Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Long Haired Country Boy
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the-devil-went-down-to-georgia-country-legend-charlie-daniels-dead-at-83-174208597.html

Quote:Country Music Hall of Famer and Grand Ole Opry member Charlie Daniels, most famous for the good-vs.-evil fiddle epic “The Devil Went Down to Georgia,” died Monday morning at Summit Medical Center in Hermitage, Tenn., from a hemorrhagic stroke, according to his publicist. He was 83.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
R.I.P. Charlie.

Reply/Quote
He's now playin' that golden fiddle with the angels. RIP, Charlie Daniels.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Rest in Peace!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
RIP Charlie
The man did a lot of good things for our veterans.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who thought the Devil actually won his showdown with Johnny? I mean he came in with an accompanying band......I know he was in a bind and way behind, but seriously, he was robbed.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
RIP Charlie Daniels, one of the greats.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Am I the only one who thought the Devil actually won his showdown with Johnny?  I mean he came in with an accompanying band......I know he was in a bind and way behind, but seriously, he was robbed.

Nah, he told him once the son of a *****...
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2020, 03:08 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Am I the only one who thought the Devil actually won his showdown with Johnny?  I mean he came in with an accompanying band......I know he was in a bind and way behind, but seriously, he was robbed.

Yes you are. How could the Devil compete with such lyrics as:

Chicken in the bread pan picking out dough. 

Granny does the dog bit....no child, no

Reply/Quote
Rest easy Charlie
Reply/Quote
He was a big UT Vols fan.

One time back in the 80's he played at halftime of a UT-Alabama game. Don't remember which year, but I remember it was pouring rain and Bama was killing UT.
Reply/Quote
I did not realize that Charlie Daniels was the guy who did "Uneasy Rider". I thought that was some comic/musician like Ray Stevens.
Reply/Quote
The devil opened up his case
And he said, "I'll start this show."
And fire flew from his fingertips
As he rosined up his bow

Then he pulled the bow across the strings
And it made an evil hiss
And a band of demons joined in

Fire! He actually had fire flowing from his fingertips! It’s a disgrace that the devil lost.

On a side note.......what does rosin mean? I’m not a fiddle player or string player for that matter.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 11:03 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The devil opened up his case
As he rosined up his bow

And it made an evil hiss

Fire! He actually had fire flowing from his fingertips! It’s a disgrace that the devil lost.

On a side note.......what does rosin mean? I’m not a fiddle player or string player for that matter.

You put it on your bow every so often... About 4 to 6 playing hours. For all intents and purposes it lubes it. Too much makes it sound scratchy and harsh like the devil's...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2020, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not realize that Charlie Daniels was the guy who did "Uneasy Rider". I thought that was some comic/musician like Ray Stevens.

You tip your hat to this lady son....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 11:03 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The devil opened up his case
As he rosined up his bow

And it made an evil hiss

Fire!  He actually had fire flowing from his fingertips!  It’s a disgrace that the devil lost.

On a side note.......what does rosin mean?  I’m not a fiddle player or string player for that matter.

Even the Devil knew that he's been beat

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 07:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even the Devil knew that he's been beat

Yes, because he laid that golden fiddle on the ground at Johnnie's feet..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 12:09 PM)jason Wrote: You tip your hat to this lady son....

I actually like that song a lot more than "Devil Went Down to Georgia"
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I actually like that song a lot more than "Devil Went Down to Georgia"

Me too.... I listened to it the other day for the first time in years.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2020, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I actually like that song a lot more than "Devil Went Down to Georgia"

(07-10-2020, 12:39 PM)jason Wrote: Me too.... I listened to it the other day for the first time in years.

I'm more partial to the song that inspired the title of the thread:

Reply/Quote