Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders Sign Gruden (Jon) 10 Years 100Mil
They done lost their minds in Oakland.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/05/reports-raiders-signing-jon-gruden-to-10-year-deal/
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They done lost their minds in Oakland.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/05/reports-raiders-signing-jon-gruden-to-10-year-deal/

How many here would have creamed if we had given Gruden a 10 year contract?  Besides, he wasn't going to leave the booth for a Merv-type $.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 08:48 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: How many here would have creamed if we had given Gruden a 10 year contract?  Besides, he wasn't going to leave the booth for a Merv-type $.  

After 17 years of Lewis.. You wanna be auto locked into 10 years on the next coach no matter the name?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: After 17 years of Lewis.. You wanna be auto locked into 10 years on the next coach no matter the name?

After 15 years of Merv I could do ten years of Gruden standing on my head.  Besides, maybe we can start acting like real NFL teams and jettison coaches we don't want instead of making them serve out the last damn minute of their contract.
Reply/Quote
Very curious to see how it pans out. I've always thought Gruden was an average coach who largely road Dungy's coattails in taking the Bus to the Superbowl and promptly coming back to Earth.

He's been off the field for a decade. It will be an interesting storyline to follow next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: After 15 years of Merv I could do ten years of Gruden standing on my head.  Besides, maybe we can start acting like real NFL teams and jettison coaches we don't want instead of making them serve out the last damn minute of their contract.

that's the thing with a 10 year 100 mill contract gruden is staying all 10 years  no one is buying that out...  Which could be good or really bad
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's the thing with a 10 year 100 mill contract gruden is staying all 10 years  no one is buying that out...  Which could be good or really bad

This guy?

[Image: tumblr_mdptogNg4M1ri6qaso1_1280.jpg]

Crazy like a fox  Mellow
Reply/Quote
I definitely don't trust the league, but somehow I have a hunch the Raiders are gonna be gifted a bunch of games for the "star power" alone..
Anyone else think some hanky panky will go on to insure that the Gruden name goes down in the 'anals' of the game as the "greatest coaching hire" of the past 30 years?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
10 million/year...you'll spend twice that for a top tier QB. I've always thought if you spent the money to get the best coach out there, it's what any owner should do. Plus, there are fewer top tier coaches than there are QB's. However, I'm not sure Gruden is "that" guy. He's a very likeable fun guy with good knowledge of the players and the game. If you listen to him ramble for more than two minutes, he will inevitably say something incredibly stupid, but maybe that's how he processes things, and it all comes out in the end. Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2018, 10:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: This guy?

[Image: tumblr_mdptogNg4M1ri6qaso1_1280.jpg]

Crazy like a fox  Mellow

I remember him being ugly but not that much lol

thought he had the classic bowl cut hahaah
Reply/Quote
I still remember when Jon Gruden was traded from Oakland to Tampa Bay. I never heard of a coach being traded, but it had happened in the past. Maybe Vegas will trade him in a few years.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote