Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ragland v Smith
Smith all day, we have enough slow, can't cover shit linebackers, we need more speed and athleticism and backers that can actually cover. Imagine Burfict, Dawson, and Smith starting with Luc/Roach/Flowers as back ups.
Reply/Quote
I'm not an expert on nerve damage. Do you recover 100 percent from that?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The guy highlighted my concerns about Ragland's ability in coverage, or even being subbed out on third down in college. That's not top half of the first material.
Reply/Quote
Would love to add Smith to the Bengals defense.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 11:19 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I'm not an expert on nerve damage.  Do you recover 100 percent from that?

It's impossible to know. 
Some can.
Some can't. 
Marcus Lattimore never did. 
Reply/Quote
darron lee all day. Watch how much people will be talking about him after today's combine. He put 20 pounds and im already hearing rumblings on him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 12:35 PM)Okeana Wrote: darron lee all day.  Watch how much people will be talking about him after today's combine.  He put 20 pounds and im already hearing rumblings on him.

He could end up the 2nd LB off the board when it's all said and done.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 02:18 PM)Stormborn Wrote: He could end up the 2nd LB off the board when it's all said and done.

Yeah.  I am hopping with a run on Offensive tackles, DT's, and quarterbacks that the linebackers will drop.  If he looks as good as I think he will look at the combine.  I wouldn't mind moving up to snag this guy if the price is right.  Either way we could always take scooby in a later round.  Linebacker is one of the biggest needs for the team.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
When you draft at the end of the draft you only get top 5 talent when they have injuries or need time. Like getting Cedric last year we could get a steal in Smith. Pairing him with Burfict would be interesting. I don't doubt we take him if our medical check him out. Many teams didn't think Cedric was going to play this year either which is why he dropped. And we got a premiere left tackle.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 11:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you draft at the end of the draft you only get top 5 talent when they have injuries or need time.   Like getting Cedric last year we could get a steal in Smith.   Pairing him with Burfict would be interesting.     I don't doubt we take him if our medical check him out.   Many teams didn't think Cedric was going to play this year either which is why he dropped.    And we hopefully got a premiere left tackle.

FIFY.

There are worries that even when healthy, Ogbuehi might not become a premier LT. He never showed to be an elite LT while at Texas A&M in the time he was given (not much time).
However, at worst, when healthy, Ogbuehi should be a premier RT and replace Andre Smith.

The interesting thing with Jaylon Smith is he showed a clear elite level of play before injury but the injury was extremely severe. He should definitely be available at 24 now, but how far will he fall and when is he worth the risk?

Personally, I'd be worried about the pick but hopeful if it's within the first two rounds. If it's third to fourth, I'd think it could be a decent pick but there's still worry. If fifth or later, well worth the risk.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's unsure if he will ever play again.
He won't go before the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 10:01 PM)SFmajor Wrote: NFL.com reported that majority of NFL teams believe that J. Smith will not play in 2016 due to knee injury. He may not go in the first 23 picks.  So it may be decision time for the Bengals. Pass for WR or DT that can contribute right away or take a PUP  player?

Well i would be for it. Jaylon Smith in a couple years could be great.

I would be willing to wait a year, dude is that good.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 01:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's unsure if he will ever play again.
He won't go before the 4th.

That bad? Jeez. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That bad? Jeez. Shocked

It's the same type of problem Marcus Lattimore had. 
He went in the 4th. 

He never recovered fully and was out of the league in 2 years.

The risk outweighs the reward on Jaylon right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 03:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's the same type of problem Marcus Lattimore had. 
He went in the 4th. 

Damn, what a shame.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 03:19 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's the same type of problem Marcus Lattimore had. 
He went in the 4th. 

Yep. The thing with those kind of tears is that there is no real indication whether or not you can come back from the injury. Some people have come back from it, some have not.

Sad, honestly. Jaylon Smith was arguably the best player in this draft.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote