Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rampant Out of Control Crime
(05-03-2024, 01:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, there's a whole thread about it.

I just won't blame it all on one issue.  

Ok, but with regard to the OP, what is your position on soft DA's refusing to prosecute crimes, thus artificially lowering the crime rate?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It is my understanding many blue states like NY and Chicago failed to report so F.B.I is using estimates versu factual data. If large blue states do not repotrt, it is impossible to trust the data.

Again, it is simple. voters in their cities and states will vote in November the POTUS they trust to deter/stop crime.

Common sense tells me over 10 million unvented illegal immigrants will create more crime. My common sense tells me when protestors are arrested all over the US and never charged, crime is higher than reporter. There is a reason soft on crime DA,s in blue state exist. They are there to help keep actual numbers down so Democrats can lie and say crime numbers are down.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Chicago is not this country's 51st state

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 02:29 PM)pally Wrote: Chicago is not this country's 51st state

Crap, there goes senate control.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 02:29 PM)pally Wrote: Chicago is not this country's 51st state

Eh, I live in Illinois. Might as well call the state Chicago.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 12:31 AM)pally Wrote: Take a few well publicized horrific incidents, play them on a never ending loop, and have well rehearsed over the top, the sky is falling commentary and suddenly you have a false narrative brought to you by Fox News and the RNC

Take out Fox and RNC from your post and you can just C&P your post into any gun control thread. Pre-2020s we had been on a downward trend of violent crime for the previous 30 years... unless you turned on the news which seemed deadset on making sure you felt less safe. Much along the lines of what Dino said.

It isn't a partisan issue. It's a 24-hour news cycle and if-it-bleeds-it-leads issue.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 02:49 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Eh, I live in Illinois. Might as well call the state Chicago.

Hmm, usually such amusingly blanket statements about states are reserved for people who live nowhere near them.  Everything south of Peoria is a sea of red for a thousand miles.  I will say if I ever see anyone from Wayne County I'll be sure to tell them they are a southside thug.

Of course I'm from western PA so when I lived in Chicago I was supposedly from "the east coast" and when I lived in NYC everything west of Jersey was the wild frontier to those folks.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 02:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Take out Fox and RNC from your post and you can just C&P your post into any gun control thread. Pre-2020s we had been on a downward trend of violent crime for the previous 30 years... unless you turned on the news which seemed deadset on making sure you felt less safe. Much along the lines of what Dino said.

It isn't a partisan issue. It's a 24-hour news cycle and if-it-bleeds-it-leads issue.

Oddly enough, I was reading that many metro areas are not counting gang violence in their murder and violent crimes statistics, thus skewing the statistics. If a person loses their life to another human's violent aggression it's murder, weather they are in a gang or not. Same goes with these softened inflation numbers, they're excluding the price of food and energy in order to present a more "acceptable" inflation percentage. Not counting the price of fuel and food for the vast majority of Americans who consider those to be significant portions of their household budgets when talking about inflation numbers is the equivalent of peeing on someone's leg and telling them that it's raining.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 03:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oddly enough, I was reading that many metro areas are not counting gang violence in their murder and violent crimes statistics, thus skewing the statistics. If a person loses their life to another human's violent aggression it's murder, weather they are in a gang or not.

I'm sure someone else has mentioned this or knows more about it, but I recall hearing the political strategy of putting gang violence in its own bracket was done as a means to minimize gun violence and/or show that a lot of the "statistics" of violence and crime are not applicable to most Americans because they occur within specific racial, societal, and locations.  It's a lot of "Yeah, this looks bad BUT it doesn't apply to YOU because....."

Right or wrong, this is one of those types of things the powers that be have programmed us to not consider to be applicable to the common American, so just tossing it all back into the same pile of stats could be one of those "Don't take down a fence until you know why it was put up in the first place" sort of things.

And like I've said, the number of people I've met in rural PA who think every inch of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs occurs under gunfire between the Crips and the Bloods is...well, I'm overselling it a bit here but not by much. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure someone else has mentioned this or knows more about it, but I recall hearing the political strategy of putting gang violence in its own bracket was done as a means to minimize gun violence and/or show that a lot of the "statistics" of violence and crime are not applicable to most Americans because they occur within specific racial, societal, and locations.  It's a lot of "Yeah, this looks bad BUT it doesn't apply to YOU because....."

Right or wrong, this is one of those types of things the powers that be have programmed us to not consider to be applicable to the common American, so just tossing it all back into the same pile of stats could be one of those "Don't take down a fence until you know why it was put up in the first place" sort of things.

And like I've said, the number of people I've met in rural PA who think every inch of Chicago and the surrounding suburbs occurs under gunfire between the Crips and the Bloods is...well, I'm overselling it a bit here but not by much. 

That is a valid point, and a good one at that. As some of the same people who may want to exclude gang violence from general crime stats might also want to specifically include that data in the total number when trying to sell the argument that "guns are bad, we need to do away with 2A rights".

As an aside, not all gang activity and crime is metro related. The vast expansion of the immigrants from South of the border over the past 50 years has led to plenty of those gangs expanding into rural America.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 03:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is a valid point, and a good one at that. As some of the same people who may want to exclude gang violence from general crime stats might also want to specifically include that data in the total number when trying to sell the argument that "guns are bad, we need to do away with 2A rights".

Well guns are immune in the sense that they are so well marketed that if you feel safe you should buy guns to keep it that way, and if you feel like you are in danger you should buy guns as a response.  There is no situation where "buy guns" isn't the answer for Americans.

My skepticism regarding crime in this country is that we seem to really be in a "believe what your leaders tell you to believe, not what you see" era of politics (not that it wasn't always this way, it just seems it's been turned up to 11) and "fixing crime" is a lot harder than just saying "Now that you've elected me, crime is down and everyone is safe and happy" and we want to believe that stuff, so we do.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 12:31 AM)pally Wrote: Take a few well publicized horrific incidents, play them on a never ending loop, and have well rehearsed over the top, the sky is falling commentary and suddenly you have a false narrative brought to you by Fox News and the RNC

Ahhh Yes... Much like the Jan 6 peaceful protest in Washington.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 05:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ahhh Yes... Much like the Jan 6 peaceful protest in Washington.

9/11 and Pearl Harbor all over again.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 02:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Take out Fox and RNC from your post and you can just C&P your post into any gun control thread. Pre-2020s we had been on a downward trend of violent crime for the previous 30 years... unless you turned on the news which seemed deadset on making sure you felt less safe. Much along the lines of what Dino said.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952segxau875atez4a7gc...y.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 12:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: At the risk of making an absolutist statement, I don't think you'll find a single soft on crime GOP politician.  The Dems are rife with them.  Claiming otherwise is like saying the Dems are responsible for 01/06.  It's patently absurd.

Yes, your point was understood as illustrated by my previous post.

Indeed, hence my pointing out that a decline in crime in rural areas is not reflective of the reality in urban areas.

It's actually true.  There's literal billboards on the freeways here from Orange County warning LA criminals that in OC they actually prosecute.  I've had numerous criminals tell me that they stick to LA because they know surrounding counties are harder on crime.  Hopefully that comes to an end this November.

[Image: IMG_0242.jpeg]

There's a bunch of these btw.

I see this type of stuff.
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/former-l-a-county-sheriff-villanueva-grilled-over-deputy-gangs/
And to me that is a problem bigger than a DA willing to try something different outside of the status quo of a broken system.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 08:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I see this type of stuff.
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/former-l-a-county-sheriff-villanueva-grilled-over-deputy-gangs/
And to me that is a problem bigger than a DA willing to try something different outside of the status quo of a broken system.

These deputy "gangs" has been an issue for decades, but they're nothing compared to a DA who literally lets criminals act with impunity.  You certainly won't catch me defending them, but it's not comparable, not even close.  I could get into more detail about them, but something tells me you don't really care.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 08:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: These deputy "gangs" has been an issue for decades, but they're nothing compared to a DA who literally lets criminals act with impunity.  You certainly won't catch me defending them, but it's not comparable, not even close.  I could get into more detail about them, but something tells me you don't really care.

If I’m gonna do organized crime. I’d definitely be looking for a softy DA and police gangs to work with.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 08:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: These deputy "gangs" has been an issue for decades, but they're nothing compared to a DA who literally lets criminals act with impunity.  You certainly won't catch me defending them, but it's not comparable, not even close.  I could get into more detail about them, but something tells me you don't really care.

Maybe the gang members have all declared that they are running for president and the DA had to back down?  Ninja

Fun side note, Jesse Ventura has a book called DemoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicans.  
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 08:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If I’m gonna do organized crime. I’d definitely be looking for a softy DA and police gangs to work with.

You didn't even read the story in your link, did you?  That type of behavior is not being alleged.  The "gangs" are more like frats within the department, and their actions are more in line with a fraternity as well.  Some of them have a racial component.  The Vikings used to be all white and the Banditos were/are all Hispanic.  None of this is to say they aren't a problem, or that they're just jovial groups within the department.  But your usual a bridge way too far hyperbole just isn't accurate.

(05-03-2024, 08:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe the gang members have all declared that they are running for president and the DA had to back down?  Ninja

Fun side note, Jesse Ventura has a book called DemoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicans.  

In LA they don't have to do anything.  But it looks almost certain that Gascon is going to lose big in November, which will be a rare piece of good news.  We're drastically understaffed now, a large chunk of my friends are retired and I'm now the old hand at just twenty-three years.  It's likely to get worse before it gets better as well.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2024, 08:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You didn't even read the story in your link, did you?  That type of behavior is not being alleged.  The "gangs" are more like frats within the department, and their actions are more in line with a fraternity as well.  Some of them have a racial component.  The Vikings used to be all white and the Banditos were/are all Hispanic.  None of this is to say they aren't a problem, or that they're just jovial groups within the department.  But your usual a bridge way too far hyperbole just isn't accurate.

In LA they don't have to do anything.  But it looks almost certain that Gascon is going to lose big in November, which will be a rare piece of good news.  We're drastically understaffed now, a large chunk of my friends are retired and I'm now the old hand at just twenty-three years.  It's likely to get worse before it gets better as well.

Multiple different gangs of sometimes racist LEOs who are known to celebrate things they shouldn’t and tattoo their bodies with symbols for the gangs? And I’m supposed to believe there is no criminal element involved? I’m not buying that for one second.

Maybe crime wouldn’t be so bad in LA if there weren’t gangs involved in law enforcement.
Reply/Quote