Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race for the AFC #1 seed
The Giants came oh so close to handing the Pats their first loss last night. Had the Giants called run plays and chewed off some more clock when they were on the Pats goal-line, they may have done it.

Alas, the Pats found a way as they always seem to. Anyway as it stands before tonight's game against the Texans both teams are undefeated. Having a look at the remaining teams left on both the Pats' and Bengals' schedule, who do you think has it toughest?

Week 10
Texans @ Bengals

Week 11
Bengals @ Cardinals
Bills @ Patriots

Week 12
Patriots @ Broncos
Rams @ Bengals

Week 13
Eagles @ Patriots
Bengals @ Browns

Week 14
Patriots @ Texans
Steelers @ Bengals

Week 15
Bengals @ 49ers
Titans @ Patriots

Week 16
Patriots @ Jets
Bengals @ Broncos

Week 17
Patriots @ Dolphins
Ravens @ Bengals

I think it's pretty even in terms of difficulty. Though the Pats next 3 games Bills, Broncos and Eagles are no joke. I wonder where (if at all) either of these teams lose.

Reply/Quote
Bengals definitely have the more difficult schedule.  The Pats only have one difficult road game against Denver and they appear to be in a shambles with Peyton.

We first and foremost need to secure the division title.  Pitt is playing extremely well and can still roll off a bunch of wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 10:02 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Bengals definitely have the more difficult schedule.  The Pats only have one difficult road game against Denver and they appear to be in a shambles with Peyton.

We first and foremost need to secure the division title.  Pitt is playing extremely well and can still roll off a bunch of wins.

I just hope we avoid the Steelers in the playoffs. I cant handle the remote possibility that we lose to them in the playoffs. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
^ x100000
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 10:24 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I just hope we avoid the Steelers in the playoffs. I cant handle the remote possibility that we lose to them in the playoffs. 

This^^^^ *patriots escaped by skin of their teeth last night.  Has anyone heard how long Julian is going to be out. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 11:26 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: This^^^^ *patriots escaped by skin of their teeth last night.  Has anyone heard how long Julian is going to be out. 

Broken foot.  They're HOPING to have him back for the playoffs.

I'm actually not scared of the Patriots as much as I was a few weeks ago though.  They look entirely beatable....nothing like the clear-cut best team in the league that everyone is making them out to be.  I actually think the Bengals are better, and I'm not even homering out with that statement.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 11:41 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Broken foot.  They're HOPING to have him back for the playoffs.

I'm actually not scared of the Patriots as much as I was a few weeks ago though.  They look entirely beatable....nothing like the clear-cut best team in the league that everyone is making them out to be.  I actually think the Bengals are better, and I'm not even homering out with that statement.

Rep. I've said this for a month in a group I'm in on Facebook. Steelers worry me more than the *pats. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
The thing that the Bengals can do to help keep Pittsburgh off our playoff schedule is to clean their clock in the last game we play them in the regular season and if that means unleashing VB to let him take someone else out then so be it. I sure won't shead a tear if it happens. Heck, if he sends Rottenbooger into retirement I'd buy him a beer..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What are the Magic numbers to Clinch a playoff Birth.... And Division.... (im guessing Division is @ 4 or 5 games with pitt having 4 losses.)

Browns should be eliminated tonight with a WIN and the ravens follow next week

Right now we have a 2 game lead on the 3rd seed.. as far as seeding goes
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 11:41 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Broken foot.  They're HOPING to have him back for the playoffs.

I feel the same way Cupcakes.

The Pats don't scare me after last night. Losing Edelman is a big deal as well.

Rodney Harrison said losing Edelman was worse than if they lost Gronk. I will not go that far but it is a big deal.
Reply/Quote
If we play the cards right, Steelers will have to face the Patriots in the playoffs first.

Face it, Steelers are making the playoffs and we will see them eventually if we want to win the superbowl. Nothing would be sweeter than rolling through Pittsburgh to win a championship.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 03:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If we play the cards right, Steelers will have to face the Patriots in the playoffs first.

Face it, Steelers are making the playoffs and we will see them eventually if we want to win the superbowl. Nothing would be sweeter than rolling through Pittsburgh to win a championship.

Depends on what seed we and they end up with... If we get the #1 seed we want the steelers @ 5 if we get the #2 we want them @ 6
Reply/Quote
For those scared of the Steelers....

There is no better feeling than personally knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs. I don't fear them. I would embrace beating them at home to move on to the AFCC. Bring it.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: For those scared of the Steelers....

There is no better feeling than personally knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs. I don't fear them. I would embrace beating them at home to move on to the AFCC. Bring it.

I am sure we will beat the shit out of them next time we play them but it is always hard to beat a team
3 times in a season. That is what bothers me and they do have some damn good receivers and have the
potential to put up a lot of points. That doesn't mean they will put up that many points against us.

We already held them to only 10 in their place.

It would be pretty sweet to beat these guys 3 times in a season though no question. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am sure we will beat the shit out of them next time we play them but it is always hard to beat a team
3 times in a season. That is what bothers me and they do have some damn good receivers and have the
potential to put up a lot of points. That doesn't mean they will put up that many points against us.

It would be pretty sweet to beat these guys 3 times in a season though no question. Smirk

If there is one thing I have learned this year watching these Bengals, throw everything we know out. Beating a team 3 times in a season is hard? not for these Bengals. Just like winning in Pittsburg, winning in primetime, winning in Baltimore, winning on TNF...

Every challenge and old football mantra needs to be forgotten. The Bengals are changing the game! LOL

Fwiw, I agree with you Nate, I just think these Bengals can overcome anything the NFL has deemed 'a challenge'. 
Reply/Quote
Every game we play we are at risk of losing.  

I think we should be the favorites in all our games up to (and if) we play the Patriots.

Playing the Steelers will be tough, but I don't think they will be any tougher than the Cardinals or the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
As others have said, the thing I fear about playing the Steelers in the playoffs isn't having to beat them, it's that they will cheapshot AJ, Andy or someone else.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am sure we will beat the shit out of them next time we play them but it is always hard to beat a team

Winning the SB after beating the steelers 3x in a season would just be incing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
I think number one is going to be a race between us and NE, number two is ours though. Denver looks exposed, Manning is too old to last a whole season, and they can only go so far on that defense.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2015, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I feel the same way Cupcakes.

The Pats don't scare me after last night. Losing Edelman is a big deal as well.

Rodney Harrison said losing Edelman was worse than if they lost Gronk. I will not go that far but it is a big deal.

I was thinking the same because Edelman just seems to be all over the field and finds the open spot no matter what defense you run.  Tom Brady looks like he lost the fire and the ability to be ice-cold and lead a team in the clutch mistake free.  

Gronk still worries me, but selling-out to stop him will be a hell of a lot easier without having to worry about Edelman finding the open spot left from trying to stop Gronk.

As far as the playoffs go, I don't think there's any way that the Steelers don't get a Wild Card spot because their remaining schedule seems like a cake-walk:  
-Seahawks look to be in shambles, but granted that they've only lost their 5 games by an average of 5.8 points, but their secondary looks vulnerable to me 
-Colts are garbage but they have played a few good games
-We should hand them their asses in the Jungle
-Broncos are in a free-fall to hell
-Ravens.......  HA!
-If the Browns let McCown play, they have a chance.

We just gotta beat them up bad enough that they'll be too crippled to give us a good game.
Reply/Quote