Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Racist dichotomy
Black absorbs all visible color in the spectrum White reflects all colors in the spectrum. In other words, black is exclusive of all colors while white is inclusive. Or is it the reverse?

Discuss.
--------------------------------------------------------

All I'm going to say is....no one holds a "white-tie affair"

(07-22-2016, 05:10 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: All I'm going to say is....no one holds a "white-tie affair"

That's only because no one you know is that formal. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-22-2016, 05:08 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Black absorbs all visible color in the spectrum  White reflects all colors in the spectrum.  In other words, black is exclusive of all colors while white is inclusive.  Or is it the reverse?

Discuss.

I've always hear that as white people are the ones who are colored by they call black people that.

So white people are stupid.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
That song Ebony and Ivory is wrong. Sure, the black and white keys are side by side on his piano keyboard (oh, lord), but if you play the side by side notes it sounds lousy...no, you play them spaced out across a scale, or something, so they sound better.

Ergo, blacks and whites work better together when there is some space between. Wrong again, Sir Paul!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-22-2016, 10:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That song Ebony and Ivory is wrong. Sure, the black and white keys are side by side on his piano keyboard (oh, lord), but if you play the side by side notes it sounds lousy...no, you play them spaced out across a scale, or something, so they sound better.

Ergo, blacks and whites work better together when there is some space between. Wrong again, Sir Paul!
All I can think of is the Eddie Murphy/Joe Piscapo version.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Black is every color
White is the lack of color

Find a color scale on the web, one where you can can enter 0-255 in each primary color. Put 255 in each one and you have black. Put 0 in each one and you get white.

That's all, nothing else.

As for people, are we not all the same?
We bleed red blood
We breath the same air
Drink the same water that has been here since the earth was made
Our parts are interchangeable
We can breed with each other 

Wait...is this a troll thread?
(07-22-2016, 11:12 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Black is every color

Find a color scale on the web, one where you can can enter 0-255 in each primary color. Put 255 in each one and you have black. Put 0 in each one and you get white.

I disagree. The ability for us to see a color is based on the light spectrum that is reflected back at us and picked up by the rods and cones in our eyes and then translated by the brain. Colors will absorb certain wavelengths and reflect others resulting in their specific color. So what is reflected is what our brain translates into color. White reflects all wavelengths, meaning it is all colors. Black reflects none, so it is the absence of color.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I know a black guy who can't dance.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-22-2016, 11:12 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Black is every color

As for people, are we not all the same?
We bleed red blood
We breath the same air
Drink the same water that has been here since the earth was made
Our parts are interchangeable
We can breed with each other 

Wait...is this a troll thread?

(07-22-2016, 11:17 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I disagree. The ability for us to see a color is based on the light spectrum that is reflected back at us and picked up by the rods and cones in our eyes and then translated by the brain. Colors will absorb certain wavelengths and reflect others resulting in their specific color. So what is reflected is what our brain translates into color. White reflects all wavelengths, meaning it is all colors. Black reflects none, so it is the absence of color.

He is correct when mixing pigment, he is wrong when mixing light.

When mixing pigment you want to combine all of the primary colors of pigment.  Red Yellow Blue  White is the absence of pigment

When mixing light to get white you combine all of the primary colors of light.  Red Green Blue  Black is the absence of light
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-22-2016, 11:36 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: He is correct when mixing pigment, he is wrong when mixing light.

When mixing pigment you want to combine all of the primary colors of pigment.  Red Yellow Blue  White is the absence of pigment

When mixing light to get white you combine all of the primary colors of light.  Red Green Blue  Black is the absence of light

But what allows you to see the colors of the pigments is the way they absorb/reflect light. So light trumps all. Tongue

(07-22-2016, 11:46 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: But what allows you to see the colors of the pigments is the way they absorb/reflect light. So light trumps all. Tongue

It doesn't trump all otherwise you'd be a fool when attempting to paint something or even hold a conversation with a person that works with any pigment medium.  It completely depends on what medium we are speaking about.  So like I said, he is correct when speaking about the medium of pigment, he is incorrect when speaking on the medium of light.

It could easily be argued that it is the pigment that trumps all as it is the medium in which light is augmented and reflected back to you.

(07-22-2016, 11:56 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It doesn't trump all otherwise you'd be a fool when attempting to paint something or even hold a conversation with a person that works with any pigment medium.  It completely depends on what medium we are speaking about.  So like I said, he is correct when speaking about the medium of pigment, he is incorrect when speaking on the medium of light.

It could easily be argued that it is the pigment that trumps all as it is the medium in which light is augmented and reflected back to you.

But what allows you to see what color the pigment is? Ninja

I was taught in the one room school house in KY that white absorbs all light and black reflects it. This is why something black is hotter to the touch than something white while exposed to a light/heat source (day time), but the white thing will stay warmer when removed from the souce.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-22-2016, 12:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But what allows you to see what color the pigment is? Ninja

Your eyes?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-22-2016, 10:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Ergo, blacks and whites work better together when there is some space between.  Wrong again, Sir Paul!

LOL....well played

(07-22-2016, 12:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was taught in the one room school house in KY that white absorbs all light and black reflects it. This is why something black is hotter to the touch than something white while exposed to a light/heat source (day time), but the white thing will stay warmer when removed from the souce.

It's the opposite.

(07-22-2016, 12:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was taught in the one room school house in KY that white absorbs all light and black reflects it. This is why something black is hotter to the touch than something white while exposed to a light/heat source (day time), but the white thing will stay warmer when removed from the souce.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-22-2016, 12:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But what allows you to see what color the pigment is? Ninja

Your brain.  Color is  a figment.  The 'F' is correct.

Pigment is a state of matter
Light waves are effected by pigment
Light waves effect your cones and rods
Your cones and rods send a chemical/electrical signal to our brain
Your brain lies to you.

Pigment and light are two parts of a single process.  Neither are more important than the other.  Without light you can't see subjects, without pigment you can't utilize light.  As I said neither trumps the other.

Black absorbs all light because black is every color. Each color absorbs certain waves of light and reflects certain waves of light. If you have every color in one spot, all light is absorbed and none reflected.

White has no color so all light is reflected.

I don't know, that's why I typed it.