Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams D-line versus Bengals O-line
(11-25-2015, 05:25 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If the Rams put Donald over Bodine, I fear for Dalton.

If the Rams put Foles over Bodine I'd be worried.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The reverse is true as well.

The Bengals' Front 7 have some 'splaining to do after 'Zona.... The Rams' weakened O-line will be rekt tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:33 AM)Beaker Wrote: The rams are going to blitz our butts off. That has shown to give us problems in the last few games. Teams will continue to do so until we can stop it.

Yeah, I'm believe this to be the case as well. Rush the passer while taking away the quick pass. Dalton (or any QB for that matter) is going to have a rough day with defensive linemen in his face.

The key will be for us to get an early lead.

Reply/Quote
If Jeremy Hill ever pulls his head out of his ass, maybe we could get the running game going and take that heat off Dalton.  Sure isn't looking too good though.  3.3 YPC and 8 catches on the year?  Sad
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 11:51 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If Jeremy Hill ever pulls his head out of his ass, maybe we could get the running game going and take that heat off Dalton.  Sure isn't looking too good though.  3.3 YPC and 8 catches on the year?  Sad

I just saw the other day that his long carry of the year is fifteen (15) yards. That changes Sunday. Consider it my books bold prediction.
Reply/Quote
If they stick with the 4-3, Bengals should fare well. They always seem to struggle against the odd fronts.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I remember reading awhile back about Dalton having one of the quickest release times from snap. It was something like 2 1/2 seconds on average. Unfortunately, the past couple weeks have shown defensive lines getting to Dalton at around the 2 second mark. That's not saying much about this previously hailed offensive line!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 02:59 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I remember reading awhile back about Dalton having one of the quickest release times from snap.  It was something like 2 1/2 seconds on average.  Unfortunately, the past couple weeks have shown defensive lines getting to Dalton at around the 2 second mark.  That's not saying much about this previously hailed offensive line!

Exactly!! My friends and I were discussing the big difference in AD during the 8-0 run, and during that time AD was quick scanning the field and firing the ball quickly. It all depends can we get 2 second release AD back, or if its 10 second release AD its gonna be a long day against that D!
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 02:59 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I remember reading awhile back about Dalton having one of the quickest release times from snap.  It was something like 2 1/2 seconds on average.  Unfortunately, the past couple weeks have shown defensive lines getting to Dalton at around the 2 second mark.  That's not saying much about this previously hailed offensive line!

Alas that has been the problem. Andy was in the 2.2 to 2.3 second release time range (second only to Brady). But the last couple of weeks teams have been exploiting the interior line and are on him in 2 or less seconds. If it comes to it we need to go to mass protect, or even bench Bodine and/or have Hewitt in on pass plays to help him.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 03:21 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Exactly!! My friends and I were discussing the big difference in AD during the 8-0 run, and during that time AD was quick scanning the field and firing the ball quickly. It all depends can we get 2 second release AD back, or if its 10 second release AD its gonna be a long day against that D!

The issue is not that Andy has taken longer to get it out, but rather that teams are exploiting the interior line and getting to him in 2 or less seconds. Too many times we saw unblocked pass rushers up the middle among other problems.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 03:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: The issue is not that Andy has taken longer to get it out, but rather that teams are exploiting the interior line and getting to him in 2 or less seconds. Too many times we saw unblocked pass rushers up the middle among other problems.

That's right.  And I'm sure hoping we fix this now.  
I think that's been the difference lately.  Offensive line hasn't been blocking anyone.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 03:34 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: That's right.  And I'm sure hoping we fix this now.  
I think that's been the difference lately.  Offensive line hasn't been blocking anyone.

It's the A gap blitz. The Bengals have struggled against it all year and the Cards exploited it on national television.

Sure, other teams have done it. But the Cards also play with physical corners so quick release passes had a decent chance of getting intercepted. It all came down to getting time. But Gio, Hill, and Bodine all struggled to block the A gap.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 11:51 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If Jeremy Hill ever pulls his head out of his ass, maybe we could get the running game going and take that heat off Dalton.  Sure isn't looking too good though.  3.3 YPC and 8 catches on the year?  Sad

If we want to get the running game going, the odds say we shouldn't be handing it to Hill.  I want to believe the guy is going to run downhill this whole game and get his mojo back, but we have to get a lead first.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: hopefully Quinn is still out

Hopefully our line gets their shit together.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote

Tell Hue to stop running him out of shotgun. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2015, 04:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's the A gap blitz. The Bengals have struggled against it all year and the Cards exploited it on national television.

Sure, other teams have done it. But the Cards also play with physical corners so quick release passes had a decent chance of getting intercepted. It all came down to getting time. But Gio, Hill, and Bodine all struggled to block the A gap.

That's on Bodine. Bodine doesn't have a good control of the line. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
fredtoast Wrote:I am a little worried about this match up.

I think we won the match up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote