What did he say exactly?
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
He's already off the air, middle of the game. Said his goodbyes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yeah he's pretty much done. Just plain stupid to say that at all.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
I hate apologies that include the phrase "its not who I am". Seriously dude, it is exactly who you are or you wouldn't have said it in the first place. You said it so casually that it is obvious that you have used that word often

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(08-19-2020, 10:50 PM)pally Wrote: I hate apologies that include the phrase "its not who I am". Seriously dude, it is exactly who you are or you wouldn't have said it in the first place. You said it so casually that it is obvious that you have used that word often

“Prides himself on being a man of faith” was pretty weak, too. I guess that gives the right to be an asshole...

I heard it. He said that (Kansas City) is the *** capital of the world. I am not gay, but his career is over IMO. You shouldn't say anything like that with a mic on.
Who Dey!  Tiger
(08-19-2020, 11:02 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I heard it. He said that (Kansas City) is the *** capital of the world. I am not gay, but his career is over IMO. You shouldn't say anything like that with a mic on.

You shouldn't say it anytime let alone with the mic on

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(08-19-2020, 10:18 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: What did he say exactly?

One of the *** capitals of the world...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Looks like Fox will actually have to put in effort when selecting the announce crews for our 2 games they broadcast, in the future.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
And the long standing cincy tradition of nepotism bites the genetically similar hand that feeds it yet again.

I look forward to ridiculing him the next time I see him in public.

Trash. Pure trash.
Remember when Jimmy the Greek got fired for something similar? Thom will be blackballed in the industry now. We've all probably said something we wish we could take back. However, there are consequences.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reds released a statement saying he was suspended immediately and they would address the brodcasting team in the coming days.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29699199/reds-broadcaster-thom-brennaman-uses-anti-gay-slur-air
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
I heard what he said and I really don't care. People say that word all the time. He made the mistake of apologizing and that is the death nail to SJWs.

They will want his head on a pike
I truly hate humanity at this moment.

The man made a mistake and he owned it. Yet, there is a group of mouth breathing idiots that want his life to be ruined over it. Willing to bet anyone calling for him to be fired or wanting to come down on him for it would never survive their own life being put on a hot mic or under a microscope.

Should he be suspended, yes, but it should in no way impact his career long term.

Where is Cthulhu when you need him.... because clearly humanity has reached the point of it's usefulness.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

that was one of the worst home run calls of all time
Who Dey!!!

(08-20-2020, 05:00 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote:  Willing to bet anyone calling for him to be fired or wanting to come down on him for it would never survive their own life being put on a hot mic or under a microscope.

This is ridiculous.  There are millions of people who don't use racial or homophobic slurs.

It is only the people who hang out with mouth breathing idiots who don 't realize this.

(08-20-2020, 04:05 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I heard what he said and I really don't care.  People say that word all the time.  

A large majority of the population does not say that word all the time. 
What made it worse is he felt the need to talk about Moustakis HR in the middle of his apology also the fact that the LBTQ community came last up in his apology. I'm roughly same age as Eminem and that word was common place for my generation. That excuse doesn't apply to Thom he was generation before me. If Michael Richards can be forgiven so should Thom though.
(08-20-2020, 08:34 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: What made it worse is he felt the need to talk about Moustakis HR in the middle of his apology also the fact that the LBTQ community came last up in his apology. I'm roughly same age as Eminem and that word was common place for my generation. That excuse doesn't apply to Thom he was generation before me. If Michael Richards can be forgiven so should Thom though.

What Michael Richards did was also stupid, but he was responding to a heckler (albeit in a poor way). Thom Brenneman is clearly just a hateful asshole.

(08-20-2020, 05:00 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I truly hate humanity at this moment.

The man made a mistake and he owned it. Yet, there is a group of mouth breathing idiots that want his life to be ruined over it. Willing to bet anyone calling for him to be fired or wanting to come down on him for it would never survive their own life being put on a hot mic or under a microscope.

Should he be suspended, yes, but it should in no way impact his career long term.

Where is Cthulhu when you need him.... because clearly humanity has reached the point of it's usefulness.

No one wants to ruin his life. They just want him to see the consequences of his actions.