Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders want to move to Las Vegas
Raiders ownership is seriously considering a move to Las Vegas. There is talk of a new stadium and investors are on board. I just can't fathom the Las Vegas Raiders knowing them as mostly the Oakland Raiders. Well, changes are always coming.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Huge blow for the fans of this franchise. I don't like the move. Las Vegas Raiders ... Meh.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I doubt it will happen; I don't think the majority of the owners will approve a deal for a las Vegas move. I still think when all is said & done that they will be in St Louis if the chargers move to LA.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He is offerring up 500 million to Vegas stadium construction.

Hope they move there.... Would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:22 PM)J24 Wrote: I doubt it will happen; I don't think the majority of the owners will approve a deal for a las Vegas move. I still think when all is said & done that they will be in St Louis if the chargers move to LA.

There is zero reason for St Louis to ever get another team.   They couldn't even keep up their end of a lease.   Their only lease with the Rams.    Why would any owner move there where fans don't support and the city doesn't follow the lease.   

I hope the Rams buy their own training faciity for $1.  As they can in the lease they signed and fulfilled the entire lease agreement.   They can get the property for $1 and its valued at $18 million.   
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is zero reason for St Louis to ever get another team.   They couldn't even keep up their end of a lease.   Their only lease with the Rams.    Why would any owner move there where fans don't support and the city doesn't follow the lease.   

I hope the Rams buy their own training faciity for $1.  As they can in the lease they signed and fulfilled the entire lease agreement.   They can get the property for $1 and its valued at $18 million.   

Your hate for stlouis is mystifying. Stlouis is big time city and can handle a Football team. The only reason why they don't have the team is because the owner wanted to move to LA.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:39 PM)J24 Wrote: Your hate for stlouis is mystifying. Stlouis is big time city and can handle a Football team.  The only reason why they don't have the team is because the owner wanted to move to LA.

Then why didn't they follow their end of the lease with the Rams?   The fact they defaulted on the lease is why the Rams could even relocate.  

It's not my hate for St. Louis it's my hate for these cities who constantly screw it up and expect another team. Cleveland is the same way. For years they wouldn't upgrade municiple stadium. Until they lost their team and then made a ridiculous push for colors, name and history.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then why didn't they follow their end of the lease with the Rams?   The fact they defaulted on the lease is why the Rams could even relocate.  

It's not my hate for St. Louis it's my hate for these cities who constantly screw it up and expect another team. Cleveland is the same way. For years they wouldn't upgrade municiple stadium. Until they lost their team and then made a ridiculous push for colors, name and history.

The owner didn't want anything to do with stlouis that's why they left. Stlouis tried to get a stadium build for them but the owner didn't even want to negotiate with the city. Everyone knows the owner wanted to move the team to LA and stlouis didn't stand a chance.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:30 PM)J24 Wrote: F
The owner didn't want anything to do with stlouis that's why they left. Stlouis tried to get a stadium build for them but the owner didn't even want to negotiate with the city. Everyone knows the owner wanted to move the team to LA and stlouis didn't stand a chance.

Yes funny how he didn't want to sign another lease with people who couldn't follow their previous lease.   

Would you rent a home from someone who never repaired anything and let it go to hell?  Or would you move when your lease was up?  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes funny how he didn't want to sign another lease with people who couldn't follow their previous lease.   

Would you rent a home from someone who never repaired anything and let it go to hell?  Or would you move when your lease was up?  
I wouldn't screw them over and I wouldn't sign a bs lease in the first place.
J24

Reply/Quote
If this happened then the Raiders would have the best home field advantage in the NFL, especially if they played early games. Guys would be rolling in and be absolutely destroyed from being out on the town the night before.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is zero reason for St Louis to ever get another team.   They couldn't even keep up their end of a lease.   Their only lease with the Rams.    Why would any owner move there where fans don't support and the city doesn't follow the lease.   

LA has lost two teams already.  Why put one, let alone two back there? The people of Los Angeles will not support that mediocre, starless team (Rams).  At least the gangstas and kooks would have gotten behind the Raiders if they came back there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 05:05 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: If this happened then the Raiders would have the best home field advantage in the NFL, especially if they played early games. Guys would be rolling in and be absolutely destroyed from being out on the town the night before.
You do know that the Super Dome is spitting distance from Bourbon St.... Right?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 06:06 PM)jason Wrote: LA has lost two teams already.  Why put one, let alone two back there? The people of Los Angeles will not support that mediocre, starless team (Rams).  At least the gangstas and kooks would have gotten behind the Raiders if they came back there.

Rams left because Georgia Frontiere basically scuttled the team so she could move them and cash in.  

Hard to blame LA.   The raiders should have never been there....  But Al was being Al .   
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:58 PM)J24 Wrote: I wouldn't screw them over and I wouldn't sign a bs lease in the first place.

The city proposed the lease to the Rams back in the day and they signed to it.    If you make an agreement you follow through.  

We are spoiled in Cincy.   The bengals and county work together and when possible the bengals save the county money.   
Reply/Quote
Well, the lure of a brand new stadium for the Raiders might be the nail in the coffin for Oakland. They have the 49ers across the bay anyway. Might take some getting used to it, but money talks. And people listen.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Las Vegas is an interesting move for the Raiders. Fresh start in an untapped market. The NHL are falling all over themselves trying to tap into that very same market. Must be something to the place.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:07 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Huge blow for the fans of this franchise. I don't like the move. Las Vegas Raiders ... Meh.

Cali has enough teams. Rams Chargers 49ers Raiders they can afford to lose one.

LV Raiders about as cool as the LA Raiders...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 03:39 PM)J24 Wrote: Your hate for stlouis is mystifying. Stlouis is big time city and can handle a Football team. The only reason why they don't have the team is because the owner wanted to move to LA.

Apparently they cant as the last 2 teams they have had have left.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 04:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes funny how he didn't want to sign another lease with people who couldn't follow their previous lease.   

You're mistaken.

The weird ass lease required the Dome to meet conditions. It didn't. The convention control board submitted $50 million renovation plans. The Rams rejected them. They submitted $125 million renovation plans. Rams rejected and countered with a $700 million project, mostly funded by municipal bonds. The city couldn't afford it, so Kroenke got his broken lease necessary to move.

Kroenke wanted nothing to do with STL. He wanted to be on the Coast. STL wanted a football team, but they also wanted one that was competitive. Kroenke hasn't tried in a while.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote