Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phrases you want to see go away
When someone says "I'm so over it" and then continues to ***** about what ever they are supposed to be over for the next half hour. My wife does this at least once a week.
Reply/Quote
Meant to be... Or ..... Not meant to be.

There ain't a damn thing in life that's meant to be.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Adding an unnecessary 'S' at the end of words.

For example, "I'm on my way to WalmartSSSSSSS" or "What's the balance of my checkingSSSSSS account?" or "Get off the internetSSSSSSS".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
"Throw shade"

[Image: raw]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
"accepting mediocrity"
Reply/Quote
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger .  That one has got to go 

Great minds think alike . No..damned sheep and birds and insects think alike . Truly great minds think very uniquely and that's what makes them great.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2018, 10:30 AM)grampahol Wrote: I have a very long laundry list of people who probably ought to be taken out and beaten daily and twice every Sunday just for opening their mouths, but you know.. I'm not really that violent..

'That's totally awesome!' when referring to fairly mundane things..

"OMG" reference to, well, anything at all..

I better stay out of this thread for the most part..I'll just get myself all worked up and piss off everyone who uses the terminology that annoys me.. lol

OMG? You don’t like OMG? WTF don’t you like OMG? OMG is totally awesome. If I was forbidden from using OMG, I would be like, OMG?

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 12:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger .  That one has got to go

Great minds think alike . No..damned sheep and birds and insects think alike . Truly great minds think very uniquely and that's what makes them great.. 

Well at least a pretty smart guy said that.  I'll assume he was pretty smart.  It's not like I ever read him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
any verbal phrase with the words 'bro' or 'bruh'.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
"reach out" This is permitted only if you're one of the Four Tops (showing my age).
Reply/Quote
The most annoying ones to me seem to be the worn-out phrases I hear at work.

"Let's stick a pin in that."

"Think outside the box."

Whenever anyone uses the word "synergy."

"Let's see if we can leverage that."

Just thought of one not work-related:

"Ride or die."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
"Across the pond"-Leave the understatement to the British. They invented it. You just sound like a wannabe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The notion that things that don't kill you make you stronger is just too silly.  Suppose you're in a freak accident that cuts off both legs, both arms , your pecker and balls, but. .of course you live . Let's make it even more gruesome and your tongue and both eyes are removed as well as the hearing in both ears.. 

Gee, I bet you'd feel just grand afterwards .Hell, I'd probably buy a strip club after all that.  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Here's the phrase that needs to go away, Reds manager Brian Price. 

Reply/Quote
"It's your baby"
Reply/Quote
"treason", "impeach" and "limited air strike with no boots on the ground"
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Any statement using wheel house, mine, yours, or anybody.
Reply/Quote
"Is it in yet?"
Reply/Quote