Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Tom Petty
I remember all the MTV videos growing up. Always enjoyed his music. RIP Tom.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:52 PM)jason Wrote: 30 years ago his show was one classic song after another. He had 30 more years of great songs since then. Did you know that he and the Heartbreakers were the backing band on the last few records that Johnny Cash made?

Really?  I did not know that either.  Good stuff there.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
The Righteous Brothers need to update "If There's a Rock 'n Roll Heaven" but of course Bobby Hatfield will have to be included in the song now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 09:39 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Really?  I did not know that either.  Good stuff there.

Yeah. They are may not be on the first one, or the two that have been released since he died. They are on II, III, IV though. Tom Petty even did backing vocals on I Won't Back Down, and the Kneeling Drunkard's Plea.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Also Lucky from King of the hill

Reply/Quote
Tom Petty gone? Don't do me like that.  Sad
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Also Lucky from King of the hill

Amazing that both he and Lou Ann are gone...

RIP Tom
Reply/Quote
He came through Portland about a year and a half ago. I seriously regret not going to the show.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote