Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Turk
Former Bengal QB Turk Schonert has died at age 62.

Prayers for his family and friends

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:51 PM)pally Wrote: Former Bengal QB Turk Schonert has died at age 62.

Bummer.  Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.  He was a good dude.  And he had one magical day that helped launch a SB run.

And how can you not love a guy named Turk.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:55 PM)McC Wrote:   And he had one magical day that helped launch a SB run.

Could you imagine what it would have been like that day if this forum existed back then?
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Could you imagine what it would have been like that day if this forum existed back then?

[Image: giphy.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Could you imagine what it would have been like that day if this forum existed back then?

How dare fans be fickle! Anyway, back on topic, Rest in peace Turk Schonert, a good guy and a solid backup.
Reply/Quote
Some guys just never seem to get old in my imagination. Shoney was one of them.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
He was a 9th round pick.

Worked in the league as a QB coach and OC. Was fired as OC by the Bills and replaced with...Alex Van Pelt.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Rest easy Turk
Reply/Quote

I'd say, "finally a coach with some balls!"

Anderson took it in stride and returned the next week to take the Bengals on a very good run. Today's delicate pysche QBs might break.

Reply/Quote
R.I.P Turk.
Reply/Quote
I wonder what happened.  He was only 62.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 07:35 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I wonder what happened.  He was only 62.  

Heart attack, according to WXIX.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Very sad news.

I am 64 so this hits close to home.

Every day is a blessing.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 08:12 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Very sad news.

I am 64 so this hits close to home.

Every day is a blessing.

Tomorrow's promised to no one...

It sucks to hear this. I really liked him as a kid. I think it was the name that drew me to a back up QB...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sad news...

RIP Turk
Reply/Quote
Gone way too soon. Prayers to family and friends.
Reply/Quote
Great video with Turk on the website right now.
Reply/Quote
Man that sucks. 62 is way too young. RIP Turk.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 04:51 PM)pally Wrote: Former Bengal QB Turk Schonert has died at age 62.

Very sad.  I will always remember him for winning the first game of the season in the first Super Bowl year as Anderson was knocked out injured.  Great guy.  RIP Turk.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Very sad.  I will always remember him for winning the first game of the season in the first Super Bowl year as Anderson was knocked out injured.  Great guy.  RIP Turk.

Didn't know Anderson was injured in that game.  I always thought he was benched in by Forrest Gregg to shake things up.

Either way, he came back the following week to lead the Bengals to victory on the road against the Jets.  Then the rest of 1981 was history, including the Freezer Bowl.
Reply/Quote