Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shutdown!
(03-22-2018, 10:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is accurate.  

A lot of this country believes as Rand Paul.  He is just horrible at explaining his positions.   Plus his dad didn’t do him any favors.  A lot of my liberal friends like Rand even though they hate him on the spending.

Yea, I'd agree with this. Most people want reasonable spending and less government spying. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-23-2018, 09:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, I'd agree with this. Most people want reasonable spending and less government spying. 

As a blanket statement, sure. But when you get down to details I would not say that the majority of Americans agree with Rand.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-23-2018, 09:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: As a blanket statement, sure. But when you get down to details I would not say that the majority of Americans agree with Rand.

That's a good clarification. 

So trump threatens a shutdown now because of DACA?

Just so I get this straight. There was an offer of a clean DACA bill. Trump declined. There was an offer to solve DACA in exchange for wall funding. Trump declined.
And now he tweets that the democrats abandoned the DACA recipients?

Or is a shutdown a distraction from all these windy Stormy stories?

Also, why does your government shut down all the time. That doesn't seem like a good way to run things.
(03-23-2018, 11:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: So trump threatens a shutdown now because of DACA?

Just so I get this straight. There was an offer of a clean DACA bill. Trump declined. There was an offer to solve DACA in exchange for wall funding. Trump declined.

Also, why does your government shut down all the time. That doesn't seem like a good way to run things.

You gotta admire the brazenness a bit. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-23-2018, 11:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: So trump threatens a shutdown now because of DACA?

dont forget, DACA was working fine, and then trump ended it with a stroke of a pen

if hes that concerned about DACA, he could just, ya know, reinstate it himself, with another stroke of a pen

but yeah, hes really threatening a shutdown because he didnt get his waste of money wall money, and using DACA as a smokescreen to try and come off "caring"
People suck

Not to mention that, despite him saying Dems abandoned DACA folks, House Dems are already on record against the omnibus because of... DACA. 

But the ******** that voted for him will believe that the fact that a bill in a Republican controlled Congress doesn't cover something is because of the Democrats. 

(03-23-2018, 01:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not to mention that, despite him saying Dems abandoned DACA folks, House Dems are already on record against the omnibus because of... DACA. 

But the ******** that voted for him will believe that the fact that a bill in a Republican controlled Congress doesn't cover something is because of the Democrats. 

Things like this almost make me question my position that we need to get more people involved in the political process in this country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-23-2018, 01:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But the ******** that voted for him will believe that the fact that a bill in a Republican controlled Congress doesn't cover something is because of the Democrats. 

Ya, I wouldn't go as far as to call all Trump voters *******, whatever that word was. 
Regarding those who actually believe the DACA mess is on the Democrats though... I can see your point.
(03-23-2018, 02:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: Ya, I wouldn't go as far as to call all Trump voters *******, whatever that word was. 

Unfortunately, it's become quite commonplace in American politics. If someone disagrees with you politically, it's not because they have differing opinions, thoughts, perceptions, etc. No, it's because they're "**********" or some other derogatory term.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-23-2018, 02:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Unfortunately, it's become quite commonplace in American politics. If someone disagrees with you politically, it's not because they have differing opinions, thoughts, perceptions, etc. No, it's because they're "**********" or some other derogatory term.

I have to agree with that, my observation lead me to a similar conclusion. The political discourse in the US is particularly hostile.
Would like to pause here to commend those who spelled "*******" correctly. We don't see that very often these days. Carry on.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(03-23-2018, 02:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: Ya, I wouldn't go as far as to call all Trump voters *******, whatever that word was. 
Regarding those who actually believe the DACA mess is on the Democrats though... I can see your point.

(03-23-2018, 02:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Unfortunately, it's become quite commonplace in American politics. If someone disagrees with you politically, it's not because they have differing opinions, thoughts, perceptions, etc. No, it's because they're "**********" or some other derogatory term.

(03-23-2018, 02:50 PM)hollodero Wrote: I have to agree with that, my observation lead me to a similar conclusion. The political discourse in the US is particularly hostile.

It could be that the expletive was a descriptive term for a subset of Trump voters and that it may not be unwarranted.

Just sayin'. Ninja

(03-23-2018, 09:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: As a blanket statement, sure. But when you get down to details I would not say that the majority of Americans agree with Rand.

They would if they could see these policies at the state and local levels.

Federal government should be small, but state and local can be as large as the community needs. The benefit is they can be nimble enough to adjust to the local needs.
(03-23-2018, 02:50 PM)hollodero Wrote: I have to agree with that, my observation lead me to a similar conclusion. The political discourse in the US is particularly hostile.

Truth be told, it does make election campaigns more enjoyable.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-23-2018, 01:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not to mention that, despite him saying Dems abandoned DACA folks, House Dems are already on record against the omnibus because of... DACA. 

Perhaps I'm a **********but didn't Pelosi call the passing of this bill "a tremendous victory for the American people"? Or is it your assertion that the party in charge gets everything they want in the budget and the minority doesn't get what they want?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

dip shits. For some reason it's ok to say shit but not dip and shit together?

I've told the mods to let me know if I am not allowed to say "dip shit" since "*******" isn't allowed, but I haven't heard back on that.