Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Betty White
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/betty-white-golden-girls-hot-192414868.html

Passed away 18 days shy of her 100th Birthday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So sad to hear this. RIP Betty White.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
St. Olaf's lost an angel.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Oh my, rest easy Betty. You were one of a kind.
Reply/Quote
RIP, a great entertainer for a long time.
Reply/Quote
What an extraordinary and funny actress. There wasn't a role she couldn't play. She will be missed.

Reply/Quote
Funny lady. I spent my formative years watching her trade barbs with the gang on the Mary Tyler Moore Show. Loved Sue Ann Nivens and loved Betty White.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Betty White was a comedic genius. My favorite character she played on Mary Tyler Moore was Sue Ann Nivens, “The Happy Homemaker.” Her crush on Lou Grant was so uncomfortable yet funny.
Reply/Quote
She was one of a kind, and was as sweet and kind as she was funny and edgy. 

For me, she's right there with Lucille Ball and Carol Burnette on the Mt Rushmore of all-time female comedy elites. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: She was one of a kind, and was as sweet and kind as she was funny and edgy. 

For me, she's right there with Lucille Ball and Carol Burnette on the Mt Rushmore of all-time female comedy elites. 

Cool way of thinking about it. So that's three female comedians. Who is number four?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Cool way of thinking about it. So that's three female comedians. Who is number four?

My personal choice would be Lily Tomlin, but I could easily see Mary Tyler Moore as well...maybe even Gracie Allen or Phyllis Diller, as they were both sort of groundbreakers. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: My personal choice would be Lily Tomlin, but I could easily see Mary Tyler Moore as well...maybe even Gracie Allen or Phyllis Diller, as they were both sort of groundbreakers. 

My brain is slow this morning, I think I'd have to go with Mary Tyler Moore. Anyhow, I know this is a tangent discussion but it speaks to the legacy of Betty White as a wonderful comedian.

Edit: Oops, it's afternoon.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: My brain is slow this morning, I think I'd have to go with Mary Tyler Moore. Anyhow, I know this is a tangent discussion but it speaks to the legacy of Betty White as a wonderful comedian.

Edit: Oops, it's afternoon.

Yeah...Lucy, Carol, Betty and Mary...that's one helluva comedy Mt Rushmore. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: My personal choice would be Lily Tomlin, but I could easily see Mary Tyler Moore as well...maybe even Gracie Allen or Phyllis Diller, as they were both sort of groundbreakers. 

Joan Rivers

[Image: rivers-joan-adv-obit-slide-C15L-superJumbo.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't always buy into the "Greatest Generation" claims, but you have to admit that people born in Betty Whites generation saw more huge changes than almost any other generation. In 1930 television had not even been invented and less than half of the homes in the United Sates even had a radio. There were only 23 million passenger cars registered in a US population of 122 million.

It is really mind-blowing when you think about people who lived in that type of world still being alive today. It seems like two completely different worlds.
Reply/Quote
RIP Betty White
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote