loses, but yesterday's loss comes down to two things in my opinion.

1. Terrible defensive plan by Guenther - The closer Denver got to the red zone the more cushion that was given to sanders/thomas. It allowed them to pick up 6-7 yards per catch on quick throws. Then on Thomas' touchdown they blitzed (without safety help) on third down when Lewis-Harris was covering Thomas. Terrible.

2. I hate to blame the refs but Adam Jones was down. It wasn't a fumble. That was the biggest turning point of the game in my opinion.

I wont panic yet though. One can argue that the Bengals have had the toughest schedule through three games. It seems like nothing has gone right and yet they have been competitive in each game. With a new offensive coordinator, two new skill players (Lafell/Boyd) and no Tyler Eifert this offense can and will only get better.

If they lose to Miami on Thursday night then, yeah, it's time to start worrying.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:23 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We had brutal start to the season. we played the Jets on the 15th anniversary of Sept 11th in their building.  Steelers in ther building. and the world champs at home who currently still playing like it. We get our QB play making LB on defense. A nearly healthy Pro bowl TE on offense. Broncos D is legit. we have Pats in Foxborough every other game on the schedule is winnable besides that one. This team may not be as good as last year but if we make playoffs again its all about matchups.

I don't know why, but when someone tells me to relax, I get the urge to give them an MMA style beatdown.  And I'm a Grandma.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:50 PM)MentalRage Wrote: I hate make excuses when the team loses, but yesterday's loss comes down to two things in my opinion.

1. Terrible defensive plan by Guenther - The closer Denver got to the red zone the more cushion that was given to sanders/thomas. It allowed them to pick up 6-7 yards per catch on quick throws.  Then on Thomas' touchdown they blitzed (without safety help) on third down when Lewis-Harris was covering Thomas. Terrible.

2. I hate to blame the refs but Adam Jones was down. It wasn't a fumble. That was the biggest turning point of the game in my opinion.

I wont panic yet though. One can argue that the Bengals have had the toughest schedule through three games. It seems like nothing has gone right and yet they have been competitive in each game. With a new offensive coordinator, two new skill players (Lafell/Boyd) and no Tyler Eifert this offense can and will only get better.

If they lose to Miami on Thursday night then, yeah, it's time to start worrying.

DEFENSE wins games and the Bengals don't have one worth a damn so far.
Reply/Quote
Relax was after the Pitt loss. Good teams don't lose back to back though.

A great coach said 1 loss is fine, but losing back to back defines the character of your team. Not sure this team is mentally tough or confident.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:28 AM)NKYRob Wrote: All of that after not completing a single pass over 20 yards coming into this game.  Sometimes I just scratch my head at the schemes they run.  Like playing a soft zone in the 4th quarter with a one point lead.  Or not shading a safety to help CLH on the blitz when everyone and their brother knew they were going to try to exploit that matchup.  

This was the most maddening thing about yesterday.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Oh, I'm already relaxed and looking forward to a top ten draft pick this next spring.  Just settling into the season with a bottle of single malt Glenfidditch scotch to ease the pain.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 11:23 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We had brutal start to the season. we played the Jets on the 15th anniversary of Sept 11th in their building.  Steelers in ther building. and the world champs at home who currently still playing like it. We get our QB play making LB on defense. A nearly healthy Pro bowl TE on offense. Broncos D is legit. we have Pats in Foxborough every other game on the schedule is winnable besides that one. This team may not be as good as last year but if we make playoffs again its all about matchups.

Shows right there that not even you believe this is a championship caliber team. Just saying.

This team has plenty of excuses and not enough fire, starting with the owner going down to the HC, other coaches and the players.

The Vikings have far better excuses to fail, but simply haven't.

If this owner and HC aren't in it for a championship then they'll never be anymore than "also-rans" and that's why Marv is 0-7.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Relax was after the Pitt loss. Good teams don't lose back to back though.

A great coach said 1 loss is fine, but losing back to back defines the character of your team. Not sure this team is mentally tough or confident.

Wait what? Good teams lose back to back games all the time what are you talking about?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 02:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Oh, I'm already relaxed and looking forward to a top ten draft pick this next spring.  Just settling into the season with a bottle of single malt Glenfidditch scotch to ease the pain.

[Image: 399145db166cd18d25ebddf52e0f40f6.jpg]

Especially being a Bengals fan  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 01:55 PM)jj22 Wrote:  

A great coach said 1 loss is fine, but losing back to back defines the character of your team. 

No he didn't.  You just made this up.

Last year the Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, and the Broncos all lost back-to-back games TWICE.  Steelers and Vikings also lost back-to-back games.  
Reply/Quote