Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoulder Surgery..
You look in superb shape, Sunset! All the best on your speedy recovery Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Update, had my 1st PT session today. I'm a little sore, as I anticipated that I would be. The good news is that my range of motion is looking really good, for someone just 11 days post-op.

I have effectively gotten off of the opioid pain meds. Last dose was midnight, last Thursday. I kicked the sling to the curb on Saturday, as I had noticed that keeping everything in the same position for extended periods of time was making it stiffen up. I do still wear the sling when I sleep, for protection, as I am a rather active sleeper.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The strongest recover quickest!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 09:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The strongest recover quickest!

Strange that you say that.  When I went to PT last Friday, I told the guy that I needed some new stuff, as I was no longer getting any positive benefits from what they were having me to do.  Tom, the head of PT came over, tested me, raised his eyebrows and said "You are weeks ahead of schedule, in terms of your range of motion.".  He gave me new, more challenging therapeutic movements to do, and said that my surgeon will be very pleased when he sees me again.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Strange that you say that.  When I went to PT last Friday, I told the guy that I needed some new stuff, as I was no longer getting any positive benefits from what they were having me to do.  Tom, the head of PT came over, tested me, raised his eyebrows and said "You are weeks ahead of schedule, in terms of your range of motion.".  He gave me new, more challenging therapeutic movements to do, and said that my surgeon will be very pleased when he sees me again.

Glad things are progressing well ! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I usually don't visit this area of the board as much so I must've missed it. Glad to hear your surgery was a success Sunset!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 06:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tom, the head of PT came over, tested me, raised his eyebrows and said "You are weeks ahead of schedule, in terms of your range of motion."

Score one for the therapeutic effects of constant self pleasuring!
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to let folks know that I am near full recovery.

[video=facebook]https://www.facebook.com/chris.kauffman.731/videos/10210618722817424/[/video]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 06:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just wanted to let folks know that I am near full recovery.

[video=facebook]https://www.facebook.com/chris.kauffman.731/videos/10210618722817424/[/video]

Your enemies will soon be devastated ( if you have any ).

Great news indeed :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 07:48 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Your enemies will soon be devastated ( if you have any ).

Great news indeed :andy:

Thanks, that vid was from a few weeks back.  My advice to anyone that has to undergo any sort of orthopedic surgical procedure, take the rehab seriously.  Treat it like it's your job.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote