Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RG III
(08-03-2018, 06:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Jackson and Griffin, they have a pair with similar skill sets to back up the other.  They would be wise to keep both, and push Flacco down the road.

That means they are going to have to keep all 3 on the 53 man roster though. Unless they get rid of Flacco before the regular season even starts which would be very unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Me neither, is there any substance to this?

He looked very good both passing and running last Preseason. Way better than AJM even passing.

Thought so as well 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If what you guys are saying about Driskel is true and he is missing throws we better bring in someone.

Guess Barkley has looked bad too.

All for RG3 if we cannot get Teddy Bridgewater in a trade.

Would love to see Teddy in Bengal stripes but doubt we will give what they will ask. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
RGIII did look solid last night and he was very accurate in college.

But do recall that Gruden had a huge problem with his mechanics or something immediately after being hired and started pushing for Cousin's his backup to start.

Do not remember exactly what he disliked about RGIII, but seems it was a major flaw in Gruden's opinion.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My thinking is the backup will only be as good as the rest of the team around him unless they're able to catch lightning in a bottle and find a backup who can carry the entire team on his back .  Sure, every team wants to catch lighting in the bottle, but I'm not sure it's such a great idea to think its going to happen every season. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 06:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With Jackson and Griffin, they have a pair with similar skill sets to back up the other.  They would be wise to keep both, and push Flacco down the road.

If I were their GM thats exactly what I would do.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 07:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If I were their GM thats exactly what I would do.

So you would start the season with Griffin as your starter?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 01:43 AM)Sweetness Wrote: So you would start the season with Griffin as your starter?

I would let Flacco walk and let RG and LJ battle it out..... I see more upside and raw talent in both of them ahead of Flacco. But I'm probably not working in football for a reason lol....
Reply/Quote
"After throwing a ground ball on his first attempt, Driskel hit 8 of 11 passes for an estimated 102 yards, along with throwing an interception."

From the home page.

https://www.bengals.com/news/camp-report-mock-game-reunites-bengals-with-long-balls-and-picks
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote