Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Nation: Supporters see themselves in Republican nominee
(07-18-2016, 08:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm proud to be all the amazing things I ended up being through no effort of my own!

Are you calling us Steelers fans?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-18-2016, 08:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm proud to be all the amazing things I ended up being through no effort of my own!

Oh... I wouldn't say no effort.
I mean, mentioning my name to get you a free pass is noteworthy.
Ninja

Wink
(07-18-2016, 11:58 AM)GMDino Wrote: Actually it sounds like they demand everyone live their way while claiming they are being discriminated against.

Kind of funny.

Seems kind of racist that only blacks can claim discrimination....
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-19-2016, 04:56 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Seems kind of racist that only blacks can claim discrimination....

While both whites and blacks have racists tendencies you have to be in the minority to claim to be a victim of discrimination.

Hard to play the victim card when you are in the majority that controls a vastly disproportionate amount of power and wealth.
(07-19-2016, 04:56 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Seems kind of racist that only blacks can claim discrimination....

Are you claiming discrimination by saying that?   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-19-2016, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: While both whites and blacks have racists tendencies you have to be in the minority to claim to be a victim of discrimination.

This is easily the most demonstratively false and clearly ignorant statement you've made here (maybe, there are too many to keep track of and rate).

Minority or majority has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with whether or not you are discriminated against.  You KNOW this.  Or you're a fraud.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-19-2016, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: While both whites and blacks have racists tendencies you have to be in the minority to claim to be a victim of discrimination.

Hard to play the victim card when you are in the majority that controls a vastly disproportionate amount of power and wealth.

(07-24-2016, 06:07 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This is easily the most demonstratively false and clearly ignorant statement you've made here (maybe, there are too many to keep track of and rate).

Minority or majority has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with whether or not you are discriminated against.  You KNOW this.  Or you're a fraud.

Yeah, that's definitely false. I always look to employment law for this type of thing and the law clearly makes it available for a person of any gender, race, religion, etc., whether a part of the majority or minority, to claim discrimination. Now, systemic discrimination is a different matter, but you can definitely be discriminated against as a cis, straight, white, male, Protestant in this country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-18-2016, 11:55 AM)McC Wrote: Sounds like they are the enlightened.  They don't buy the nonsense about how flying the flag, saying the pledge and wishing people Merry Christmas when it's Christmas are bad things.

Who said that was bad?
(07-24-2016, 06:07 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This is easily the most demonstratively false and clearly ignorant statement you've made here (maybe, there are too many to keep track of and rate).

Sure it does.

If you are part of a majority that controls the power and wealth how can you be oppressed?  People can hold personal racial bias against you, but they can not oppress you.  It isn't "sytematic" discrimination.

Maybe we are just disagreeing on the definition of "discriminatio" and "oppression", but I 100% stand by my position that it is ridiculous for a white person to claim they have been oppressed bvy minorities in the United States.
(07-18-2016, 02:14 PM)McC Wrote: See, I can't see the harm in saying Merry...anything.  You name it.  It's a well wish.  How is that ever bad?

On May 5, if somebody says Happy Cinco De Mayo to me, I just say thanks, you too.  What's so hard about that?

We're just too damn sensitive now, just itching to find an insult or slight somewhere, anywhere, making big deals out of little things so we let the big things going on slide right by us.

You seem pretty sensitive about it. 
(07-24-2016, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sure it does.

If you are part of a majority that controls the power and wealth how can you be oppressed?  People can hold personal racial bias against you, but they can not oppress you.  It isn't "sytematic" discrimination.

Maybe we are just disagreeing on the definition of "discriminatio" and "oppression", but I 100% stand by my position that it is ridiculous for a white person to claim they have been oppressed bvy minorities in the United States.

I think a lot of us will agree that oppression and discrimination are very different. I can be discriminated against as a white male if I go into a store or restaurant in Baltimore and am ignored or not helped. 

Oppression, however, is very different, and I can safely say that in no point in my life have white males been oppressed in the United States. 

I only went back a few messages, but it seems like Dino and JWB were talking about discrimination. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]