Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Chuck Berry
Chuck Berry gone at 90.  There would be no rock and roll without him.  Never had a tour bus or an entourage.

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band played backup for Chuck in their early days.

Hail, hail rock and roll!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The epitome of rock & roll guitar and a true showman.

A true music icon has passed.

May he rest in peace.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I first "discovered" Chuck Berry in 1997 or so. I was coming up on 23 years old, and was growing tired of my first musical love.... Punk rock. I heard those 40 year old raw ass guitar riffs, and I was hooked.

Countless great songs... Memphis, Nadine, Come On, Havana Moon, Tulane, Brown Eyed Handsome Man, Reelin' and Rockin', Promised Land...

RIP Chuck
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
A major inspiration to Paul McCartney and John Lennon.

RIP Chuck!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't be no Rolling Stones if it wasn't for Chuck Berry!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I've been playing Johnny B. Goode for years. People still love it to this day! Ninety is a pretty long run for a musician.

Bless him for his immense contribution to Rock & Roll history. Sadly, another legend & great is gone.
Reply/Quote