Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Bengals 2016 season
(08-16-2016, 04:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You realize they are desperately trying to sell season tickets still, right?

Marvin didn't expect Rich Braham to miss more than 3 weeks with a bruised shin. Who knew that in Marvin Land that a bruise really means broken into a million pieces!

Remember when Eifert was going to be fine a few weeks after the pro bowl? And then might miss some of camp? And now some of the season?

I like that the Bengals are savvy enough to not expose their info for public consumption. Believing them on injuries would be like shaking their hand while they piss down your leg. I'm fine knowing that's the case.... I'm just not going to shake with them on it.

Actually, there are very few season tickets remaining and the ones remaining are 1 seat season tickets in the lower level and the middle level. The expensive club seats are available and are available every year it seems due to cost. So, no I don't think they are trying to sell 2016 season tickets right desperately, they stopped that after they started offering the  5 seat and 2 seat packages.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Last time I checked, the Bengals wont be the only team dealing with injuries and suspensions..Its times like this that I'm glad for Duke Tobin and Marvin Lewis..This team has depth..Quality depth..Lets see how the boys come out before "dooming" the damned season.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 04:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Actually, there are very few season tickets remaining and the ones remaining are 1 seat season tickets in the lower level and the middle level. The expensive club seats are available and are available every year it seems due to cost. So, no I don't think they are trying to sell 2016 season tickets right desperately, they stopped that after they started offering the  5 seat and 2 seat packages.

I don't know how many calls you get a week from the season ticket office, but I get at least 3 with an email or two of available sections/seats.

They would sell every seat as a season ticket if people would buy them. So, you must realize that they wouldn't have seat packs, game packs, and single games available if they were that backed up with season ticket holders. What you're imagining doesn't make sense. The only thing that limits the number of season tickets available are the number of seats in the whole freaking stadium.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We can't go a day without losing a guy for a significant amount of time.

Anyone else feel like its going to be one of those years?

No.  For crying out loud.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 05:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I don't know how many calls you get a week from the season ticket office, but I get at least 3 with an email or two of available sections/seats.

They would sell every seat as a season ticket if people would buy them. So, you must realize that they wouldn't have seat packs, game packs, and single games available if they were that backed up with season ticket holders. What you're imagining doesn't make sense. The only thing that limits the number of season tickets available are the number of seats in the whole freaking stadium.

Injury reports have zero to do with ticket sales.
Reply/Quote
Well if the season's already over, then I'm not even going to bother and watch. Rolleyes
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I said we could very well have a similar season that the Ravens had last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 04:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You realize they are desperately trying to sell season tickets still, right?

Marvin didn't expect Rich Braham to miss more than 3 weeks with a bruised shin. Who knew that in Marvin Land that a bruise really means broken into a million pieces!

Remember when Eifert was going to be fine a few weeks after the pro bowl? And then might miss some of camp? And now some of the season?

I like that the Bengals are savvy enough to not expose their info for public consumption. Believing them on injuries would be like shaking their hand while they piss down your leg. I'm fine knowing that's the case.... I'm just not going to shake with them on it.

In no way did I say you have to believe everything they say about injured players.  I do enjoy how everybody points out all of the bad experiences the players have had with injuries but completely ignore all of the ones that played out as planned and/or ahead of schedule.  The point I was trying to make is that there is no reason to freak out right now.  

And ticket sales are an entirely different issue.  If you had Green or Dalton hurt I suppose you could make the argument, but I just don't see it here.  
Reply/Quote
Not to worry..the moon is going to crash into the earth and wipe Pittsburgh off the map sparing all of the Cincinnati metropolitan area..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Not folding my cards just yet.

But these injuries are getting tiresome.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 01:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Anyone else feel like its going to be one of those years?

[Image: th?id=OIP.M37ec9d5fdc2ae1a4bb8767ec39d17...=249&h=162] "You damn right I gotta feeling!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
WJIII wasn't going to see much playing time. We all knew that.

Billings would have seen some rotation, but we have DT depth.

LaFell is a loss, but think Boyd can step up.

Ogubehi means more Fisher. And I personally prefer Fisher at RT than Ogubehi. But that's just me. Plus we also have Winston.

And Eifert isn't gone for the season. We haven't even had him healthy for a full year. We've won games without him.

It's not the end of the world. We lost some depth in some spots, but I'm not too worried.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
A team riddled with injuries often does not make it to the playoffs. Look at the Cowboys last year. They were still in contention late in the season. Would have probably made the playoffs if they were healthy. I hope the Bengals can stay healthy because it does make a difference. What if Dalton didn't get hurt? He would have started the playoff game. Lets just hope the injuries are minor and the Bengals starters are on the field most of the season.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Injury reports have zero to do with ticket sales.

So, if AJ, Atkins, and Hill suddenly start showing up on injury reports that say they'll miss the first half of the year, it won't have any impact on ticket sales?

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 05:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Injury reports have zero to do with ticket sales.

(08-16-2016, 10:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So, if AJ, Atkins, and Hill suddenly start showing up on injury reports that say they'll miss the first half of the year, it won't have any impact on ticket sales?

Rolleyes

Don't get me wrong, we do have some depth, but even I started to worry when all of these injuries started piling up.  

Our offensive line depth is now non-existent.  One or two injuries, and we could be screwed, and who wants to spend money now when things could go south quickly.  

We can't really afford any injuries at cornerback or defensive end.  

People aren't going to spend money on tickets if the injury report starts showing that we can't put a good team on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 08:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.M37ec9d5fdc2ae1a4bb8767ec39d17...=249&h=162] "You damn right I gotta feeling!"

Oh great. Now that song's stuck in my head. Btw, I've always thought Will I. Am looks like Mike Tomlin.

So now I'm really in a bad mood. Plus our season is apparently down the crapper. What a thread. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 10:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Oh great. Now that song's stuck in my head. Btw, I've always thought Will I. Am looks like Mike Tomlin.

So now I'm really in a bad mood. Plus our season is apparently down the crapper. What a thread. Ninja

That or Omar Eppes...  [Image: th?id=OIP.Mffcfa1a8da72daa6e439cc1e4097a...=300&h=300] 

Yeah that damn song.  You're welcome.  Muh ha ha !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 02:37 PM)pally Wrote: Hey maybe we will actually be better facing some adversity early in the season.  The last 2 years all our injury issues came late in the season where we couldn't recover from them.  Lets face the injury bugs early for a change and get them over with

Agree with this.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2016, 10:25 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: A team riddled with injuries often does not make it to the playoffs. Look at the Cowboys last year. They were still in contention late in the season. Would have probably made the playoffs if they were healthy. I hope the Bengals can stay healthy because it does make a difference. What if Dalton didn't get hurt? He would have started the playoff game. Lets just hope the injuries are minor and the Bengals starters are on the field most of the season.

The injuries the Cowboys had would be equivalent to losing Dalton and AJ Green for darn near the entire season.

We lost WJ3 and Billings. No one else looks like they'll miss more than a couple games, and none of those players are as important as Romo or Dez Bryant. The Cowboys also had bad situations at backup QB and RB.

And again, our team dealt with far worse injuries in 2014 and still had a fine season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
All they have to do is survive the first three games. Then Burfict will be back, Eifert  and Kroft should be back, LaFell will be back (if he's even out for any time). No worries...
Reply/Quote