Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Bob Saget
Apparently he was found dead in his hotel room today at age 65.

RIP Mr. Tanner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Apparently he was found dead in his hotel room today at age 65.

RIP Mr. Tanner.

Holy shit. Met him many times. Great guy. Incredible comic mind. He’ll be missed
Reply/Quote
RIP Bob.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Not long after his good friend, Norm. I saw him at the Brea Improv (it might have been the Irvine one) and had no idea how filthy a standup he was, completely contrary to his public Full House and AFHV image. Sad to hear it, he came across as a legitimately good person, a definite rarity in the entertainment industry.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 11:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not long after his good friend, Norm.  I saw him at the Brea Improv (it might have been the Irvine one) and had no idea how filthy a standup he was, completely contrary to his public Full House and AFHV image.  Sad to hear it, he came across as a legitimately good person, a definite rarity in the entertainment industry.

My first exposure to him was on one of the Rodney Dangerfield Young Comedian specials on HBO in the 80s, well before Full House.  He was pretty nasty on it.  Years later an he is super famous from those shows and people would swear that he was just as clean and wholesome as he was on the shows.  I could never get people to believe me.  Then sometime in the last 10 years or so he decided to do some standup again and people finally got to see what I had been saying.  Funny as all hell, but definitely not Mr. Clean like everyone thought.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 11:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: My first exposure to him was on one of the Rodney Dangerfield Young Comedian specials on HBO in the 80s, well before Full House.  He was pretty nasty on it.  Years later an he is super famous from those shows and people would swear that he was just as clean and wholesome as he was on the shows.  I could never get people to believe me.  Then sometime in the last 10 years or so he decided to do some standup again and people finally got to see what I had been saying.  Funny as all hell, but definitely not Mr. Clean like everyone thought.

I use to watch all of those, I'm 47, and I guess I just missed that one.  The running, unintentional, joke was that most of the "young comedians" were actually in their thirties.  I'll reiterate my earlier point, because it shouldn't be missed, that, by all accounts, Saget was a genuinely good person, which I can guarantee you is not the norm (no pun) in the entertainment industry.  If you haven't seen his episode of Norm MacDonald Live please watch it ASAP.

Best I can do is the audio only version for now.

https://www.mixcloud.com/normmacdonaldlive/ep-18-bob-saget-norm-macdonald-live/
Reply/Quote
Definitely a shocking loss. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'll miss Sidney Poitier and even Betty White more, but they were both in their 90s..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
65 feels too young, RIP and condolences to his family.
Reply/Quote
Damn too young, what happened.
Reply/Quote
Rest easy Bob
Reply/Quote
RIP

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If you want your ears to bleed, check out his take on the aristocrats joke. :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
RIP, gone way to soon.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote