Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racist Morons...
Dear Lord, how stupid are people ?

I'm starting to think we need a sticky thread for these types.

Whatever

http://boingboing.net/2017/02/28/watch-racists-blubber-in-court.html?utm_content=buffer7ae50&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Quote:                              

report this ad
[Image: logo.png] / Rob Beschizza / 5:48 am Tue Feb 28, 2017
Racists blubber in court as judge jails them for threatening black child's birthday party with shotgun

[Image: C5t6XYYWYAEe481.jpg?w=640]

Jose Torres and Kayla Norton terrorized a black kid's birthday party by leading a convoy of confederate-flag flying vehicles past it while shouting racial slurs and threats—and pointing a shotgun at the children. They blubbered in court Monday as a Georgia judge sentenced them to years in jail.

Quote:Channel 2 Action News spoke to a woman who was at the birthday party in 2015.
Melissa Alford said at least seven pickup trucks displaying Confederate flags pulled up on her property on Campbellton Street and their passengers were armed and threatened to “kill y’all niggers.”
"This is behavior that even supporters of the Confederate battle flag can agree is criminal and shouldn't be allowed," Douglas County District Attorney Brian Fortner said in a statement.
Norton was sentenced on one count of violating Georgia's street gang act and one count of making terroristic threats. Torres was sentenced on three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, one count of terroristic threats and one count of violating the street gang act.

Superior Court Judge William McClain gave Torres 20 years, with 13 served in prison, and Norton was given 15 years with 6 inside. Three things seem to have enhanced the community's righteous ire:

1. It was shortly after white supremacist Dylann Roof's killing of 9 black worshipers at a church in Charleston.
2. The Douglasville Police Department originally refused to arrest the people making the threats.
3. Only four of the people in the convoy were charged with serious crimes, despite there being "a dozen or more" involved.

[Image: blubberingracists1.gif?zoom=1.5622140467...=628%2C353]
[Image: blubberingracists2.gif?zoom=1.5622140467...=628%2C349]
[Image: blubberingracists4.gif?zoom=1.5622140467...=628%2C353]
[Image: blubberingracists3.gif?zoom=1.5622140467...=628%2C353]
[Image: blubberingracists5.gif?zoom=1.5622140467...=628%2C340]
Seeoms like a violation of their right to "free speech". Amiright?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-28-2017, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seeoms like a violation of their right to "free speech". Amiright?

Not with brandishing a shotgun.
(02-28-2017, 09:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seeoms like a violation of their right to "free speech". Amiright?

(02-28-2017, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think many folk misunderstand free speech.
Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-28-2017, 09:30 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Not with brandishing a shotgun.

That could explain the assault with a deadly weapon charge. 

(02-28-2017, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That could explain the assault with a deadly weapon charge. 
Yes, sir.

Depending on the nature in which they drove their vehicles onto the ladie's property, the vehicle could be considered a weapon, we're they to swerve or drive near a person.

I'm all for free speech, even if their an idiot.
I will not defend someone when they violate another's rights, however.

Now.... I need to look into this "Gang Law", unless anyone here is familiar with it ?
Quote:2. The Douglasville Police Department originally refused to arrest the people making the threats.

And that becomes part of the problem for multiple reasons.

It feeds the public's perception (right or wrong) that some cops don't care about minorities. And there's some truth in this instance. If a dozen BLM protesters drove through a white person's yard threatening to "kill y'all white people" and pointing a shotgun, there would've been an armed response team.

But the bigger issue it shows the distrust between law enforcement and the legal system. In some places and in some cases, cops don't trust courts. They don't trust prosecutors to do their job or judges to make rational decisions. So they feel like they have to Judge Dredd it. Which strains that relationship.
They get everything they have coming to them and there's a little satisfaction in knowing that the places they are going will teach them a lesson or two. Only thing is, they will come out of prison more despicable than they were going in. Their ideology and bias will only be confirmed by what's about to happen to them...which they deserve.

Not only are their lives changed but so are those these jackasses threatened. Are their biases and ideology confirmed about whites now making them hate just a little?

I am so tired of the ignorance in this country and the world. Ignorance breeds ignorance and it's a never ending cycle. It will never cease to exists.

No. You are wrong.

You sure are wrong a lot.
People suck
I saw this earlier. They got the hammer dropped on them. Maybe people will think twice now. Probably not, but maybe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I don't know their criminal history, but if this was their first offense the sentence seems excessive. Granted I live in hug a thug CA, but I've seen many defendants get far more lenient sentences for crimes that involved serious physical injury to the victim. They definitely deserve some custody time but fifteen years?
(03-01-2017, 11:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know their criminal history, but if this was their first offense the sentence seems excessive. Granted I live in hug a thug CA, but I've seen many defendants get far more lenient sentences for crimes that involved serious physical injury to the victim. They definitely deserve some custody time but fifteen years?
I'll admit, I did think the sentence was about three times longer than I could see being applied.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(03-01-2017, 11:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know their criminal history, but if this was their first offense the sentence seems excessive.  Granted I live in hug a thug CA, but I've seen many defendants get far more lenient sentences for crimes that involved serious physical injury to the victim.  They definitely deserve some custody time but fifteen years?

Should have raped 'em. Or kicked a coat hanger up their ass. Then they would have received a lesser sentence. 

Sometimes I don't have any idea what a judge is thinking. 
im sure trump will pardon them
People suck
(03-01-2017, 11:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know their criminal history, but if this was their first offense the sentence seems excessive.  Granted I live in hug a thug CA, but I've seen many defendants get far more lenient sentences for crimes that involved serious physical injury to the victim.  They definitely deserve some custody time but fifteen years?

I'd wager it has a lot to do with Dylan Roof. 

I see it all the time here in Danbury, CT, the closest courthouse to Newtown and Sandy Hook. If someone comes in on gun charges, they're screwed nowadays. 

My initial reaction was similar. I'm not a big proponent of incarceration to begin with, but the sentences seem heavy.
Georgia’s Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act adds stiff penalties for crimes committed in association with street gangs – sentences of three to fifteen years in addition to the penalties for the predicate crimes committed.
People suck
(03-01-2017, 02:19 PM)Griever Wrote: Georgia’s Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act adds stiff penalties for crimes committed in association with street gangs – sentences of three to fifteen years in addition to the penalties for the predicate crimes committed.

So the moral of the story is that if you want to scare the shit outta some naggers, make sure it's just you, or maybe one other buddy. Don't wanna be mistaken for a gang, especially since gangs are for naggers.

Sarcasm

Also, didn't realize the n-bomb wasn't censored on here. When did that happen?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-01-2017, 02:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Also, didn't realize the n-bomb wasn't censored on here. When did that happen?

1964?

(03-01-2017, 02:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So the moral of the story is that if you want to scare the shit outta some naggers, make sure it's just you, or maybe one other buddy. Don't wanna be mistaken for a gang, especially since gangs are for naggers.

Sarcasm

Also, didn't realize the n-bomb wasn't censored on here. When did that happen?

Naggers? 

You mean people who annoy you?  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]