Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Jim LeClair
Former Bengal LB Jim LeClair died yesterday at the age of 69 of Alzheimers. Jim was a 5th round draft pick in 1972 an became a starter in 1975 until he retired from the NFL in 1983. He was a pro bowl player in 1976.

Thoughts and prayers from all Bengal fans are with his family, friends, and former teammates

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Replaced superstar Bill Bergey. Was a very solid starter for years.

Died way too young.
Reply/Quote
Too young RIP. Wasn't he the one that wrestled a bear?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
R.I.P.
Reply/Quote
Total class act on the field and off.
Very underated LB who was just fundamentally
Good and was really physical at that
Our current LBers should watch film on him
So they can learn how to form tackle and pursue
Rarely did you see him out of position
Reply/Quote
We had Bergey then LeClair. Excellent LB's. Those were the days...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Such a shame.

I was always a fan.

RIP
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 02:57 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: We had Bergey then LeClair. Excellent LB's. Those were the days...

Glen Cameron, Bo Harris, and Reggie Williams made quite the quartet with LeClair.  The Bengals had the number one rated defense in the league in 1983 as I recall.  I don't remember hearing about LeClair's illness.  Sad situation.
Reply/Quote
Jim LeClair was part of the 1981-82 Super Bowl team. What a player!
Reply/Quote
I honestly didn't know you could die of alzheimer's. Mellow

RIP
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sad news, gone far to young.
Reply/Quote
RIP. He lived a fruitful life, 69 is not too young.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 01:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I honestly didn't know you could die of alzheimer's. Mellow

RIP

Alzheimers is the 6th highest cause of death in the US,  At the final stage the brain simply cannot function to regulate the body

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 12:43 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Glen Cameron, Bo Harris, and Reggie Williams made quite the quartet with LeClair.  The Bengals had the number one rated defense in the league in 1983 as I recall.  I don't remember hearing about LeClair's illness.  Sad situation.

I forgot about Cameron and Harris. Imagine that, there was a time, back long long ago when we could actually draft good LB's!
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 11:01 AM)pally Wrote: Alzheimers is the 6th highest cause of death in the US,  At the final stage the brain simply cannot function to regulate the body

Fortunately, I haven't been close to anyone with alzheimer's. Seems like such a terrible way to go.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote