Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Colin Powell
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/politics/colin-powell-dies/index.html

He was a trailblazer and a barrier breaker for Black Americans in both the military and federal government. While Iraq will always hang heavy over his legacy, his previous stance on limiting intervention unless absolutely necessary and his devotion to country over party is something that we should continue to value about him and uphold for decades to come.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely... would have made a good president.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:42 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Absolutely... would have made a good president.

I agree. He was a solid dude.

Reply/Quote
Well respected man. No matter which side of the aisle you're on, we have to agree Powell deserves respect.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Very good person.

Willing to admit his flaws and mistakes too.

It's a shame his death has been politicized into a talking point but I expect nothing less these days.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
One of the few politicians respected by both Dems and establishment Repubs.

Was against the Iraq war but did his duty in representing the US.

Terrible judgment accepting bad intel, but even after that I still thought his judgment far better and
more stable than most any politician I could think of over the last 20 years. He learned from his errors,
saw where his party was going a head of most leaders in it.

I admired his character.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 03:08 PM)Dill Wrote: One of the few politicians respected by both Dems and establishment Repubs.

Was against the Iraq war but did his duty in representing the US.

Terrible judgment accepting bad intel, but even after that I still thought his judgment far better and
more stable than most any politician I could think of over the last 20 years. He learned from his errors,
saw where his party was going a head of most leaders in it.

I admired his character.

Crazy that the qualifier is now needed. Unthinkable 6 years ago. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
War criminal and architect of a war that killed hundreds of thousands of human beings.

At least he was polite.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:12 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: War criminal and architect of a war that killed hundreds of thousands of human beings.

At least he was polite.

Kind of my thoughts on the matter, too.

Sans the polite part. Etiquette doesn't earn you brownie points after a colossal **** up in my book.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 10:11 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Kind of my thoughts on the matter, too.

Sans the polite part. Etiquette doesn't earn you brownie points after a colossal **** up in my book.

The polite part was tongue in cheek. A lot of people that I’ve seen comment on it today have acted like that was some sort of saving grace for him. It’s just the best words I could give for the guy
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:12 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: War criminal and architect of a war that killed hundreds of thousands of human beings.

At least he was polite.

Why "war criminal" and "architect"?  And are you referring to a specific war or all of them from Vietnam to Iraq? 

Just curious.  
Reply/Quote