Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Tom Petty
Dammit... Shitty day in America.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 04:57 PM)jason Wrote: Dammit... Shitty day in America.

Yes, just read this.  Sad day.  Godspeed Mr. Petty, from a fan.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yes, just read this.  Sad day.  Godspeed Mr. Petty, from a fan.

Saw him with my dad when I was 15. Still one of the best shows I've ever seen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Loved his music...

Sad hes gone.

Reply/Quote
Just a shitty day. I was kicking myself for not going to see him a few months ago here in DSM. Now I'm really kicking myself. RIP. Guess I'm Dancing with Mary Jane tonight. Free Falling, Don't Come Around Here No More.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
RIP to one of my all time favorite rockers. You'll be missed.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Somewhere somehow somebody must have kicked you around some....
Reply/Quote
Tired of losing people that were the soundtrack of my youth. Just plain sucks. Maybe somewhere he and Les Paul are having a helluva jam session.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Felt like he wrote songs specifically for me............

"You don't know how it feels, to be meeeeee," and "you can stand me up at the gates of hell, but I won't back down."

Huge feeling of sadness and emptiness when I remember listening to those songs after the wreck and thinking they were for me.
Reply/Quote
RIP Tom
Reply/Quote
Damn I loved that guy. This hurts me more than the Vegas shooting. I just suggested a couple weeks ago we should listen to a Petty song over the anthem to show our patriotism.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:18 PM)jason Wrote: Saw him with my dad when I was 15. Still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I've heard he was a good show. Just one of those I never got around to.  Like BengalHawk....had the chance this year amd didn't pull the trigger. Damn.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:25 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Just a shitty day.  I was kicking myself for not going to see him a few months ago here in DSM. Now I'm really kicking myself. RIP.  Guess I'm Dancing with Mary Jane tonight.  Free Falling, Don't Come Around Here No More.

I'll spin a little "You Got Lucky"....some Traveling Wilburys....and the Mojo album.  Good shit.  Solid work that I often took for granted....with the exception of the Wilburys work.

Reply/Quote
He's still alive and "fighting for his life" per TMZ
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I've heard he was a good show. Just one of those I never got around to.  Like BengalHawk....had the chance this year amd didn't pull the trigger. Damn.

30 years ago his show was one classic song after another. He had 30 more years of great songs since then. Did you know that he and the Heartbreakers were the backing band on the last few records that Johnny Cash made?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 07:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Felt like he wrote songs specifically for me............

"You don't know how it feels, to be meeeeee," and "you can stand me up at the gates of hell, but I won't back down."

Huge feeling of sadness and emptiness when I remember listening to those songs after the wreck and thinking they were for me.

Great songwriters do that. They have a knack for capturing universal feelings and emotions...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:50 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He's still alive and "fighting for his life" per TMZ

Just saw that on MSN, so I don't know what the truth is just yet.  Here's hoping TMZ is correct and he manages to pull through!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just saw that on MSN, so I don't know what the truth is just yet.  Here's hoping TMZ is correct and he manages to pull through!

That's crazy. When I posted this thread, I had just heard he was unresponsive. Googled it, and it said cardiac arrest. Two minutes later I went to show it to the guy I was working with, and saw that he was taken off life support, and Wikipedia said "... was an American singer/ songwriter...". Its been changed back to read as if he is still alive. I hope this is the proverbial "fake news" I've been hearing about.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He did pass away, just saw it on the news. RIP Tom, a big fan of yours will miss your music.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:52 PM)jason Wrote: 30 years ago his show was one classic song after another. He had 30 more years of great songs since then. Did you know that he and the Heartbreakers were the backing band on the last few records that Johnny Cash made?

The American recordings?  No....I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Reply/Quote