Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Biden is doing terrible
(12-17-2021, 06:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Horrible negotiating with Iran

Can you elaborate on this a bit?

The US had a good deal with Iran under Obama and Biden, which halted their production of enriched uranium as they destroyed the bulk of their own centerfuges.

Then Trump broke that deal. And now Iran is back to enriching uranium and rebuilding centrifuges.

Can you locate the part of our present difficulties with Iran which are due, specifically, to Biden? 

What is "horrible" in the negotiations you refer to?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 03:27 AM)Dill Wrote: Can you elaborate on this a bit?

The US had a good deal with Iran under Obama and Biden, which halted their production of enriched uranium as they destroyed the bulk of their own centerfuges.

Then Trump broke that deal. And now Iran is back to enriching uranium and rebuilding centrifuges.

Can you locate the part of our present difficulties with Iran which are due, specifically, to Biden? 

I get the feeling there will be no answers...just complaints without citations.

Then someone will say "the other side" did the same to Trump when the reality is there were plenty of sources and proof for what Trump was doing poorly.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 06:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: I get the feeling there will be no answers...just complaints without citations.

Then someone will say "the other side" did the same to Trump when the reality is there were plenty of sources and proof for what Trump was doing poorly.

Agree. That was a Fox list of all the "terrible" failures of Biden. 

Not much behind them.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 10:56 PM)Dill Wrote: Agree. That was a Fox list of all the "terrible" failures of Biden. 

Not much behind them.

While I don't think Trump or Biden are or were good presidents, I also think our evaluation of a president is skewed.  It's like what I said about officiating in the NFL these days...now we see plenty of blown calls, but maybe that's also due to the fact that we watch games in HD on giant TVs and they show the replay in slow motion from 100 different angles 100 times.

Maybe when Reagan was in office and we didn't have the ability to google "Reagan is the worst ever" and get a list of 10 reasons why he needs to be arrested and we were watching football on a 13 inch lo-definition TV, presidents and NFL officials weren't as superior to their present day incarnations as we think they are. Regan did bottom out at a 35 approval rating during his first term though, so maybe I'm off-base with that specific metric.

Every second of the day there are "news" sources that will tell you exactly what you want to hear and believe...so are Biden and Trump good?  Nah, but you have to admit we are living in a world where conclusion shopping is a given. Sure, there was always bias out there, but no matter what you want to think there is a 24-hour news source to explain to you why that view is completely logical and the only logical view there is and why people who don't have your view are a danger to you and your family. Blargh, we've really built a hell of a world, here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to put it out on the internet that Ringo's disco album from 1977 is better than Sgt Pepper. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: While I don't think Trump or Biden are or were good presidents, I also think our evaluation of a president is skewed.  It's like what I said about officiating in the NFL these days...now we see plenty of blown calls, but maybe that's also due to the fact that we watch games in HD on giant TVs and they show the replay in slow motion from 100 different angles 100 times.

To continue with the officiating reference it doesn't help that most people, and usually the loudest ones at that, do not have a very good understanding of how the presidency/governing works. 

This holds true just as much for Biden as it did for Trump. Unfortunately for Trump, he is objectively a much bigger piece of shit human than Biden, so there was a lot more to make noise about. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: To continue with the officiating reference it doesn't help that most people, and usually the loudest ones at that, do not have a very good understanding of how the presidency/governing works. 

This holds true just as much for Biden as it did for Trump. Unfortunately for Trump, he is objectively a much bigger piece of shit human than Biden, so there was a lot more to make noise about. 

One of my friends has a mother who has been, for years, telling us that the NFL is rigged.  She would walk through the room while we watched football and see a missed tackle and say "See?  That guy wasn't even trying to hit him" as proof that it was....well, rigged.

It is interesting to see that sort of mindset being legitimized.  Imagine if there were a sports news network like ESPN where they talked about the scores of the games, but pointed out that we don't actually know what the score was because of irregularities in the officiating.  That'd be a bit of a hoot, I guess.

The Browns have to start their 3rd string QB due to covid testing and rules.  Should Browns fans peacefully protest this?  What if a riot starts?  Wait...are those really Browns fans or Steeler fans in Browns jerseys starting a riot in order to make peaceful Browns fans look bad?  We texted Baker Mayfield to tell them to stop, but he won't do it...OK, we gotta say they're Steeler fans now.

EDIT - this is a tangent, even for me.  Sorry.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:47 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: To continue with the officiating reference it doesn't help that most people, and usually the loudest ones at that, do not have a very good understanding of how the presidency/governing works. 

A lot certainly don't seem to understand the concept of rule of law.

On another thread someone recently voiced support for Trump's firing of whistleblowers who testified against him. 

Why would you keep those people around, if they are going to expose illegal behavior? 

Makes sense, if you are a mob boss.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 04:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One of my friends has a mother who has been, for years, telling us that the NFL is rigged.  She would walk through the room while we watched football and see a missed tackle and say "See?  That guy wasn't even trying to hit him" as proof that it was....well, rigged.

It is interesting to see that sort of mindset being legitimized.  Imagine if there were a sports news network like ESPN where they talked about the scores of the games, but pointed out that we don't actually know what the score was because of irregularities in the officiating.  That'd be a bit of a hoot, I guess.

The Browns have to start their 3rd string QB due to covid testing and rules.  Should Browns fans peacefully protest this?  What if a riot starts?  Wait...are those really Browns fans or Steeler fans in Browns jerseys starting a riot in order to make peaceful Browns fans look bad?  We texted Baker Mayfield to tell them to stop, but he won't do it...OK, we gotta say they're Steeler fans now.

EDIT - this is a tangent, even for me.  Sorry.

You kind of hit on something here.

A lot of people are "seeing" obvious election rigging everywhere, as they support movements to legally rig elections.

Debunking = COVERUP!!  And so more proof.

The strange, unstable judgement exhibited by conspiracy theorists, the normalized state of denial, has expanded to tens of millions who are "not fooled" by the MSM.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 11:14 PM)Dill Wrote: You kind of hit on something here.

A lot of people are "seeing" obvious election rigging everywhere, as they support movements to legally rig elections.

Debunking = COVERUP!!  And so more proof.

The strange, unstable judgement exhibited by conspiracy theorists, the normalized state of denial, has expanded to tens of millions who
are "not fooled" by the MSM.

Is there evidence?  YES
Do you want it to be true? NO
LOGIC - The evidence is proof that the deep state is making an effort to mislead people and/or it is a witch hunt and setup orchestrated by political enemies.  The evidence only proves the whole case is fabricated and the more damning it looks, the more obvious it is fake.  Presence of evidence you don't like is merely proof that your unsubstantiated theories are correct.

EXAMPLE 1 - Everyone is out to get Trump/Matt Gaetz/Bill Clinton/Michael Jackson/OJ Simpson, so of COURSE there is "evidence" they are doing illegal things...duh!  It's a setup, and the more effort they put into making fake evidence, the more obvious the accusations are biased lies.

EXAMPLE 2 - Of course there is "evidence" covid is killing unvaccinated people...they want you to get the vaccine, they are lying about what people died from, and doctors are intentionally killing the unvaccinated and writing down covid as the cause of death.  Also, I know more than the medical community but I think participation trophies are a joke.

Is there evidence?  NO
Do you want it to be true? YES
LOGIC - The lack of evidence shows that the deep state has hidden all the truth about it.  It has been covered up and fake evidence (see above) has been shoved down your throat in order to mislead you.  

EXAMPLE 1 - Of course there is no evidence that Tom Hanks is a sex-trafficking baby-eater...that's EXACTLY what makes him the most likely suspect.  It's all too perfect.  So much covering up of the vital evidence is going on.  If we had the evidence you'd have to trust it, because you have to trust evidence.

EXAMPLE 2- Ivermectin kills covid and the vaccine doesn't, of course big pharma and doctors and the government are all in on duping you into thinking that a vaccine is more effective in stopping a virus than an anti-parasitic is.  By the way, did I ever tell you that I actually wrote Bridge Over Troubled Water?  That Paul Simon is full of shit.  Yeah, I know he wrote a bunch of other good songs and I haven't, but I just lost my passion after he stole that one...either that or he stole all my songs.  Let's go with that, actually.

Is there evidence?  YES
Do you want it to be true? YES
LOGIC - Look at the evidence...you can't argue that!  Face up to the fact that you're wrong, snowflake! Case closed.

Is there evidence?  NO
Do you want it to be true? NO
LOGIC - Look at the lack of evidence...you can't argue that!  Face up to the fact that you're wrong, snowflake! Case closed.
Reply/Quote
^ take your top off!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 03:12 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ^ take your top off!!!
*obliges*
I am in NOLA.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 03:27 AM)Dill Wrote: Can you elaborate on this a bit?

The fact that anybody believes that is most discouraging.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The fact that anybody believes that is most discouraging.

Those were facts that he stated. I find it discouraging you think actual facts need believing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:38 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Those were facts that he stated. I find it discouraging you think actual facts need believing.

Feelings don't care about your facts.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The US had a good deal with Iran under Obama and Biden, which halted their production of enriched uranium as they destroyed the bulk of their own centerfuges.

The fact that anybody believes that is most discouraging.

You caught me Sled! Now I must issue some corrections.

1. Enriched uranium production was not completely halted. It was just reduced to 3.67%--far short of the 90% needed for nuclear weapons. And their thousands of kilos of enriched U were reduced to 300. 

2. Also, it was incorrect to say that Iran "destroyed" centrifuges. Of their 19,000+ in 2015, some 13,000 were rendered inoperable by dismantling or removal, leaving roughly 6,000 to take care of domestic needs. Not all were actually destroyed. 

In any case, this compliance was certified by the IAEA--continually--until Trump broke the deal. 

But back to my original question, which I put out there for anyone--

What is so "horrible" about Biden's conduct of current relations/negotiations with Iran?

I'd think people could admit how difficult it is to get a new deal on track after Trump sabotaged a working plan which had Europe, China and Russia on board and gave the Iranian liberals/moderates a great foreign policy victory.

How to clean up a mess like that? Iranian hardliners are all telling the Iranian democrats "We told you so! Let's get those 'fuges crankin' again!"
Reply/Quote