Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders WR Henry Ruggs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Just read that he hit the back of the RAV4. That means this dude was speeding in his corvette in a residential area, drunk, and didn’t even see the car in front of him. He hit the Toyota so hard that it burst into flames and the poor 23 year old woman and her dog died.

Put this man away for 20 years please.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 10:09 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just read that he hit the back of the RAV4. That means this dude was speeding in his corvette in a residential area, drunk, and didn’t even see the car in front of him. He hit the Toyota so hard that it burst into flames and the poor 23 year old woman and her dog died.

Holy s**t.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 10:09 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just read that he hit the back of the RAV4. That means this dude was speeding in his corvette in a residential area, drunk, and didn’t even see the car in front of him. He hit the Toyota so hard that it burst into flames and the poor 23 year old woman and her dog died.

Yeah he should have to book thrown at him... tried of seeing rich people get min sentences for their crimes...

no amount of money can bring back those lives lost for his bad decisions
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 02:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

And...that was quick.  Raiders must think that the minimum two years is a virtual certainty in this one.  Ruggs lost a friend early in his life from an accident and acknowledges it by flashing the number three.  Ruggs is going to have a lot of internal conflicts with this.  
Reply/Quote
The prosecutor said Ruggs' BAC was more than 2x the legal limit. And the car was going 156 MPH 2 seconds before the crash. That poor woman in the Toyota never stood a chance

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2021, 01:35 PM)pally Wrote: The prosecutor said Ruggs' BAC was more than 2x the legal limit. And the car was going 156 MPH 2 seconds before the crash. That poor woman in the Toyota never stood a chance

156 in a residential area. Wow. Dude was as reckless as it gets. Almost seems like it was purposeful.

It’s amazing how drunken bodies survive crashes like that. He and his gf were both generally unscathed…
Reply/Quote
He's going to get a lengthy prison sentence out of this. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
If it were a member of my family I would not only sue him, I would go after the dealership that sold a 22 year old kid a 750 hp. sportscar, and then I'd sue Chevrolet for making it in the first place. The highest speed limit in the USA that I know of is 75mph. Dealerships putting out vehicles that can almost top out at 200 mph is a hard defense. They are responsible for putting this automobile in the hands of a kid (and face it, 22 is still a kid) He's lucky he did not do this in Kentucky, because it would be a Murder charge here. And none of this should be construed as not making him take the blame, he needs to be in prison for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 08:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If it were a member of my family I would not only sue him, I would go after the dealership that sold a 22 year old kid a 750 hp. sportscar, and then I'd sue Chevrolet for making it in the first place. The highest speed limit in the USA that I know of is 75mph. Dealerships putting out vehicles that can almost top out at 200 mph is a hard defense. They are responsible for putting this automobile in the hands of a kid (and face it, 22 is still a kid) He's lucky he did not do this in Kentucky, because it would be a Murder charge here. And none of this should be construed as not making him take the blame, he needs to be in prison for a long time.

Corvettes don’t kill people. People kill people…
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 10:56 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Corvettes don’t kill people. People kill people…

Well, personally I agree. Not to go political, but it's the same argument they try to use against Colt, S&W etc. Misusing an item they manufacture. I'm actually really surprised Chevy and Ford have not been hit with this type suit before this with all the Corvette and Mustang crashes.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 12:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, personally I agree. Not to go political, but it's the same argument they try to use against Colt, S&W etc. Misusing an item they manufacture. I'm actually really surprised Chevy and Ford have not been hit with this type suit before this with all the Corvette and Mustang crashes.

FWIW, I get what you are saying, it is strange that they can release vehicles, guns, etc. that outperform any sort of legal use for the item. At the same time, freedom comes with responsibilities and consequences, it’s just unfortunate people go down these paths that put a damper on things that many people enjoy responsibly.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I got a call one day to a disorder at a Suzuki dealership in Lexington/ When I got there this spoiled little rich 19 year old was throwing a fit because he wanted to buy a Hayabusa and the dealership would not sell it to him. The dealership told me, and the kid confirmed he had been riding for about 6 months. The owner said he did not want the kids death on his conscience. He left without the bike.
Reply/Quote
Just saw a TMZ video of him sitting on the street crying as the deceased's vehicle is burning in the background. His "girlfriend" is not going to help him any yelling to get him help while the other person burns.
Reply/Quote
Every dime he has and was set to earn on his contract (for this year) should be paid to the family
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 11:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Every dime he has and was set to earn on his contract (for this year) should be paid to the family

The family will sue and between lawyer fees and the civil suit he will likely be very broke by the time he gets out of prison. A ton of lawyers will be lining up to take the case for just a percentage of the settlement.

It wouldnt surprise me if Ruggs' girlfriend sues too because I believe she had serious injuries.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 08:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If it were a member of my family I would not only sue him, I would go after the dealership that sold a 22 year old kid a 750 hp. sportscar, and then I'd sue Chevrolet for making it in the first place. The highest speed limit in the USA that I know of is 75mph. Dealerships putting out vehicles that can almost top out at 200 mph is a hard defense. They are responsible for putting this automobile in the hands of a kid (and face it, 22 is still a kid) He's lucky he did not do this in Kentucky, because it would be a Murder charge here. And none of this should be construed as not making him take the blame, he needs to be in prison for a long time.

Not arguing, but in Montana, our interstate speed limits are at 80 and you have a 10 mph grace, where you get a $45 fine and no points on your license. 

Going 125-155mph on a city road requires some sheer stupidity.

I had a friend (who died of a stroke) who had a limited-edition Porsche (can't remember the model) that he'd take to Mid-Ohio to run on the road course there at crazy speeds. He had to undergo training with a professional driver to be able to do that. Any other use of cars at that speed is just nuts. While drunk? Lock him up, as he's a threat to society.
Reply/Quote
In 2009 Donté Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter when he struck and killed a pedestrian while driving under the influence.  Under a plea deal, he received a sentence of 30 days in the county jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, two years of community control, and eight years' probation. He was also suspended for the 2009 season.   He then went on to play in the NFL during the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons.

If the information about Ruggs  is accurate I hope the prosecutors do not let him plea to a lesser charge (yes I believe in innocent until proven guilty).  I have read articles where people claim the woman killed was heard screaming as she burned alive.  That's just horrible.  

Also I have seen various comments by people across the web stating Ruggs is basically still a kid at 22 years old.  That I disagree with.  At the age of 22 a person should have a well developed grasp on what is right and what is wrong.  At the age of 22 he was considered old enough to play in the NFL with other adults and earn millions of dollars.  There are 22 year olds considered responsible enough to work on military aircraft.   There are 22 year olds who help defend our nation and risk their life if need be.  There are 22 year old medical students and 22 year old nurses.  There are a lot of 22 year olds that carry a lot of responsibility across many career fields because they are adults and not "basically still kids".  

So I don't buy the still a kid thing.  It's tragic what happened, just horrible.  But I hope justice is served if he is indeed guilty.  There is a person no longer on this planet due to this and a family that will never see that person again.   I will also say that I hope Ruggs, while serving what ever punishment may come his way if guilty, does something with his life to better himself and find a way to give back to the world.   I believe in forgiveness and second chances even though I know it would be very hard for me to feel that way if it was a loved one I lost.   But I also think if guilty he should forfeit the right to ever play in the NFL again.  

Anyway, that's my rant on this topic.  It's a heartbreaking event for all involved.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2021, 07:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: In 2009 Donté Stallworth was charged with DUI manslaughter when he struck and killed a pedestrian while driving under the influence.  Under a plea deal, he received a sentence of 30 days in the county jail, plus 1,000 hours of community service, two years of community control, and eight years' probation. He was also suspended for the 2009 season.   He then went on to play in the NFL during the 2010, 2011 and 2012 seasons.

If the information about Ruggs  is accurate I hope the prosecutors do not let him plea to a lesser charge (yes I believe in innocent until proven guilty).  I have read articles where people claim the woman killed was heard screaming as she burned alive.  That's just horrible.  

Also I have seen various comments by people across the web stating Ruggs is basically still a kid at 22 years old.  That I disagree with.  At the age of 22 a person should have a well developed grasp on what is right and what is wrong.  At the age of 22 he was considered old enough to play in the NFL with other adults and earn millions of dollars.  There are 22 year olds considered responsible enough to work on military aircraft.   There are 22 year olds who help defend our nation and risk their life if need be.  There are 22 year old medical students and 22 year old nurses.  There are a lot of 22 year olds that carry a lot of responsibility across many career fields because they are adults and not "basically still kids".  

So I don't buy the still a kid thing.  It's tragic what happened, just horrible.  But I hope justice is served if he is indeed guilty.  There is a person no longer on this planet due to this and a family that will never see that person again.   I will also say that I hope Ruggs, while serving what ever punishment may come his way if guilty, does something with his life to better himself and find a way to give back to the world.   I believe in forgiveness and second chances even though I know it would be very hard for me to feel that way if it was a loved one I lost.   But I also think if guilty he should forfeit the right to ever play in the NFL again.  

Anyway, that's my rant on this topic.  It's a heartbreaking event for all involved.

It's awful all around.

There are many instances in which I would rather not ruin a 22 year old's life over a bad decision.  This is different.  Certain things require a price to be paid, or else the deterrent loses it's weight.  
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2021, 01:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: FWIW, I get what you are saying, it is strange that they can release vehicles, guns, etc. that outperform any sort of legal use for the item. At the same time, freedom comes with responsibilities and consequences, it’s just unfortunate people go down these paths that put a damper on things that many people enjoy responsibly.

Most dudes I've known that bought Corvettes practically never took them out of their garages.  They just liked having them.  They were incredibly nervous about taking them out for a drive and having them potentially get scratched.  One of them owned a Tommy gun, too, strangely enough.  Some people just collect things that they've wanted since they were kids.  
Reply/Quote