Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rain on Sunday
(12-02-2021, 01:56 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I was at the 2014 playoff game against the Chargers and the temperature was in the 20's and the Bengals found a way to lose that one. That's when Andy coughed up the ball when he went to the ground. It was bitterly cold that day, but luckily for me I was sitting between two fat guys and they kept me warm.

[Image: Planes-Trains-and-Automobiles.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 11:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My expectation that rain will help the Bengals more than the Chargers. We have a better run game, a better run defense and are more accustomed to the weather. If your offense relies on passing like the Chargers' does, a wet, cold day will definitely affect you more.

What CJD says. We definitely have the advantage with the rain and the homefield advantage to boot.

If we were playing in LA I would give the edge to the Chargers but not with these factors. I think we edge LA out.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 02:20 PM)Earendil Wrote: December 24, 2006 Bengals vs Broncos

It was 30 degrees at kickoff with 20MPH winds. WeatherUnderground says there wasn't any snow that day, but I distinctly remember it snowing at the end and the highlights from the game confirm that.

My feet were still cold the next morning.

Ah yes, the infamous botched extra point game.  The season we only needed one damn win in the last three games to get a WC berth and we could just not do it.  Still pisses me off Pissed

My playoff experiences are limited to PBS, and I remember that SD game was a tropical paradise compared to the Jets playoff game.  IIRC the Jets game was a 4:30 kickoff, and we were absolutely freezing by game's end.  The final score did not help.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 02:26 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Hilarious
[Image: Planes-Trains-and-Automobiles.jpg]

Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 04:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What CJD says. We definitely have the advantage with the rain and the homefield advantage to boot.

If we were playing in LA I would give the edge to the Chargers but not with these factors. I think we edge LA out.

The weather reports have changed somewhat since I started this thread. As it stands now it looks like chances for light rain. Shouldn't be a washout. Which is okay with me.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:20 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The team that doesn't rely on the cozy confines of a practice bubble.  Ninja

Really though, maybe it provides a small edge to the Bengals. Still, I doubt it's something that decides the game. Whatever they're used to, every single player on that field will have played football in the rain before. It doesn't look like it will be cold at all.

I remember reading that Bill Belichick had his Patriot team practice outside even though they have an indoor practice facility. 

I am 100% for an indoor facility, but I think that Bill had the right thought.   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looks like we caught a break. Now they're saying no rain tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 01:25 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Looks like we caught a break. Now they're saying no rain tomorrow.

Yeah, it sounds like they're really backing off of the rain forecast.  From the NWS site:

Quote:A chance of showers, mainly after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. East wind 6 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Strategic advantages aside, as an attendee, no rain is best.  I can take heat, cold, snow, wind, whatever you got.  But sitting out in the rain is the absolute worst.  All the extra gear is a hassle.  This is good news.  
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 01:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, it sounds like they're really backing off of the rain forecast.  From the NWS site:

Strategic advantages aside, as an attendee, no rain is best.  I can take heat, cold, snow, wind, whatever you got.  But sitting out in the rain is the absolute worst.  All the extra gear is a hassle.  This is good news.  

I'm happy with no rain as i don't want any chance of Burrow fumbling with those small hands, as he throws for 400+ yards. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 01:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, it sounds like they're really backing off of the rain forecast.  From the NWS site:

I retired from the US Postal Service as a letter carrier and I felt the same way. I hated rain, and especially a cold rain. I could handle all the other weather, although hot and humid was no picnic, but I really hated rain.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 02:10 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I retired from the US Postal Service as a letter carrier and I felt the same way. I hated rain, and especially a cold rain. I could handle all the other weather, although hot and humid was no picnic, but I really hated rain.

We've been waiting for you, mailman.  

[Image: idcxy-epic-dog-squad-photos-and-selfies-6.jpg]

Thanks for schlepping my and everyone else's mail around all those years ThumbsUp

I've been a STH since PBS opened, and I cannot recall the last time I sat in a snowfall in that stadium.  I remember the 2000 game versus Jax where the wind was whipping, the snow falling, and the field was a solid block of white.  Peter Warrick ran back a punt for a TD that day, and we had a couple of late scores to win in a crap season.  Anyway, my point is we never seem to have weather like that for games anymore.  All of our late December/early January games are 48 degrees and rainy/sunny.  
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 03:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We've been waiting for you, mailman.  

[Image: idcxy-epic-dog-squad-photos-and-selfies-6.jpg]

Thanks for schlepping my and everyone else's mail around all those years ThumbsUp

I've been a STH since PBS opened, and I cannot recall the last time I sat in a snowfall in that stadium.  I remember the 2000 game versus Jax where the wind was whipping, the snow falling, and the field was a solid block of white.  Peter Warrick ran back a punt for a TD that day, and we had a couple of late scores to win in a crap season.  Anyway, my point is we never seem to have weather like that for games anymore.  All of our late December/early January games are 48 degrees and rainy/sunny.  

Dude! Don't post pics like that. I get flashbacks. Panic
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the updates guys, still I think we have the edge with our run D if they keep playing like they have the
last 2 games and for most the year. Would be nice for our crowd to scream these bastids out of the building when
they are on Offense. Don't let them hear shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 11:09 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: The Bengals have both the better rush offense and defense. Any rain SHOULD be a benefit to the good guys.

Just keep pounding the rock in the rain with Joe Mixon, Samaje Perine, and Chris Evans. Give Joe 90% of the carries but those other guys can help run time off the clock.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 07:47 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The weather reports have changed somewhat since I started this thread. As it stands now it looks like chances for light rain. Shouldn't be a washout. Which is okay with me.

Yep!  I will take a cold air, but dry game any day. 

One thing of note:  The Chargers lead the league in dropped passes and some have attributed that to Herbert's cannon arm.  Much like Josh Allen, Herbert is going to have to improve his touch on short and intermediate routes.  He fires the ball at one of his warm-weather receivers and we could have some tipped-ball INTs. 

Here's to Jesse and Vonn being in place to pick them off.  
Reply/Quote