Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race, culture and assimilation
(06-13-2016, 11:41 PM)jason Wrote: The only giggle I had was that I always pictured you as that dude in the military dress suit that used to be in your avatar. Definitely not you.... Don't worry. I picture SCS as the guy with the Python around his shoulders in his Sig... Probably is him.

No problem.
I'm guilty of the same thing.

Regarding that pic.....
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/sgm-mike-vining
(06-13-2016, 10:50 PM)jason Wrote: Oh no doubt. I've known several full blooded Native Americans in my life. I know that some people truly are part native. It also makes sense since the Cherokee were the largest nation. But literally every white person that I know ( my wife included) claims they are Cherokee. I just noticed that one sentence in your post and thought I'd share. It just cracks me up. Certainly didn't mean offense to anybody or to derail anything.

I don't think most people would take it offensively. Honestly, I'd never thought about it until you mentioned it. I always just chalked it up to living most of my life in the same area. The only time I really met anyone from other tribes was time I spent in Colorado/Wyoming with Cheyenne and Arapaho.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-13-2016, 10:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Did you not defend the criminal who married his child cousin/wife and expected to be accepted as husband and wife in Germany?   

No, I pointed out that it happens here in an attempt to show your xenophobia is misplaced. How can we not  let in what is already taking place?
(06-13-2016, 10:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No.   I said you were describing assimilation and that's a good thing.  

Where you went off is that you refused to "label" it assimilation even though you were describing it exactly.   I imagine most here support assimilation over integration of they knew exactly what either word meant.   I don't blame you for not wanting to actually use the word assimilate ...   There are enough around here to call you a racist or xenophobic.    They love to play fast and loose with those labels. 

No, where you went off was completely not reading what my post actually said and instead wanting to classify it into a box that you wanted. You somehow claimed that I was burying my head in sand and yet claim you are trying to make sure others don't label me something. I've pointed out what my post said verbatim and it speaks for itself without labels. I will leave it at that.
(06-13-2016, 11:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: If that is the case, I apologize.

I have had plenty of British and Irish friends that use the terms on one another and never heard of them being offensive.
I suppose the same thing actually happens with the N word, within certain groups.
I'll have to grill them about the topic.
ThumbsUp

Haha you know idc about that stuff.   I just remember she telling me about it one time and she quickly reminded me to not mention that when we go to Belarus.   She thinks it's funny if I call her potato girl.  
(06-14-2016, 12:04 AM)Benton Wrote: No, I pointed out that it happens here in an attempt to show your xenophobia is misplaced. How can we not  let in what is already taking place?

Because two wrongs don't make a right.   We can't control what US citizens become, but we can sure as heck control who we allow to immigrate and who we don't...  Why would we add to the degenerate column when we could add an actual plus person?  
(06-14-2016, 12:04 AM)Benton Wrote: How can we not  let in what is already taking place?

For real?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

man this White Supremacy is spreading faster than an STD at an orgy
People suck
(06-14-2016, 12:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because two wrongs don't make a right.   We can't control what US citizens become, but we can sure as heck control who we allow to immigrate and who we don't...  Why would we add to the degenerate column when we could add an actual plus person?  

Teenage marriage has nothing to do with immigration.

The Chinese have high smoking rates. Smoking is bad. We shouldn't let Chinese people come to America.

(06-14-2016, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: For real?

Let me know of your plan to move Americans out of the country.
(06-14-2016, 10:45 AM)Benton Wrote: Let me know of your plan to move Americans out of the country.

Why would I plan to move Americans out of the coutry/ It is just the assertion that we cannot allow something into this coutry that is already here is ridiculous.

I am sure there are people in America that molest young boys; however, in some muslim societies it is their culture to do so. By Benton logic we should allow this to come to the U.S. because there are folks already doing it.

I just disagree with Benton logic.

If I shit in the corner of my house, it might take a while until I make it completely unlivable.
What do you think would happen if I invited more people to stay and do the same ?
(06-14-2016, 11:30 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: If I shit in the corner of my house, it might take a while until I make it completely unlivable.
What do you think would happen if I invited more people to stay and do the same ?

That's your house.  And it is one house.

How many people can you find that want to shit in a corner?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-14-2016, 11:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's your house.  And it is one house.

his fetishes are his business Ninja <-- thats not a ninja mask either
People suck
(06-14-2016, 11:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's your house.  And it is one house.

In a thread speaking of culture and assimilation (which has a large dose of Muslim immigrant speak), do you really want me to answer that ?
Ninja
(06-14-2016, 12:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: In a thread speaking of  culture and assimilation (which has a large dose of Muslim immigrant speak), do you really want me to answer that ?
Ninja

I know, I got it.

But if one guy or ten guys are shitting in a corner...is that really a problem for the 10,000,000 other people?

Especially if they are not doing it in public?
(06-14-2016, 12:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: In a thread speaking of culture and assimilation (which has a large dose of Muslim immigrant speak), do you really want me to answer that ?
Ninja

You may have to exolain when you say "your house" you literally don't me the structure in which you reside; you are simply using it as a metaphor for American society.

You may also one to mention when you say "you" and later "10 people"; you may want to make it clear that you are not atually talking about just yourself and 10 other folks. You are using it to illustrate a scale.

There will be those that become confused.

(06-14-2016, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You may have to exolain when you say "your house" you literally don't me the structure in which you reside; you are simply using it as a metaphor for American society.

You may also one to mention when you say "you" and later "10 people"; you may want to make it clear that you are not atually talking about just yourself and 10 other folks. You are using it to illustrate a scale.

There will be those that become confused.

Thanks for not "responding" to me anymore.  Mellow

Anyway, maybe from way up there on the high horse you can't see, but I fully understood and used the numbers as a representation of the small amount of people who "shit in the corner".  

Unless you thought there was only 10,000,000 people in the US?

Confused indeed.

Just save the passive/aggressive posts for someone you will "respond to".

Solid post though.  ©
(06-14-2016, 11:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would I plan to move Americans out of the coutry/ It is just the assertion that we cannot allow something into this coutry that is already here is ridiculous.

I am sure there are people in America that molest young boys; however, in some muslim societies it is their culture to do so. By Benton logic we should allow this to come to the U.S. because there are folks already doing it.

I just disagree with Benton logic.

My logic is to not exclude a majority based on a minority.

I live in Kentucky. In Kentucky first cousin marriages are not recognized. In Colorado, Alaska, Alabama, Connecticut, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, NC, RI, SC, Vermont, Virginia and Tennessee, it's legal. By your logic Kentucky should not accept anyone from those states. I'm not sure what state you live in, but I know we have posters from NC and Florida. I'm saddened to learn you think they're cousin marrying undesirables. For the most part, they seem like nice posters. Even the ones from Florida.

I have a hard time judging a group of people by the actions of a few.
(06-14-2016, 12:19 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Because two wrongs don't make a right.   We can't control what US citizens become, but we can sure as heck control who we allow to immigrate and who we don't...  Why would we add to the degenerate column when we could add an actual plus person?  

This is the same thing I wonder when conservatives say we need to ban abortion and lament the loss of a bazillion babies.
(06-14-2016, 01:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This is the same thing I wonder when conservatives say we need to ban abortion and lament the loss of a bazillion babies.

[Image: m901qsf.gif]

Sooooo.... degenerates...
Ninja