Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RV's
So I am just beginning my search with these. I am not looking for full time living, just something to have for occasional road trips. I have plenty of independence and can pick up and go, at will, mainly for sights and national parks etc. Id like to go out west and visit the Grand canyon, Yellowstone, Sequoia, Arches, Badlands, etc. I may relocate to Florida and could use it for shorter trips, like the Keys or Daytona or Orlando, etc. I could use it to go to the smokies. So as stated...not for living...just available to travel. Mainly for myself, but there could be cases where others could be included. But no bunks for kids needed, etc

Im looking at class C. They make class A, which is too big. And then they make travel trailers and 5th wheels which require hook ups to your own vehicle. Class C is just a smaller class A. Seems more perfect for me. Less sleeping area needed but I like the other features.

I honestly could be a couple of years from this, but it has become a 'goal' of mine. I've mainly initiated a search on Craig's list to read and get knowledge. So my question is, what are the pros and cons with owning an RV. Anybody know somebody or have experience yourselves with these. Suggestions of a brand, etc. Any comments would be appreciated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have never owned one, but I have multiple family members who have. The issue always seems to be transportation once you reach your destination. It is good to be able to tow/haul motorcycles or another car so you don't have to drive your RV everywhere.
Reply/Quote
You should be able to tow with a good class c. Definitely class a. You need a vehicle that is built to be towed flat. For me, the debate in classes is what I have to pull with. Already have an f350 so class c is an unneeded expense. If you don't have a big truck, class c is a great way to go. Class a is just too expensive if you aren't full timing. The Mrs and I are currently looking at trailers. Get ready to like something, then the next day something new gets announced and things change. 3 weeks ago we had settled that a flagstone 5th wheel is best, but then rockwood announced a game changing geo pro floor plan, then Jayco announced a new Minnie that targets the same market, and today I learned Montana is making a smaller 32 foot fifth wheel. There are some good fb groups to join, and give a follow to any rv dealers you like on YouTube. Stay away from camping world/gander mountain. Too many bad reviews and you can get the same rv's from better dealers. Watch extended warranties. Some of them won't include very much. If you are handy, that helps a lot. Any repairs needed at the dealer could take weeks to fix. Immediately plan on a mattress upgrade. Last bit of advice is to avoid a residential fridge. If it breaks, you have to be very creative on getting it out.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote