Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Hal Moore
2 days shy of his 95th Birthday, so not taken too soon, but he was a hero to me; as was his CSM. I have talked with him on more than one occasion as we had a lot in common.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For those who don't know, Hal Moore was an Army officer. He led the 1st Bn, 7th Cav at the Battle of Ia Drang in 1965, the first engagement between our regular forces and the North Vietnamese Army (i.e. the first battle in the Vietnam War). His book about the battle was the basis for the movie "We were Soldiers". He was eventually promoted to Lieutenant General.

Rest in peace, Hal Moore!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
R. I. P. Mr. Moore
Reply/Quote
R.I.P. Lieutenant General Moore.

Reply/Quote
RIP

What did he think of Mel Gibson's protrayal of him in the movie. That's one of my favorite war movies of all time. That's pretty cool you got to meet and talk to Mr. Moore.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 11:50 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: RIP

What did he think of Mel Gibson's protrayal of him in the movie.  That's one of my favorite war movies of all time.  That's pretty cool you got to meet and talk to Mr. Moore.

Didn't ever talk about the movie and to be honest never talked much at all. We just had KY and Air Cav in common so, I'd mention that. CSM Plumley (Sam Elliott in the movie) was much more of a talker. The Cavalry Branch is quite small and they were the 2 icons.

I agree the movie is a great one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 12:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't ever talk about the movie and to be honest never talked much at all. We just had KY and Air Cav in common so, I'd mention that. CSM Plumley (Sam Elliott in the movie) was much more of a talker. The Cavalry Branch is quite small and they were the 2 icons.

I agree the movie is a great one.

"What are you?  The ***** weather man?"  LOL!!!!!! 

One of the greatest lines ever! 

That's still pretty cool bfine. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote