Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
RIP Fats Domino
Growing up with folks that were children of the 50's, I cut my teeth on guys like Fats, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, etc.....lost a bit of my childhood today.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/entertainment/fats-domino-obituary/index.html

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One of the baddest voices of all time. He always had that raunchy sounding sax, and that bluesy piano going in his songs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Loved his music. Still do. Listen to it now and then. He will be missed.

Reply/Quote
Fats was one of the true pioneers of rock and roll. He had a good bit of success before Elvis even recorded anything at all.

Just about a month ago I was was listening to some of his music and got curious enough to read a bit about him and recall thinking it was a bit of surprise he was still alive. Great contributor to the world of music.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, saw this and was both surprised and bummed out. I hadn't checked or anything, but I guess I just kind of assumed he had already died. (How many people named fat, fats, big, biggy, tubs, etc live to be 89?)

Been listening to some of his music throughout the day. When I was little, I always listened to oldies on the radio to go to sleep.

For anyone who doesn't know him:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Is there a word for when people you thought were dead die?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 01:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is there a word for when people you thought were dead die?

Necroaffirmation.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 02:46 PM)jason Wrote: Necroaffirmation.

I think we have a winner.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 01:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is there a word for when people you thought were dead die?

Along those lines; it never fails to shock me that not only is Jerry Lee Lewis still alive, he's still playing shows.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 12:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Growing up with folks that were children of the 50's, I cut my teeth on guys like Fats, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Chuck Berry, etc.....lost a bit of my childhood today.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/entertainment/fats-domino-obituary/index.html

Same here friend. I hated hearing when Fats passed. He always had so much passion for his music. It didn't matter if he was playing to 10 or 10,000, he was going to give you his best.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:08 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: Same here friend. I hated hearing when Fats passed. He always had so much passion for his music. It didn't matter if he was playing to 10 or 10,000, he was going to give you his best.

.....dynamic personality, and oh so talented.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 11:52 PM)jason Wrote: Along those lines; it never fails to shock me that not only is Jerry Lee Lewis still alive, he's still playing shows.

He's on the "Willie Nelson" plan for paying back taxes....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote