Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainy Day Mock
Used PFN this time, also went out of my norm and traded #33 to Jax for #42 and #140.

Quote:team logo
CIN 1. Joe Burrow QB LSU
CIN 42. Zack Baun OLB Wisconsin trade icon
CIN 65. Akeem Davis-Gaither OLB Appalachian State
CIN 107. Ben Bartch OT St. John's
CIN 140. Isaiah Hodgins WR Oregon State trade icon
CIN 147. Justin Strnad ILB Wake Forest
CIN 180. Anfernee Jennings DE Alabama
CIN 215. Trey Adams OT Washington
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Very nice! Hodgins and Strnad are a couple of players, along with Hunt, that have started to intrigue me lately the more I read up on. The fact you got Baun at 42 is a plus. I think with the diluted test 42 would be good spot for him.
Reply/Quote
Epic! Wouldn’t change a things in this scenario
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Used PFN this time, also went out of my norm and traded #33 to Jax for #42 and #140.

Baun, Davis-Gaither, and Strnad? I would love that!!! Those 3 and Pratter playng behind Geno and Reader? Carlos and Hubbard? With Bates and Bell/Williams? I think we'd have the strongest D in the division. Lamar won't be embarrassing us in 2020. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 04:04 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Baun, Davis-Gaither, and Strnad? I would love that!!! Those 3 and Pratter playng behind Geno and Reader? Carlos and Hubbard? With Bates and Bell/Williams? I think we'd have the strongest D in the division. Lamar won't be embarrassing us in 2020. 

What's that old saying?  There's no such thing as too many good LBs.  When the draft board just keeps feeding them to you, you listen and rebuild your LB room with youthful, intelligent, athletic players.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Used PFN this time, also went out of my norm and traded #33 to Jax for #42 and #140.

Love most of it, but want a true #1 threat WR taken earlier.  I am not as big on Baun.  I don't think he is a supreme talent at LB and he doesn.t have the size to be a DE.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 11:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Love most of it, but want a true #1 threat WR taken earlier.  I am not as big on Baun.  I don't think he is a supreme talent at LB and he doesn.t have the size to be a DE.  

This is what was said about another LB/Edge guy of similar size, a few years ago.  Can you guess who they were talking about?

Quote:
Weaknesses
Does not have a thick lower half and at times will struggle to disengage from bigger offensive tackles in the running game. Takes poor angles at times in run support. Lacks the experience in man coverage and will not be able to cover more athletic tight ends.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 11:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is what was said about another LB/Edge guy of similar size, a few years ago.  Can you guess who they were talking about?

IDK, maybe Von Miller? But I do know that for every Von Miller there is a Barkevious Mingo....
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 08:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: IDK, maybe Von Miller? But I do know that for every Von Miller there is a Barkevious Mingo....

Yes, that was straight from Von Miller's NFL Draft and Combine Profile Page. But on the same line of thinking; For every Brandin Cooks there's also a John Ross..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 08:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, that was straight from Von Miller's NFL Draft and Combine Profile Page.

And Von MIller is 265.  Baun weighed in a 236 and he was bloated from all the water he drank to appear heavier.  Seems odd.  I also think there are a lot of other options that can do that type of play later in the draft.  I don't hate the guy, he was crazy productive and played very well against OSU, but I view a SAM pick at 33 like drafting a kicker in Rd 5.   It's just too early, unless the guy is the next Von Miller :)
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And Von MIller is 265.  Baun weighed in a 236 and he was bloated from all the water he drank to appear heavier.  Seems odd.  I also think there are a lot of other options that can do that type of play later in the draft.  I don't hate the guy, he was crazy productive and played very well against OSU, but I view a SAM pick at 33 like drafting a kicker in Rd 5.   It's just too early, unless the guy is the next Von Miller :)

If Miller currently weighs 265, that's just proof that guys continue to grow, as his combine weight was 246ish.  I'm not getting that people think that Baun loaded up on water to artificially get heavier.  I host Strength competitions with strict weight divisions, the vast majority of athletes that I know try to manipulate their body weight with water to lose weight, rather than put it on.  

I'm not sure why exactly Baun had that diluted sample, but I really don't buy the angle of "wanting to weigh more".  

On the opinion of selecting an edge rusher at 33, as opposed to taking a WR or other?  Just different points of view.  I've been of the mindset that in a year with a crowded WR class, there will be plenty of depth all the way through the middle rounds, so no need to get one early.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 09:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Miller currently weighs 265, that's just proof that guys continue to grow, as his combine weight was 246ish.  I'm not getting that people think that Baun loaded up on water to artificially get heavier.  I host Strength competitions with strict weight divisions, the vast majority of athletes that I know try to manipulate their body weight with water to lose weight, rather than put it on.  

I'm not sure why exactly Baun had that diluted sample, but I really don't buy the angle of "wanting to weigh more".  

On the opinion of selecting an edge rusher at 33, as opposed to taking a WR or other?  Just different points of view.  I've been of the mindset that in a year with a crowded WR class, there will be plenty of depth all the way through the middle rounds, so no need to get one early.  

True or not, that was HIS excuse...

I see the WR class as deep, but only a small handful project as possible #1 WR.  This team only has Boyd and Tate under contract after next year.  I want to have Burrow surrounded by weapons.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2020, 04:04 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Baun, Davis-Gaither, and Strnad? I would love that!!! Those 3 and Pratter playng behind Geno and Reader? Carlos and Hubbard? With Bates and Bell/Williams? I think we'd have the strongest D in the division. Lamar won't be embarrassing us in 2020

Really this is what I want. I want a defense that won't be an embarrassment like last year. I get furious everytime I see that highlight. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote