Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raiders want to move to Las Vegas
(06-04-2016, 05:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pittsburgh sports do keep a consistent colour scheme.   I wonder if there was any chance the bengals could have been red and black or were the colours already chosen?   I know PB loves that orange.  
There was a Football (the old old AFL) team named the Bengals in the thirties in Cincinnati. I am pretty sure that's were they got their name from. Could be wrong though. Original team was named after the Bengal tiger exhibit from the zoo.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 08:49 PM)J24 Wrote: There was a Football (the old old AFL) team named the Bengals in the thirties in Cincinnati. I am pretty sure that's were they got their name from. Could be wrong though. Original team was named after the Bengal tiger exhibit from the zoo.

That is true, Paul, wanted a link to the old team.  What I've read about the original 1930s Bengals doesn't say where that name came from.  

With a name like Bengals, your color scheme is pretty much etched in stone.  Of course, there are damn few blue lions or green eagles, so what the hell.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 09:55 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That is true, Paul, wanted a link to the old team.  What I've read about the original 1930s Bengals doesn't say where that name came from.  

With a name like Bengals, your color scheme is pretty much etched in stone.  Of course, there are damn few blue lions or green eagles, so what the hell.  

Makes me think of the picture where Paul Brown is looking over helmet designs.

[Image: 635513255676251935-PaulBrownHelmets.jpg]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Makes me think of the picture where Paul Brown is looking over helmet designs.

The white one in the left is hideous, though the one on the right is interesting.  He must have really loved that striped number, it obviously stayed with him some years later.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:17 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Makes me think of the picture where Paul Brown is looking over helmet designs.

OMG. How terrible were graphic artists back in the day?  Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote