Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Turk
Too young, RIP Turk
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 11:55 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Didn't know Anderson was injured in that game.  I always thought he was benched in by Forrest Gregg to shake things up.

Either way, he came back the following week to lead the Bengals to victory on the road against the Jets.  Then the rest of 1981 was history, including the Freezer Bowl.

And it parallels today, in that the crowd was calling for Anderson to be replaced, until he was, and then he missed.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Very sad.  I will always remember him for winning the first game of the season in the first Super Bowl year as Anderson was knocked out injured.  Great guy.  RIP Turk.

(01-18-2019, 11:55 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Didn't know Anderson was injured in that game.  I always thought he was benched in by Forrest Gregg to shake things up.

Either way, he came back the following week to lead the Bengals to victory on the road against the Jets.  Then the rest of 1981 was history, including the Freezer Bowl.

Anderson was yanked for poor play and a 21-0 deficit. He lobbied Gregg to start him the next week against the Jets and...SB.

RIP Turk

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote