Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders' Gruden Used Racist Trope in Email
At least those of us in Cincinnati can rest assured Mike Brown will never have any salacious emails “discovered” decades later. He still hunts and pecks on a Smith-Corona typewriter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The league is now apparently saying that there are no other emails like the ones Gruden got nailed for in the 650,000 or so that are involved in the WFT investigation. That's nice of them to let us know and all, but I'd rather them just go ahead and release them all as a good faith gesture.

I don't condone or like seeing people getting outed and publicly flogged for things they said in confidence 10 years ago. The things said were absolutely wrong and actionable, but the way it was handled IMO is a bad reflection on the league and the investigation. Until everything is made public, the perception that the league is using the emails as a weapon to go after critics(critic) and opponents of the big money commissioner and owners, even the NFLPA, then the whole thing stinks of blackmail.

If you're going to air dirty laundry that's certainly going to be damaging to an individual that's a tiny iota of a massive amount of information, then you need to go ahead and reveal the rest of the emails at some point, and quickly.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2021, 11:20 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: At least those of us in Cincinnati can rest assured Mike Brown will never have any salacious emails “discovered” decades later.  He still hunts and pecks on a Smith-Corona typewriter.

We would also have accepted this as an answer.

[Image: inkwell-with-quill-pen-isolated-on-compl...kw9b5wj9s=]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
With the way social media is now and the online mobs that completely destroy people’s lives I think issues like this should stay confidential or risk serious lawsuits. I don’t mean just Gruden but for anyone. Shitty or not someone’s life shouldn’t be completely ruined and black listed forever for being stupid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote